What's new

General/Other Red or Blue??? Skarlet or Kitana???

Who is higher on the tier list?

• Total voters

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
you can't just compare most of those tools though. like, kitana's 10f combo starter isn't something that's realistic to use in a match. the frames of 21 aren't what make that move good, and matchups are subjective and changeable (Kitana-Kenshi could be turned into 3-7 while Skarlet-Kabal could be turned into 3-7).

we also haven't mentioned kitana's ability to lame characters out in a way skarlet can't do.

I would think there close to equal skarlett's armor though was a nice touch in putting her just past kitana play

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Ginchy Chris

Super Chef
I play both, but I perfer using Kitana. Its much harder to play well with Scarlet. Kitana doesnt have to take as many risks, nor does she rely on meter as much. Also, the exe8ution of her combos is much easier. I dont think there is another character who can take half of your life as easily, meterless. Skarlet is an offensive powerhouse, but you have to make tougher choices with Skarlet, like to break or not to break. Skarlet without meter feels naked to me. Skarlet uses meter more on offense,.which, to me, means she breaks combos less, and when she does break, she typically has no meter left, eliminating one of her best options, even if only for ten seconds.

Kitty can simply zone out and run from half the cast without much effort. It's almost impossible to preasure her on wakeup or corner her. Her overall defense is insane. Much better than Skarlet's, imho.

Of course, im no tourney player. These are just my oppinions

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Skarlet is definitely the better character, but Kitana is a lot easier to use, more so than a vast majority of the cast, not just Skarlet. Whereas Skarlet is one of the hardest and least played, if Skarlett had equal number of time and players put on her, this wouldn't be a question
I agree. Kitana is braindead

Ginchy Chris

Super Chef
I watch videos of fights alot and ive never seen a really sick Skarlet that is consistent. That's not to say it cant be done, but of all the viable characters, she's the hardest to get good with, and even the best skarlet players dont consistenty
ly kick ass enough. Maybe one day they'll rule, but it will be a tougher road than winning with Kitty would be.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I play both, but I perfer using Kitana. Its much harder to play well with Scarlet. Kitana doesnt have to take as many risks, nor does she rely on meter as much. Also, the exe8ution of her combos is much easier. I dont think there is another character who can take half of your life as easily, meterless. Skarlet is an offensive powerhouse, but you have to make tougher choices with Skarlet, like to break or not to break. Skarlet without meter feels naked to me. Skarlet uses meter more on offense,.which, to me, means she breaks combos less, and when she does break, she typically has no meter left, eliminating one of her best options, even if only for ten seconds.

Kitty can simply zone out and run from half the cast without much effort. It's almost impossible to preasure her on wakeup or corner her. Her overall defense is insane. Much better than Skarlet's, imho.

Of course, im no tourney player. These are just my oppinions
Another not so true statement here.
Skarlet meter is mostly used for defense purposes (Armor, breaker, meter threat), and not offensive as you said, you can sometimes use meter offensively to change the course of some MU when NEEDED, its not an obligation.

Skarlet is not an offensive powerhouse, another statement that is not correct.
Any Skarlet player should know that skarlet is not a rushdown invincible character. Ninj is tired of saying this.

There is a lot of theory speculation that doesn't fit here, this is why i prefer to see what works and what doesn't in actual battle, speculating how good or bad a character can be, who takes more risks and who doesn't, and what would kit do here that skarlet can't do is bullshit and doesn't change nothing.

In the end the player behind the character is the key of success.

NKZero

Noob
Another not so true statement here.
Skarlet meter is mostly used for defense purposes (Armor, breaker, meter threat), and not offensive as you said, you can sometimes use meter offensively to change the course of some MU when NEEDED, its not an obligation.

Skarlet is not an offensive powerhouse, another statement that is not correct.
Any Skarlet player should know that skarlet is not a rushdown invincible character. Ninj is tired of saying this.

There is a lot of theory speculation that doesn't fit here, this is why i prefer to see what works and what doesn't in actual battle, speculating how good or bad a character can be, who takes more risks and who doesn't, and what would kit do here that skarlet can't do is bullshit and doesn't change nothing.

In the end the player behind the character is the key of success.
Yeah good post, but this doesn't apply to Sektor. Anyone can pick up his broken ass, abuse the 6 frame jab and win all MU's 10-0.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I watch videos of fights alot and ive never seen a really sick Skarlet that is consistent. That's not to say it cant be done, but of all the viable characters, she's the hardest to get good with, and even the best skarlet players dont consistenty
ly kick ass enough. Maybe one day they'll rule, but it will be a tougher road than winning with Kitty would be.
This a very true statement.

Eddy Wang Sometimes you post things with a tone that makes you feel superior to those you are talking to and I feel like you disagree with people sometimes just to be argumentative. Ginchy Chris has some very solid points in both of his posts. Other times you post very helpful things. Stick to the latter because in this thread your posts have struck a nerve with people (at least me) and you havn't been very helpful.

