What's new

Really Sad everyone is Doomsaying MK11

Wigy

There it is...
Man I wish folks would stop with that bill that if you don't like injustice you hate footsies.

Games ass and mk9 had better footsies. Injustice footsies are 90% walking away and zoning if your zoning beats theirs.

It's obviously too early to call it but if NRS go the way of injustice again the community is guna die, that game is so dull it's beyond belief.

Edit/

This is all complete conjecture the game looks good from what I've seen

Last edited:
I think when they first talked about it they said they were “toned down” which I took as they just wouldn’t happen as often, not that they couldn’t be big.

Basically I think they meant there won’t really be any meterless combos in this game. Probably slightly shortened length considering some mkx characters had insanely long combos.
there were meterless juggles. scarlett could repeat the same string 3 times for ~30%

I feel people get defensive when things change. To me personally tho i feel they had this fun aggresive and fast gameplay going on MK9 and MKX, i feel there was room for improvement in this type of gameplay (all the 50/50, the run rush downs, way to many armored launchers, etc) and it's feels weird they went to a way different direction this time around, more grounded, tecnical and slower kind of play.

I get why people don't like it, to some extent i don't either but if MK has show us is they aren't afraid of changing thing around from the early games to the "PS2 era" games to the more recent entries. We had lose so much fun titles if they weren't willing to change stuff around like they aer doing now. I hope the game it's actually fun to play on lower and high skills levels. of play

Man I wish folks would stop with that bill that if you don't like injustice you hate footsies.

Games ass and mk9 had better footsies. Injustice footsies are 90% walking away and zoning if your zoning beats theirs.

It's obviously too early to call it but if NRS go the way of injustice again the community is guna die, that game is so dull it's beyond belief.
I liked how MK was this agressive and fast gameplay and Injustice was the slower and "zonier" game, they had their strong points and weaknesses, they were unique in their own right. Now seems that they want to borrow too many things from Injustice that it doesn't feel like MK anymore or at least not the MK we saw on MK9 and MKX.

All in all i'm open to change my mind and i hope this game does it once it cames out, i'll have to wait and see how it goes.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
Nerds would complain about the sky being blue if someone would listen. They get so nervous/paranoid they won't be able to enjoy this game that they ruin it for themselves.

I saw some dude on here yesterday, saying he didn;t enjoy ANYTHING he saw and was extremely disappointed, but was still going to get the game anyways. Huh? Just don't fucking get it at that point lol

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I still come across players that struggle against Full Auto's machine gun. At this point, you just have to accept that some people will call anything broken or 'scrubby' if it doesn't hand them a free win. I'll have my fun with the game, and that's all I'm concerned with right now.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Seriously. Who gives a fuck about what max says. He caters to his fan base and it's his job to shill to his benifets. People will still pick up the game and play.

Everyone needs to relax and wait for the beta so we all can be more informed and make better judgements.

Not me tho. I love what I've seen so far.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think the complaints are valid coming from people that actually played the game (Max and others), but we should take it with a grain of salt until the beta is out and the stream of feedback reach us. Having said that, I think the lack of run is not the problem but that the zoning feels like taken from Injustice.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Ive been on the mk scene ever since MKvsDC and im telling you every year you can go back and find my post: ITS THE SAME SHIT. Every NRS game that comes out gets left out to die not because the game sucks, its bcause scrubs refuse to adapt to a game actually becoming a BETTER fighting game.

MK11 hands down is the worst though by far, because this game im telling you will expose everybody who sucks at fighters. No more can people say that the games have no neutral or spacing.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Btw, is it me or they get rid of advancing normals? That would be very welcome, I didn't mind the run mechanic but the advancing normals... I hate them with a passion.

Btw, is it me or they get rid of advancing normals? That would be very welcome, I didn't mind the run mechanic but the advancing normals... I hate them with a passion.
Just you I think?

Scorpion has some forward slash into low kick. Geras has something like Kano's f4. Sonya has something with a forward elbow.

I'm not sure advancing normals are at all bad though. At least not advancing normal's into free plus frames or 50/50s (which they'vestated to have toned down considerably). If anything it'd be worse if they DIDN't advance and left you at a sage distance to ignore - frames like Takeda's BS

slamtown

Police Brutality
Somebody needs to say the truth to NRS! It's the roster that kills it for me. If the roster had been good, I wouldn't have said anything about the gameplay. But it's the same MKX characters+ a few ones from MK9.

We just played as these in the last 2 games. We haven't played as Fujin, Havik, Sareena, Ashrah or Reiko in years, give us these!!

NRS says they listened to the community. Listened to the community my ass. Community repeatedly said they should get rid of the variations and have more characters in the game. And they come with this 25 character roster. What did they listen to??
They do listen to the community and they know most people look at the 3D games with sheer disgust. They shy away from those characters because the truth is your kinda a minority when it comes to that. There is a reason alot of people call the 3D era the "Dark Age".

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
I just think zoning always looks more powerful/effective than it actually is in a game’s early life because the fundamentals are the same across all games, more or less.

Like, if you can control space with Ryu in SF, all you need is to find your space control normals and abilities and get to it. Not saying zoning is easier than other play styles, just that the floor is lower so people tend to “get there” with those strategies first.

trufenix

bye felicia
what's that even mean, man
It means everybody whose bitching about a face or costume or walk speed or mid projectile being the death of the game they haven't played or probably even seen at 60fps yet today was hyped out of their fucking minds on thursday morning.

It means everybody whose bitching about a face or costume or walk speed or mid projectile being the death of the game they haven't played or probably even seen at 60fps yet today was hyped out of their fucking minds on thursday morning.
What about the fans that liked MK9 and MKX? we liked the identity of the game and how it was panning out, it wasn't perfect but at the end it was what made MK relevant again. Now they want to move away from that fast paced gameplay to this new direction, i feel there was room to improve in the old gameplay and it could been even better.

Anyways things change and we need to roll with it but we have to speak out what we liked and what we don't imho. I hope it turns out pretty fun tho don't get me wrong, i want the best for this franchise but it's hard to like everything when we actually don't agree in some stuff.

trufenix

bye felicia
What about the fans that liked MK9 and MKX.
You didn't start off loving those games either. You bought it, you played it, you learned to love it. Nobody started off playing those games as effectively as they ended.

Forming an educated opinion, making observations, etc, are very beneficial to the community and the meta. We all do that.

Super hot takes about "doom" and saying mechanics nobodys explored or even seen in a competent match are useless or vice versa already ruining the game is of no use to anyone.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
At least not advancing normal's into free plus frames or 50/50s ... If anything it'd be worse if they DIDN't advance and left you at a sage distance to ignore - frames...
Ah, yes, that's what I'm refering to, Advancing normals into combos and 50/50s. Well, I would prefer no advancing normals at all, but if they keep halfscreen hits then I guess I would accept them.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I want neutral, but about 20% faster paced, without projectiles being so central to the game as I2 because, yes, that greatly attributed to the rapid decline of people watching and playing that game. Don't delude yourself into thinking that it didn't.

How or why is this somehow controversial?

You didn't start off loving those games either.
You're right, i didn't love em' immediatly but i liked a lot what i saw before their releases. I can form an opinion from watching something and researching from different sources that had a hands on experience with the game. My opinion might not be valid for many but at the end is only that, my opinion.