What's new

Red hoods place in the tier list

Neeko

Noob
red hood is a solid character, top 10 easy.
But there's a lot of solid characters so it's not all that easy to break top 10. Cw, sg, fate, manta, supes, bladam, flash, batman, firestorm, and hellboy. There's 10 right there, is he EASILY better than all of them? To me I only see 2 or 3 that could put up an argument for being worse than him and those are very debatable.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I think her backdash recovery is too good for how evasive it is after the initial invincibility and having 2 or 3 strings that grant meterless b3's goes against the the rules that most characters have to burn meter to get b3's. Only other examples I can think of off-hand is Harley's Tantrum 1 into b3 which I can live with and Batman's 223 which is just another reason Batman is silly lol.
Agree with most of what you say :), that said there’s a couple of chars from my deck with meterless b3’s using trait; Fate & Brainiac

There are a lot of great players that actually main him that say he is top 5 including The number 1 and 2 red hood players in SonicFox and M2Dave. There are many other players that consider him top 5. The number one thing in this game is neutral and redhood has top 3 neutral in this game.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Lol true. I guess my perspective is CW's b3's isn't that much different from Injustice 1 and I'm used to it playing 16 Bit so much. Her b3 didn't grant advantage but it was still a gamble to try and attack her after regardless which is no different than now. It was always best to bait it with spacing or jump back and whiff punish with d1~special.

I think her backdash recovery is too good for how evasive it is after the initial invincibility and having 2 or 3 strings that grant meterless b3's goes against the the rules that most characters have to burn meter to get b3's. Only other examples I can think of off-hand is Harley's Tantrum 1 into b3 which I can live with and Batman's 223 which is just another reason Batman is silly lol.

I'm not sure what Batman's weakness is, I just think it's fine Batman being OP because it's Batman. I agree with you on Darkseid and yea wtf is up with Hellboy lulz.
I think it was because the general scale of balance was much different and there was MUCH more broken shit above her

But in the scale and Meta her and SG are little too good, just slight nerfs and the game be better than it is now in balance which is really fucking good

Also agree with you on Batman

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
If you don't think hellboy is silly then idk what's wrong.

You have to look past his "gimmicks" and look at him as a fighting game character. F2 is super silly and he can make it plus? Yeah go ahead and say "it's just plus 2 and he's out of range" even at +2, -1, or 0 f2 still controls the pace of the match.
Then gunshot controls the pace of the match outside of f2 range it's a great projectile. Then he touches you and his "gimmicks" shine.

Back to the thread, red hood is top 10.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
There are a lot of great players that actually main him that say he is top 5 including The number 1 and 2 red hood players in SonicFox and M2Dave. There are many other players that consider him top 5. The number one thing in this game is neutral and redhood has top 3 neutral in this game.
Playing2win i like you buddy but this isnt an argument lol, sonic thought darkseid was top 3 lmao prepatch and that he beat aquaman lol, when in reality the char wasnt even top 15 at the time. So thats not an argument and while m2dave is a good redhood he isnt the second best at tall, flowchart, and richards both have better redhoods, flowchart placed at scr and is better. Redhood does not have top 3 neutral lol, bladam, catwoman, supergirl, hellboy def have more oppresive neutral. And you didnt even refute any previous points, redhood is no way better than, bladam,supergirl,fate,bladam,firestorm,manta, hellboy and potentially a few others, like in the last patch he got hit badly on everything. Lunge and meterburn lunge got more negative and do less chip and damage on hit, like much less. Damage nerf and redhood already wasnt doing insane damage regardless.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yeah idc what anyone says, batman doesnt need anymore nerfs, just because he's still good
tho, i know it wasnt said directly, just in case some were thinking it.

they nerfed his pressure, they nerfed his meter, they nerfed his jump in, they nerfed his vortex, and they nerfed his bats.

fuck no

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
His lunge is so potato, I laugh when I see people say his neutral is "just good"
His neutral is over the top with that lunge.
His zoning is good, his oki is supergood and in the corner it's retarded, his chip damage in general is godlike.
His only weakness is having bad wake-ups when he is cornered imo.
I can see him being top 7-ish at worst but I do think he is top 5 material for sure.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
His lunge is so potato, I laugh when I see people say his neutral is "just good"
His zoning is good, his oki is supergood and in the corner it's (soap bar in my mouth), his chip damage in general is godlike.
I can see him being top 7-ish at worst but I do think he is top 5 material for sure.
Lunge does 5 percent on chip for a bar and if u dont space it you get punished, and it does 14 percent on hit for a bar as well,his damage got nerfed hard and he was already not doing that much damage, his wakeups are meh. The character is top 10 but again he is no where near as oppresive or as busted as, bladam,catwoman,sg,fate,manta, hellboy,superman,firestorm, and potentially a few others, Prepatch he was top 5 free but he got serious nerfs now lol.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Since release I always saw him in the top 10 echelon of the roster, if not just outside it, but I had an open mind to if he was top 5 or not.