BillStickers your backhanded posts are a thorn in the side of many. you said to PM you if people have issues with you, but I have no problem saying it in public. your annoying and stay out of my thread please. Joe is ten times the player that you are and you have no right talking to him that way.

rev0lver Thank you for posting intelligent answers to questions. Your logic is respectable and you havn't really said anything I can disagree with.

You must never have been d4 slided

Skarlet is definitely the better character, but Kitana is a lot easier to use, more so than a vast majority of the cast, not just Skarlet. Whereas Skarlet is one of the hardest and least played, if Skarlett had equal number of time and players put on her, this wouldn't be a question
I tend to agree with this but I do understand how limited she is without meter...that does play a role in her MU. I'm glad we agree on something skarlet related Foxy

FCP/EMP SCAR your right for the most part in that we dont have a large tournament presence and if we did we would most likely have seen a tournament win or multiple top 8's by now.

My personal experience is that because of her execution, her best tools cannot be utilized on a consistent basis. Because of this I find myself using armor to cover up my mistakes and make up for missed opportunities. This is a fault of my own and not of the character. She needs more time and energy spent on her to maximize her potential. NOBODY plays Skarlet at the highest possible level yet.

ryublaze

Noob
Not that it really matters much but just to add in with Scar's ft10, me and Mr. Mileena played a lot a long time ago and had the same outcome as Scar and khaotik. I'm not sure if Mr. Mil was playing his best though, but that was when I was doing pretty well with Skarlet. Also no Skarlet player, including me and Scar, uses her to her full potential yet.

I agree with Scar that if more Skarlet players could get to tournaments we would be seeing her in top 8. I honestly think that if me, Ninj, Eddy or others had as much offline practice as the top players and could travel then we could bring Skarlet to the top. Personally, I don't think tournament placements matter much because there are still tons of players who don't know how to fight her and tournament matches are like what best 2 out of 3?

I think Kitana is slightly better. Skarlet has to take more risks, she's meter dependent, and puts herself at constant disadvantage where she can be full comboed on a wrong guess. If you think about it, she's probably almost as risky as Scorpion, but she uses meter instead.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Not that it really matters much but just to add in with Scar's ft10, me and Mr. Mileena played a lot a long time ago and had the same outcome as Scar and khaotik. I'm not sure if Mr. Mil was playing his best though, but that was when I was doing pretty well with Skarlet. Also no Skarlet player, including me and Scar, uses her to her full potential yet.
Well I've beaten Ninj in ft10s before if that means anything lol. But this thread isn't about the matchup between the two chars anyway.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy Wang Sometimes you post things with a tone that makes you feel superior to those you are talking to and I feel like you disagree with people sometimes just to be argumentative. Ginchy Chris has some very solid points in both of his posts. Other times you post very helpful things. Stick to the latter because in this thread your posts have struck a nerve with people (at least me) and you havn't been very helpful.
Yah man, sorry my post isn't being helpful at all, thanks you for bringing me to the light again.
And sorry if i'm disturbing anyone, i will just let this go and worry with other stuffs to do.

peace

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yah man, sorry my post isn't being helpful at all, thanks you for bringing me to the light again.
And sorry if i'm disturbing anyone, i will just let this go and worry with other stuffs to do.

peace
I mean...you probably have some insight that would be helpful if you wanted to add it.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
BillStickers your backhanded posts are a thorn in the side of many. you said to PM you if people have issues with you, but I have no problem saying it in public. your annoying and stay out of my thread please. Joe is ten times the player that you are and you have no right talking to him that way.
Let's be clear about something here: I am fully aware that this is a troll thread. If you had any actual interest in discussing Skarlet's merits over Kitana, you would have made this post in the Skarlet forums. Being a concern troll is still being a troll.

Anyone who has frequented the Kitana forums as much as I have are well aware of Mr. Mileena's bouts of emo-ness. He lost to Wound Cowboy online and screamed that Shang beat Kitana. He lost to an Ermac player online and insisted that Kitana-Ermac was 4-6. He lost to REO's Noob Saibot online and complained that Noob-Kitana was no longer in her favor. In every case, he has come back and said, "oh yeah I was just being emo lol." So please forgive me if I'm not buying this little boy who cried wolf bullshit for the 10th time.

YOU were the one that prefaced your post with Mr. Mileena's comment, as if suddenly now that one great Kitana player thinks that Skarlet is better, we should all just go ahead and change our minds. So yeah, if the only thing you're going to go by is that one player happens to say that Skarlet is better as your only line of reasoning when you have LITERALLY NOTHING else going for you, then yeah I'm gonna call you guys out.

Let's consider the fact that Reptile, Mileena, and EVEN SUB ZERO have a better top 8 record than Skarlet. Here's an idea: make one fucking top 8 with this supposed amazing character. JUST ONE, BECAUSE SO FAR THERE HAVE BEEN ZERO. Operation Wolf just had 3 Kitanas in top 8 and 2 in top 4. This thread shouldn't even EXIST until ANYONE can prove that Skarlet is even top 8 material in tournament.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I mean...you probably have some insight that would be helpful if you wanted to add it.
No at all, U.S Skarlet plays more on the offensive, i don't. I see the Offensive Skarlet takes too much risks.

