What's new

Red hoods place in the tier list

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
def doesnt lose to cw and he def loses to supergirl. I feel adam beats him tho but not by much
black adam def doesnt lose to him
I monitor his subforum and lab his mus. He doesn't lose to Adam nor does Adam lose to him, it's an even mu.

Supergirl is not a bad mu, again it's 5-5. And CW is Red Hood's worst mu, definitely.

Jinxx

9 Lives
I monitor his subforum and lab his mus. He doesn't lose to Adam nor does Adam lose to him, it's an even mu.

Supergirl is not a bad mu, again it's 5-5. And CW is Red Hood's worst mu, definitely.
Im telling you cw does not beat red hood. we zone her out and build some meter while doing it, of course not for long because of her walkspeed. We low pro her j2 with our b3 and reacting to her j2 with it is pretty easy. mine keeps the neutral even and on knockdown both have to respect each other. This easily a 5-5

Crusty

Im telling you cw does not beat red hood. we zone her out and build some meter while doing it, of course not for long because of her walkspeed. We low pro her j2 with our b3 and reacting to her j2 with it is pretty easy. mine keeps the neutral even and on knockdown both have to respect each other. This easily a 5-5
I'm telling you that what your saying is not the case.

CW grossly outproportions Red Hood in terms of damage. And she can just keep him down in the corner where his weak wakeups don't help him. She low profiles like all him buttons. Lunge and b3 are two redeeming qualities but CW can just choose to not jump and lunge is not safe without meter.

Any right read on her takes only bits of her life and any right read for her she takes half of his. One wrong move changes the momentum drastically and she has safe hitcobfirmable meterless launchers

Jinxx

9 Lives
I'm telling you that what your saying is not the case.

CW grossly outproportions Red Hood in terms of damage. And she can just keep him down in the corner where his weak wakeups don't help him. She low profiles like all him buttons. Lunge and b3 are two redeeming qualities but CW can just choose to not jump and lunge is not safe without meter.

Any right read on her takes only bits of her life and any right read for her she takes half of his. One wrong move changes the momentum drastically and she has safe hitcobfirmable meterless launchers
low pro's all his buttons huhh??? confused. like I said, im still seeing it as a dead even mu. I main ivy and use red hood as an occasional pocket and never have trouble in that mu

Crusty

low pro's all his buttons huhh??? confused. like I said, im still seeing it as a dead even mu. I main ivy and use red hood as an occasional pocket and never have trouble in that mu
I mained him since launch and I’m telling you it’s a bad mu. The cw players you’re playing don’t know the mu if they’re jumping.

Jinxx

9 Lives
I mained him since launch and I’m telling you it’s a bad mu. The cw players you’re playing don’t know the mu if they’re jumping.
could be the case, but im seeing it as 5-5 until someone proves me wrong

Neeko

Noob
Catwoman wins the mu. She pretty much neutralizes his zoning with her walk speed, her jump ins from full screen, and cat dash. Our b3 can low profile her jump in? She literally low profiles everything we have except b2 with her b3, even our d1, it's lovely. If we ever jump at cw it's a free punish. Approaching her is scary because of b3 and all her other footsie tools. We have to make tons of tough reads to get any damage and are on the defensive the whole match. As someone who's mained hood since he's launched If youre losing to hood as catwoman it's because you were outplayed. Not because he had the advantage. It's 6-4 cw

Jinxx

9 Lives
Catwoman wins the mu. She pretty much neutralizes his zoning with her walk speed, her jump ins from full screen, and cat dash. Our b3 can low profile her jump in? She literally low profiles everything we have except b2 with her b3, even our d1, it's lovely. If we ever jump at cw it's a free punish. Approaching her is scary because of b3 and all her other footsie tools. We have to make tons of tough reads to get any damage and are on the defensive the whole match. As someone who's mained hood since he's launched If youre losing to hood as catwoman it's because you were outplayed. Not because he had the advantage. It's 6-4 cw
yeah our b3 low profiles her j2 and our b2 catches her backdash

Jinxx

9 Lives
Hellboy outfootsies a lot of characters with a safe hit-confirmable mid into high damage and leads into pressure. You can't zone him because of gunshot and leap so you have to fight him up close which is where he also excels at. Everytime Hellboy touches you and leaps you're in the blender, having to guess between overhead/low/cross-up/non cross-up/cancel. Anti-airing him isn't as easy as people say and is super risky because he can dash cancel out of leap at any point or cancel into a mid leap and whiff punish your d2. Then he's also got an armored trait that keeps him safe and allows him to do whatever he wants. Probably has the best anti-air in the game, one of the best B3s, a great wake-up attack, launching command grab, meter build, etc.

IMO Hellboy doesn't seem to have any weakness and seems to do everything very well. He can be just as silly as Supergirl and Catwoman, maybe even sillier.

I feel like Batman has always been underrated. No one was talking about how good he was before E-League and his nerfs didn't really affect him that much. He's still got a plus on block 50/50 vortex that leads into high damage or another 50/50. His 223 is a safe hit-confirmable meterless launcher into B3 which breaks the rule of having to spend a resource to launch, but in Batman's case he's spending his resource on MB Grapple to vortex you.

