What's new

Red hoods place in the tier list

Neeko

Noob
Recently I've been seeing red hoods place in tier lists fall a great deal. I remember listening to a podcast by reo and everyone was goin on about hood being number 1 in game(before most recent patch). I always thought that was ridiculous upplay.
Ive played him since he dropped because I love the character, story wise and design in game. I remember specifically him being seen as mediocre until sonic started having tournament successs with him and claiming that hood had no bad match ups. Despite the fact that no one else was having much success with him, and that sonic had to switch off of him all the time in tournament, his general tier placement amongst most of the community shot up to top 5 or number 1 in some cases.
So there are 2 main points to this thread
1) To find out where this character sits according to you guys, the test your might community.
2) and to highlight the effect pro players have on tier lists, which in turn effects nerfs and buffs. Specifically sonic and his overexagerations.

Red hood was never god tier. I have time to argue.

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
I think he's top 5 and possibly top 3. To my knowledge he only loses 2 match ups, Doctor Fate and Catwoman. I think that fact alone makes him extremely good as he seems to beat 80% of the cast

I think he's top 5 and possibly top 3. To my knowledge he only loses 2 match ups, Doctor Fate and Catwoman. I think that fact alone makes him extremely good as he seems to beat 80% of the cast
where did you get the notion he loses to catwoman?

Neeko

Noob
I personally think he's even with fate. He loses to flash tho. And has a general hard time against anyone who does big damage because his damage is so low in comparison. Also yeah the fact almost all his buttons are highs and his d1 is trash keep him out of top 5 for sure.

Once she's up close he can really do much, she low profiles pretty much everything, his fastest buttons are all highs and his D1 is absolutely shit
his headbutt with meter is a good safe option, which wil punish her back dash, you have standing 3, 22 which are both mids, your b2 will punish her backdash, redhood as good escapabilty as well, and catwoman doesn't have a real mixup. as far as her getting in she doesn't have a safe way to get in, it's always felt pretty even to me even possibly redhoods favor.

I personally think he's even with fate. He loses to flash tho. And has a general hard time against anyone who does big damage because his damage is so low in comparison. Also yeah the fact almost all his buttons are highs and his d1 is trash keep him out of top 5 for sure.
definetly feel fate and starfire are challenging.

Neeko

Noob
his headbutt with meter is a good safe option, which wil punish her back dash, you have standing 3, 22 which are both mids, your b2 will punish her backdash, redhood as good escapabilty as well, and catwoman doesn't have a real mixup. as far as her getting in she doesn't have a safe way to get in, it's always felt pretty even to me even possibly redhoods favor.
Lol none of those are real mids against catwoman. Not even his d1. She pretty much just bypasses most his zoning really quickly with her walk speed and once she's in her range you're pretty much at her mercy. Her j2 is a pretty safe way in if you ask me lol better than what most characters have. Definitely in catwomans favor.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
CW has the fastest walkspeed in the game and grossly outproportions his damage. Any right read is only picking away at her life and she has meterless hitconfirmable strings that lead into damage. Both standing 3 and 22 will whiff under b3 as does his d1. He has to play that mu lamely and even then one wrong move shifts the momentum drastically. The only thing she can't avoid is lunge and that's one positive in the many negatives in the mu.

Even SF says its a bad mu and he upplays this character to the moon.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah Top 10 not 5

Manta is not better.
It's ironic since RH was judged by Sonic Fox now people say Manta is better, why?
Because Sonic Fox?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I'm not seeing Catwoman, Supergirl, Manta, Black Adam or Red Hood as problems even if they are in the top 5. They are just good characters that play the game of Injustice well with small weaknesses if any. A top player using a top 20 character will still probably beat an average or even above average player using these characters cause they play the game smarter and more optimal.

Batman, Darkseid, and Hellboy play the fundamentals of the game pretty well and also have strong meta-breakers outside of the game which can be overwhelming and you just roll your eyes at how silly shit can get. These are the characters that are the most stressful to play from what I can tell and seem unfair.

I've been able to live with what Batman and Darkseid can do. Hellboy though is fucking wild lol.

Firestorm gets an honorable mention for being able to play the game pretty well and have a pretty undomesticated vortex game.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
you lost me at the darkseid comment, also what exactly is crazy about hellboy? the fact that he has a shitton of fake outs? other than that i don't see what.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I'm not seeing Catwoman, Supergirl, Manta, Black Adam or Red Hood as problems even if they are in the top 5. They are just good characters that play the game of Injustice well with small weaknesses if any. A top player using a top 20 character will still probably beat an average or even above average player using these characters cause they play the game smarter and more optimal.

Batman, Darkseid, and Hellboy play the fundamentals of the game pretty well and also have strong meta-breakers outside of the game which can be overwhelming and you just roll your eyes at how silly shit can get. These are the characters that are the most stressful to play from what I can tell and seem unfair.

I've been able to live with what Batman and Darkseid can do. Hellboy though is fucking wild lol.