So i play more of a very defensive Skarlet than offensive, and compensate my offensive game by punishing every single mistake find myself possible to do it. This allows me to reserve meter, take less risks and switch between both offense and defense, when needed.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Let's be clear about something here: I am fully aware that this is a troll thread. If you had any actual interest in discussing Skarlet's merits over Kitana, you would have made this post in the Skarlet forums. Being a concern troll is still being a troll.

Anyone who has frequented the Kitana forums as much as I have are well aware of Mr. Mileena's bouts of emo-ness. He lost to Wound Cowboy online and screamed that Shang beat Kitana. He lost to an Ermac player online and insisted that Kitana-Ermac was 4-6. He lost to REO's Noob Saibot online and complained that Noob-Kitana was no longer in her favor. In every case, he has come back and said, "oh yeah I was just being emo lol." So please forgive me if I'm not buying this little boy who cried wolf bullshit for the 10th time.

YOU were the one that prefaced your post with Mr. Mileena's comment, as if suddenly now that one great Kitana player thinks that Skarlet is better, we should all just go ahead and change our minds. So yeah, if the only thing you're going to go by is that one player happens to say that Skarlet is better as your only line of reasoning when you have LITERALLY NOTHING else going for you, then yeah I'm gonna call you guys out.

Let's consider the fact that Reptile, Mileena, and EVEN SUB ZERO have a better top 8 record than Skarlet. Here's an idea: make one fucking top 8 with this supposed amazing character. JUST ONE, BECAUSE SO FAR THERE HAVE BEEN ZERO. Operation Wolf just had 3 Kitanas in top 8 and 2 in top 4. This thread shouldn't even EXIST until ANYONE can prove that Skarlet is even top 8 material in tournament.
So because you have a personal vendetta against skarlet you feel the need to troll a thread that actually wasn't intended to be a troll thread? The only kitana I ever talk to about this topic is Mr Mileena. I legitimately wanted the other KITANA players opinions.

Man...you have issues dude

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
So because you have a personal vendetta against skarlet you feel the need to troll a thread that actually wasn't intended to be a troll thread? The only kitana I ever talk to about this topic is Mr Mileena. I legitimately wanted the other KITANA players opinions.

Man...you have issues dude
Where in my posts did I say that I had a vendetta against Skarlet? Where in my posts did I say that Mr. Mileena was a bad player? Check your reading comprehension, dude.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Where in my posts did I say that I had a vendetta against Skarlet? Where in my posts did I say that Mr. Mileena was a bad player? Check your reading comprehension, dude.
in your huge rant, it screamed "skarlet sucks and kitana is better and he is too dumb to know this"

Where in my posts did I say that you said Mr Mil was a bad player?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
it's sad that things like this get more attention than threads dedicated to leveling up the metagame of characters.
Its a common theme that Skarlet gets a bad rap and as players get better and better with her, its interesting to see how the communities view of Skarlet changes. She has already jumped up on the tier list from mid tier to A or A+ ad she might have some more climbing to do...but her climb is based on how she is viewed and its obvious some people are blind to her potential.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Its a common theme that Skarlet gets a bad rap and as players get better and better with her, its interesting to see how the communities view of Skarlet changes. She has already jumped up on the tier list from mid tier to A or A+ ad she might have some more climbing to do...but her climb is based on how she is viewed and its obvious some people are blind to her potential.
The main reason, I feel, that Skarlet hasn't made top 8 yet is that the Skarlet community and meta-game is still evolving and changing, whereas a character like Kitana has already been fully fleshed out, people understand her and how to use her. Skarlet's insane execution and lack of a large number of tournament players are other problems too.

i'm not trying to blow up the kitana community but IMHO skarlet demands you to be a better player than most characters in this game. what do i know though, i'm an online scrub. :S

but yeah, this thread's stupid and I know you had good intentions but TYM is not ready for a healthy discussion, lol

I agree with Scar that if more Skarlet players could get to tournaments we would be seeing her in top 8. I honestly think that if me, Ninj, Eddy or others had as much offline practice as the top players and could travel then we could bring Skarlet to the top. Personally, I don't think tournament placements matter much because there are still tons of players who don't know how to fight her and tournament matches are like what best 2 out of 3?

I think Kitana is slightly better. Skarlet has to take more risks, she's meter dependent, and puts herself at constant disadvantage where she can be full comboed on a wrong guess. If you think about it, she's probably almost as risky as Scorpion, but she uses meter instead.
Yeah those were fun.

I still think the Matchup is 5-5 but if anyone of them were to win, I'd give the edge to Kitana/

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
in your huge rant, it screamed "skarlet sucks and kitana is better and he is too dumb to know this"
You misread me. All I'm saying is that Mr. Mileena has a track record of reactionary Kitana downplaying and that the context should be considered before using his opinion as gospel. I'm also saying that Skarlet has a mediocre tournament performance that does not justify putting Kitana beneath her.

Where in my posts did I say that you said Mr Mil was a bad player?
Right here; I don't know why else you would point this out:

Joe is ten times the player that you are and you have no right talking to him that way.