What's new

General/Other Red or Blue??? Skarlet or Kitana???

Who is higher on the tier list?

• Total voters

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
How on earth does Baraka even remotely resemble Cage? The only differences between Sonya and Skarlet are that Dash has greater range than Kartwheel, Skarlet's main projectile can be instant-aired and Skarlet's tele-drop is leagues better than Arc Kick.
..........those are the only differences?

I need to find this Skarlet player who's going to d4~ms me to death.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I was really hoping for this to be an intelligent debate. Joe used to tell me how skarlet was mid tier at best. And I wanted to know how other kitana community members felt. I don't so much care what you say if you don't play either character.

if skarlet players still cant do their 50% or whatever bnb's consistently and keep dropping them, then maybe those combos arent really bnb's, thats what I think. taking away that raw combo damage is pretty significant. her dagger zoning isnt really that good, its good but not as useful as a traditional instant air fireball imo, and its also hard to do. outside of her blockstrings I dont believe she really has good normals. kitana is better imo, skarlet has a lot of possibilities as a character, but I don't believe all that stuff can be done conistently.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I was really hoping for this to be an intelligent debate. Joe used to tell me how skarlet was mid tier at best. And I wanted to know how other kitana community members felt. I don't so much care what you say if you don't play either character.
I would say they're pretty equal overall, but I'd still give an edge to Kitana.

They both have good damage and air control, but of course Skarlet has armor. The reason I'd give it to Kitana for that though is because Skarlet at some point has to take risks, whereas Kitana doesn't. Kitana also has superior footsie and counterpoking tools imo. Instant air dagger is a great counterpoking tool but it doesn't give as much as Kitana's counters.

The only thing that could put Skarlet over her is her chip damage, and while this is great it's situational as it prevents her from being able to save for armor or breaker. Kitana builds meter very well and doesn't have to worry about such decisions in most matchups.

I still think Skarlet is outside top 10 but I could be proven wrong. In terms of tournament results it's heavily in Kitana's favor at the moment, so maybe if we can see someone take Skarlet to top 8 at a big major we can see how viable the argument is.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Not this again...
Yes, this again:)

And guess what, i voted for Kitana;)

if skarlet players still cant do their 50% or whatever bnb's consistently and keep dropping them, then maybe those combos arent really bnb's, thats what I think. taking away that raw combo damage is pretty significant. her dagger zoning isnt really that good, its good but not as useful as a traditional instant air fireball imo, and its also hard to do. outside of her blockstrings I dont believe she really has good normals. kitana is better imo, skarlet has a lot of possibilities as a character, but I don't believe all that stuff can be done conistently.
I Can do any Skarlet stuff i want to without complaining btw, but i don't think your statement isn't the reason she isn't higher on the tier list.
So as her dagger is not exactly to zone ppl, that is why their damage isn't good, and it's not even a fire ball lol.
Skarlet has good normals as anyone in the game, she is not perfect but the reason she isin't higher on the tier list its not because of her tools.

Her tools are perfectly fine.

I would say they're pretty equal overall, but I'd still give an edge to Kitana.

They both have good damage and air control, but of course Skarlet has armor. The reason I'd give it to Kitana for that though is because Skarlet at some point has to take risks, whereas Kitana doesn't. Kitana also has superior footsie and counterpoking tools imo. Instant air dagger is a great counterpoking tool but it doesn't give as much as Kitana's counters.

The only thing that could put Skarlet over her is her chip damage, and while this is great it's situational as it prevents her from being able to save for armor or breaker. Kitana builds meter very well and doesn't have to worry about such decisions in most matchups.
Your statement isn't entirely true either
Skarlet air control is inconsistent
Counter Poking with low dagger is +15 on hit, with far dagger is +25 on hit, some Skarlet players just don't take advantage of this
You're just playing a Skarlet that spends unnecessarily too much meter to keep up by his mistakes using continuous blockstrings.

I will not go for details here, but the reason why Skarlet isin't higher on the tier list, are inside two posts in this thread, and they're not even mine, or by any Skarlet player.

with this said, i'm out.
peace ppl, i love both character and i think this thread is pointless

MU numbers are not based on the result of two guys playing a FT10. Also the Kitana vs. Skarlet MU doesn't decide which is a better overall character.
this isnt just 2 guys, we both play our characters respectably at the highest level, and ive managed to take skarlet to 9th place at mlg, and i havent even broke even 10% of the tournaments u manage to attend bit, so what would happen if i had the opportunity to attend more tournaments i can guarantee i'd place top 8 with her maybe even more, if skarlet players got out more u would see what kind of impact she could have on tournaments, she truely has the tools to overcome damn near every character if her tools are used superbly... These videos do prove something, they prove that both characters ( played at the highest level) or deadlier then more then half the cast...and are very tourny viable and are both capable of being top 8 characters bit.