Batman's trait literally does everything in the game, and all you need is 1 bat. It's a neutral killer, it anti-airs, it punishes forward dash, allows you to convert off everything into a vortex, gives you safe launching 50/50s, lets you safely stop walk back and combo with Slide, sets up his j2 50/50, allows you to get in for free, gives you a safe MB Roll out of the corner, punishes moves that are -2 on block, blows up gaps, stops your opponent from pressuring you, makes it always his turn during pressure and he can release bat at any time and go into +7 or more on block. With 2 or more bats, he armor breaks and has a real 50/50 with F3 or F3 cancel MB Roll.

I'm not sure who Batman loses to, but he probably destroys a lot of characters who don't have an answer for trait. I think his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses, if he has any.
waiting on the adjustments to this dumb character

Jinxx

9 Lives
Lunge does 5 percent on chip for a bar and if u dont space it you get punished, and it does 14 percent on hit for a bar as well,his damage got nerfed hard and he was already not doing that much damage, his wakeups are meh. The character is top 10 but again he is no where near as oppresive or as busted as, bladam,catwoman,sg,fate,manta, hellboy,superman,firestorm, and potentially a few others, Prepatch he was top 5 free but he got serious nerfs now lol.
agree, if those character listed get adjusted this game will be so balanced

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I don't think RH is top 5, probs top 10 though. People seem to forget that lunge is nearly useless without meter, and it's not like he gets mad damage or setup off it, he just gets like a few percent of damage if it hits, more if he has meter. I reckon it deserved it's nerfs, prepatch lunge was kinda aids since it just did so much chip with meter and has really good pushback. His zoning is good but it's not like he's just memeing on everyone like release deadshot. Mine is good in neutral but it's not like you get to throw it out for free unless you're in some specific matchups like canary without cry etc.

Black Adam, Catwoman, Supergirl, Hellboy, Fate and such exist. They're characters with really strong neutrals. RH has a shit load of highs and his best advancing move is B2, which can't be confirmed into a full combo like other mentioned characters can with their tools.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
I think Red Hood is in line with the rest of the cast, which is all pretty balanced for the most part. Every tier list gets misconstrued so we have like 30 different characters in the cast being placed in top 10 at all times. Which is a good sign. Red Hood is, and isn’t in the top tier at the same time. :)

Cursa

I think Red Hood is in line with the rest of the cast, which is all pretty balanced for the most part. Every tier list gets misconstrued so we have like 30 different characters in the cast being placed in top 10 at all times. Which is a good sign. Red Hood is, and isn’t in the top tier at the same time. :)
Stop. You're giving my noggin a throbbin.

Cursa

In all seriousness though, this is pretty accurate for a good amount of characters in the game. Some people put them in top 10 and others don't, and usually it could be one or the other for the most part.

Hellboy outfootsies a lot of characters with a safe hit-confirmable mid into high damage and leads into pressure. You can't zone him because of gunshot and leap so you have to fight him up close which is where he also excels at. Everytime Hellboy touches you and leaps you're in the blender, having to guess between overhead/low/cross-up/non cross-up/cancel. Anti-airing him isn't as easy as people say and is super risky because he can dash cancel out of leap at any point or cancel into a mid leap and whiff punish your d2. Then he's also got an armored trait that keeps him safe and allows him to do whatever he wants. Probably has the best anti-air in the game, one of the best B3s, a great wake-up attack, launching command grab, meter build, etc.

IMO Hellboy doesn't seem to have any weakness and seems to do everything very well. He can be just as silly as Supergirl and Catwoman, maybe even sillier.

I feel like Batman has always been underrated. No one was talking about how good he was before E-League and his nerfs didn't really affect him that much. He's still got a plus on block 50/50 vortex that leads into high damage or another 50/50. His 223 is a safe hit-confirmable meterless launcher into B3 which breaks the rule of having to spend a resource to launch, but in Batman's case he's spending his resource on MB Grapple to vortex you.

Batman's trait literally does everything in the game, and all you need is 1 bat. It's a neutral killer, it anti-airs, it punishes forward dash, allows you to convert off everything into a vortex, gives you safe launching 50/50s, lets you safely stop walk back and combo with Slide, sets up his j2 50/50, allows you to get in for free, gives you a safe MB Roll out of the corner, punishes moves that are -2 on block, blows up gaps, stops your opponent from pressuring you, makes it always his turn during pressure and he can release bat at any time and go into +7 or more on block. With 2 or more bats, he armor breaks and has a real 50/50 with F3 or F3 cancel MB Roll.

I'm not sure who Batman loses to, but he probably destroys a lot of characters who don't have an answer for trait. I think his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses, if he has any.
Hellboy gets fucked up BAD by any pressure character like Flash or Crow. His d1 is reaaally mediocre and he can’t get anything off it other than charge. S2 jails on hit, but whiffing issues (which are prob his biggest weakness/annoyance) make the 2nd hit of the string whiff 95% of the time.

Other than that though, yeah he’s pretty insane. Pretty much guaranteed Top 10, if some nerfs to other Top Tiers come, definite Top 5 material.