What's new

Recommend me a game by posting a song from its soundtrack

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I didn't catch the New Vegas hype because I was an unfortunate victim of some nasty early bugs on Xbox the killed my file and I ended up low on the game but it's cool how it seems to have such a cult following almost. Cool oldie, glad these talented boomer artists are getting some royalties because of Bethesda

Still waiting to pull the trigger on Cyberpunk, got kinda scared away by the release woes. I got the PC that can play the games though, worth the pull besides for the the music?

People always hyping KI OST, can't blame them. Like the "egegegegegeheheheheheh" call back to the 90's ost. I don't know if I'll ever click with the combo madness of KI but I always find myself coming back for the music

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I didn't catch the New Vegas hype because I was an unfortunate victim of some nasty early bugs on Xbox the killed my file and I ended up low on the game but it's cool how it seems to have such a cult following almost. Cool oldie, glad these talented boomer artists are getting some royalties because of Bethesda

Still waiting to pull the trigger on Cyberpunk, got kinda scared away by the release woes. I got the PC that can play the games though, worth the pull besides for the the music?

People always hyping KI OST, can't blame them. Like the "egegegegegeheheheheheh" call back to the 90's ost. I don't know if I'll ever click with the combo madness of KI but I always find myself coming back for the music
I for one got a lot of play out of Cyberpunk. I think I did all the endings at least once, and 2 full playthroughs back to back and in my case spent a lot of time with the photo mode which won't be everyone's jam.

When the game first spins up and I heard "Good Morning Night City!" I was pretty sure I was in for the ride. I may have helped that I hadn't really played much of anything it was taking gameplay inspirations from, but it not a full price game anymore and has had lots of fixes to those bugs along the way so I think it's worth considering if there is interest. I personally plan on playing through again one day when raytracing at high FPS in the game doesn't require such steep card and power cost overheads.

The use of sound and music did a lot for me atmosphere wise. Probably my favorite all around track

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I played Cyperpunk Day 1 (I pre-ordered it a year in advance), I never had a serious issue except some crashes & bugs here & there but I actually love the game, the quality of all the content & the depth is incredible & Night City is probably my favourite place to explore in any open world game. It’s a lot better when you play as a female as the female voice actress is so much better than the male voice actor (along with other things).

The only issue I have (besides the bugs, crashes & glitches) is the quantity of content (you can 100% it in 4 days, 3 if you know what you’re doing). It really needs DLC & it’s a travesty that there hasn’t been any yet. Also I hate the endings except for one which is situational but they still pull some Mass Effect 3 type of bullshit regardless.

The best way to think of Cyberpunk is Deus Ex mixed The Witcher.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
For puzzle lovers:

For platformer lovers:

To this day still have a lot of tracks from these OSTs on my playlist. Even detached from their games, they're just great music.

Marinjuana

Couple of my favorite tracks from my favorite games. I would post some MGR stuff, but that's been memed to death.

What was the first song before it got fatal'd?

Chaos was dope! Epic synths, I hope it went with a cool boss battle. I never played the SMT series but I did go through Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and that game had great music too

Hype up your favorite game music or favorite game by posting a track! Drop those beats, put on those grooves, let those vibes ride, jam out, post a phat track, let me hear the bee's knees!

I'll start, I just finished Axiom Verge 2 and while I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first, I just have to respect the vision the developer had for this series. Made all the music, art and gameplay himself and meshes so well

Thank you to all the posters who made a music post in my status update a while back
Sure! One of the popular songs from the Grand Theft Auto V soundtrack is "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen. It's an energetic and iconic song that perfectly captures the spirit of the game. Webteknohaber GTA 5 is an open-world action-adventure game with a compelling story, immersive gameplay, and a vast virtual world to explore. It offers a blend of intense missions, thrilling heists, and a sandbox environment where you can freely roam and cause mayhem. Give it a try if you enjoy immersive storytelling, action-packed gameplay, and an impressive soundtrack!

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Still great! And free!

Play the remake! The only thing that's better about the original is the ost.

Probably the best writing ever in a video game.

"An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your third wish. What will it be?'"

"'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'"

"'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'"

"'All right,' said the man, "I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to know who I am.'"

"'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'"

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
Sure thing, have a listen :
Favourite track from my favourite game in the series. The remake OST is arguably just as good, but you'd be hard pressed to find the music pieces from that one separately. For some reason, there are only 3-4 hour-long compilations of the whole OST on YT.

Still to this day one of the greatest battle themes in a RPG. What do you mean i'm feeling nostalgic ?!

Remember when Capcom used to make an arranged version of the soundtrack for every single Mega Man game (barring the PS1 entries, since they already have CD quality music) ? I remember.

It's a capital offense that this piece only plays once and never again at the tail end of the game (not specifying in case.... you know). Then again, even in its worst moments (like Dead Souls) this series' music always stays strong.

And as far as our lord and savior fighting games genre goes - hey, it's one of my SNK childhood fighters, i play it online still to this day on GGPO (or FightCade as it's called now) and i have my main from it on my avatar picture. The writing is, quite literally, on the wall.

Marinjuana

Most underrated theme in Infinite, love this one.

Best video game theme ever
Looks like time had it's way with the first two tracks, but I'm a big fan of Halo Infinite. I tried to google the video and "Endless" came up. Was that the underrated theme? It is good. And I guess the second video was a KI track?

I got AC one and didn't care for it and that was it for me, so I have no attachment or nostalgia really for it, and I still really dug the Jesper Kyd track. Thanks for sharing