PS: if anyone wants to fight a great skarlet get in contact with emperor_fear from chile, guys skarlet is beast he has really lvled up with her..salute..

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Your statement isn't entirely true either
Skarlet air control is inconsistent
I know.

Counter Poking with low dagger is +15 on hit, with far dagger is +25 on hit, some Skarlet players just don't take advantage of this
I know, but it doesn't concern me that much. It's good, but my counterpoking can be a combo that takes half your life.

You're just playing a Skarlet that spends unnecessarily too much meter to keep up by his mistakes using continuous blockstrings.
I haven't played many blockstring-heavy skarlets (referring to the ex dagger strings). I don't know who you think I'm playing lol. I'm just comparing each character's tools.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know.

I know, but it doesn't concern me that much. It's good, but my counterpoking can be a combo that takes half your life.

I haven't played many blockstring-heavy skarlets (referring to the ex dagger strings). I don't know who you think I'm playing lol. I'm just comparing each character's tools.
i dunno about counterpoking that are combo starters, but who i'm i to judge?

ppl these days compare tools too much, i actually don't care about tier lists anymore, if a character is good, the one who mains him should understand his character very well, the human error will aways be a deciding factor in the game, no matter how good each one can be with his main character.

Scar I like you but an online ft10 for a specific matchup isn't determining anyone's position on the tier list.
ive done more with the character then just do a ft10 in an online match....im an offline fighter and has put my character against some of the best top 16 at Anaheim and 9th at dallas, getting closer n closer, so u gonna tell me that doesnt prove anything either? Ive taken my fair share of tournaments over showtime n cat both elite kabal n sonya users, thats saying something, even gave pig of the huts mileena n kenshi hell, does that not shake up the tier list, lets stop fooling ourselves and admit that skarlet is capable of top 8 and maybe even more...if i would have cracked top 8 with skarlet in dallas we wouldnt even be having this discussion...hell 1 win away u might as well throw her in there.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
ive done more with the character then just do a ft10 in an online match....im an offline fighter and has put my character against some of the best top 16 at Anaheim and 9th at dallas, getting closer n closer, so u gonna tell me that doesnt prove anything either? Ive taken my fair share of tournaments over showtime n cat both elite kabal n sonya users, thats saying something, even gave pig of the huts mileena n kenshi hell, does that not shake up the tier list, lets stop fooling ourselves and admit that skarlet is capable of top 8 and maybe even more...
I'm not some random filthy casual, of course I've seen you play and I know your placements. At both MLGs you mentioned there was a Kitana main in top 8. I'm not saying you're not capable of placing at a major, I'm saying we need to wait for someone like you to outplace the top Kitanas to see if the Skarlet>Kitana argument is truly viable. But at this point we haven't seen this, so we need to go by the characters' tools for now.

I'm not some random filthy casual, of course I've seen you play and I know your placements. At both MLGs you mentioned there was a Kitana main in top 8. I'm not saying you're not capable of placing at a major, I'm saying we need to wait for someone like you to outplace the top Kitanas to see if the Skarlet>Kitana argument is truly viable. But at this point we haven't seen this, so we need to go by the characters' tools for now.
like i said it all comes down to the number of tournies one gets to attend if i could afford to get out n travel like the reos, cdjrs, and bits then u would see that, same goes for the rest of the skarlet users, but the reality is we just arent as fortunate as others to travel as much as others. All im saying is me placing numbers as close as 9th with the best players in the world with a character who has been in doubt since she dropped should tell u, "yea this character can be just as viable in placing top 8" as any kitana user, thats all im saying, the tools are there to make her a top 8 contender.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm referring to things like b1/b3~ex fan, as well as the typical backdash f21.
bro, i don't consider these pokes lol, but these are her good footsie tools.
Skarlet has equal options too.

But i'm not in the mood to theory this and that, i don't do this in first place, i prefer to stand up from facts of stuff already done and proven in battle than actually theory what each character can possibly do in a match against other ^^

thanks for the explanation though, it was good to know ^^