In this version of the game, I barely consider him top 5 material. He may have not that many losing mus, but I'm willing to bet the actual number of winning mus he has is less than who I currently consider top 5. To me, as a person whose labbed and grinded the shit out of him since release, he's high mid tier at worst. If I want to be an optimist, he's probably within the 7-9th spot but that's too unrealistic to expect from me.

It goes without saying though that the character was annoyingly upplayed since EVO, and has been ever since. Just because one player can bring out the best in a character, doesn't mean that the character is necessarily as good as they claim they are.

I don't deny that:
- His lunge is a good tool.
- His chip and meterbuild is still very good.
- He has very good neutral and passable space control
- He has very good setplay.

His weaknesses, that he's always had since forever, are his bad wakeups in the corner and his below average damage. While he's relatively the same character at a surface level, the patch affected him more than you'd like to think it did both directly and indirectly.

Neeko

Noob
Almost all his advancing strings are highs. He has shit jump ins. A shit down 1. How exactly is his neutral top 3? especially when supergirl catwoman and superman black Adam are all still characters. Top 3 how.

Neeko

Noob
His zoning is good, his oki is supergood and in the corner it's (soap bar in my mouth), his chip damage in general is godlike.
his only weakness? B2 is his only safe neutral tool. Everything else is a high or stubby. Shittttty jump ins. Crap damage.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I didn't say he needs nerfs; I said that his nerfs before didn't really change much. He can still get ambiguous jump ins, the nerf only made it so he can't do dumb shit like s1 instant j2 cross-up. His pressure and meter build were not what made Batman so good. It was his vortex and trait, which he still has. Even if he isn't building as much meter as he was before while tossing batarangs, he's still buiding trait. Trait is still insanely good because all he needs is 1 bat to do everything in the game. By the time you get rid of it, he's going to have another bat ready because it still charges while he has a bat out. And for some reason, he starts the match off with 3 bats, essentially giving him instant access to a level 3 trait when characters like Firestorm, Black Canary, Captain Cold have to start at level 0.

His vortex didn't get nerfed because he can still do MB Grapple walk back forward j2 or MB Grapple normal into release bat j2. If the hit advantage on MB Grapple and trait weren't so huge, then he wouldn't have a vortex.
k, well i was under the impression that people were saying he needed yet another nerf, which i don't agree with at all. He's still really good, which im thankful for, but he's easier to deal with than he was on release, definitely.

Jinxx

9 Lives
I think he's top 5 and possibly top 3. To my knowledge he only loses 2 match ups, Doctor Fate and Catwoman. I think that fact alone makes him extremely good as he seems to beat 80% of the cast
He aint top 5 and he loses neither of those lol, imo he only loses to Black adam, Flash, Hellboy, and Supergirl

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
He aint top 5 and he loses neither of those lol, imo he only loses to Black adam, Flash, Hellboy, and Supergirl
He doesn't lose to Adam.

I only have him losing to Flash and CW. SG is rough but its not that bad and Hellboy is even.

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
He beats Bladam and Supergirl is even, also I think he definitely loses to CW imo

Jinxx

9 Lives
Lol none of those are real mids against catwoman. Not even his d1. She pretty much just bypasses most his zoning really quickly with her walk speed and once she's in her range you're pretty much at her mercy. Her j2 is a pretty safe way in if you ask me lol better than what most characters have. Definitely in catwomans favor.
Idk if you know this but you can low profile her j2 with your b3, aghh so lovely:p

Jinxx

9 Lives
He doesn't lose to Adam.

I only have him losing to Flash and CW. SG is rough but its not that bad and Hellboy is even.
def doesnt lose to cw and he def loses to supergirl. I feel adam beats him tho but not by much