Firestorm gets an honorable mention for being able to play the game pretty well and have a pretty undomesticated vortex game.
While I agree that bladam,manta, and redhood dont really break the game and play the neutral well, cw and sg do break the game lol. Cw has some of the wackiest shit in this game, doesnt let the opponent play the game at all and has everything ranging from busted staggers and mix, to jump ins and retarded lowprofiling, thats really wacky. Supergirl just does whatver she wants and has literally no weakness, she has a lowprofiling busted d1. The main issue with cw and supergirl isnt that they are just good at everything, its that they are so much better than everyother character at basically everything, theres no problem with having good neutral like manta, but when you have a have screen safe lowprofiling armored launcher that leaves u like plus a million on hit, and dumb shit like that, then its a problem. Batman and Darkseid have a lot of weaknesses especially darkseid, having an air low is good but really its like blocking any mix as long as you understand that its a low and get it out of ur mind that its a supposed to be an overhead jump in darkseid doesnt really break the game and has lackluster neutral. Batman is just pressure and imo doesnt even have the best pressure in the game. Hellboy i agree is a meme and is playing another game lol.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
While I agree that bladam,manta, and redhood dont really break the game and play the neutral well, cw and sg do break the game lol. Cw has some of the wackiest shit in this game, doesnt let the opponent play the game at all and has everything ranging from busted staggers and mix, to jump ins and (soap bar in my mouth) lowprofiling, thats really wacky. Supergirl just does whatver she wants and has literally no weakness, she has a lowprofiling busted d1. The main issue with cw and supergirl isnt that they are just good at everything, its that they are so much better than everyother character at basically everything, theres no problem with having good neutral like manta, but when you have a have screen safe lowprofiling armored launcher that leaves u like plus a million on hit, and dumb shit like that, then its a problem. Batman and Darkseid have a lot of weaknesses especially darkseid, having an air low is good but really its like blocking any mix as long as you understand that its a low and get it out of ur mind that its a supposed to be an overhead jump in darkseid doesnt really break the game and has lackluster neutral. Batman is just pressure and imo doesnt even have the best pressure in the game. Hellboy i agree is a meme and is playing another game lol.

Lol true. I guess my perspective is CW's b3's isn't that much different from Injustice 1 and I'm used to it playing 16 Bit so much. Her b3 didn't grant advantage but it was still a gamble to try and attack her after regardless which is no different than now. It was always best to bait it with spacing or jump back and whiff punish with d1~special.

I think her backdash recovery is too good for how evasive it is after the initial invincibility and having 2 or 3 strings that grant meterless b3's goes against the the rules that most characters have to burn meter to get b3's. Only other examples I can think of off-hand is Harley's Tantrum 1 into b3 which I can live with and Batman's 223 which is just another reason Batman is silly lol.

I'm not sure what Batman's weakness is, I just think it's fine Batman being OP because it's Batman. I agree with you on Darkseid and yea wtf is up with Hellboy lulz.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Lol true. I guess my perspective is CW's b3's isn't that much different from Injustice 1 and I'm used to it playing 16 Bit so much. Her b3 didn't grant advantage but it was still a gamble to try and attack her after regardless which is no different than now. It was always best to bait it with spacing or jump back and whiff punish with d1~special.

I think her backdash recovery is too good for how evasive it is after the initial invincibility and having 2 or 3 strings that grant meterless b3's goes against the the rules that most characters have to burn meter to get b3's. Only other examples I can think of off-hand is Harley's Tantrum 1 into b3 which I can live with and Batman's 223 which is just another reason Batman is silly lol.

I'm not sure what Batman's weakness is, I just think it's fine Batman being OP because it's Batman. I agree with you on Darkseid and yea wtf is up with Hellboy lulz.
batmans weakness? he has stubby range for the most part, can be out neutral'd and zoned. characters already been nerfed enuff imo, doesnt need anymore.

Neeko

Noob
He is top 5 without question.
I just questioned haha
Red Hood probably wasn't top 5 imo. He has a lot of tools but there's nothing really broken about him. He's also got a few weaknesses such as having bad wakeups and low damage.

People are quick to say that a character is top just by looking at the amount of tools they have or if that character has few to no losing match-ups, but you also have to take into consideration winning match-ups. How many match-ups does Red Hood actually win if everything he does is average? I personally think that Batman, Catwoman, Fate, Firestorm, Hellboy, Supergirl, and Black Adam are all better than Red Hood.
I always had him top 10 but never even thought about top 5 before the community randomly decided he was the best character in game lol I never understood why he got so much hate but fate batman
While I agree that bladam,manta, and redhood dont really break the game and play the neutral well, cw and sg do break the game lol. Cw has some of the wackiest shit in this game, doesnt let the opponent play the game at all and has everything ranging from busted staggers and mix, to jump ins and (soap bar in my mouth) lowprofiling, thats really wacky. Supergirl just does whatver she wants and has literally no weakness, she has a lowprofiling busted d1. The main issue with cw and supergirl isnt that they are just good at everything, its that they are so much better than everyother character at basically everything, theres no problem with having good neutral like manta, but when you have a have screen safe lowprofiling armored launcher that leaves u like plus a million on hit, and dumb shit like that, then its a problem. Batman and Darkseid have a lot of weaknesses especially darkseid, having an air low is good but really its like blocking any mix as long as you understand that its a low and get it out of ur mind that its a supposed to be an overhead jump in darkseid doesnt really break the game and has lackluster neutral. Batman is just pressure and imo doesnt even have the best pressure in the game. Hellboy i agree is a meme and is playing another game lol.
completely agree with this. I've always said even if hood doesn't have too many losing match ups(he does have a few anyway) how many does he definitely win?? Catwoman and supergirl have plenty of those which is why hood being considered best in game by some at one point is just ridiculous. red hood is a jack of all trades, master of none. Supergirl and catwoman are just busted. Anyone who thinks hood is on the same level as either of these characters needs to definitely take a couple hours to learn the characters and go play some matches. You could probably have more success playing a 2 hour supergirl than a week old hood. But that brings into account ease of use which is a whooole other topic lol