What's new

Really Sad everyone is Doomsaying MK11

lol, the game doesn't even come out and people are already whining about ? lol, go fuck yourself and cry me a river who are complaning without even playing 5 minutes of the final version of the game .... haha .... what next ? someone will ask for buff and nerfs already ? will make tiers lists of the seven characters showed yesterday ? give me a break ! MK 11 will be footsie based game, and will not have those absurd 100% health bar combos, 50/50 crap fest, and those stupid run gameplay of MKX .... get used to it or just GTFO ! Let's wait for the final version of the game in April 23th , play during 2 or 3 months straight, wait for the EVO and so, we can start judging the game for its qualities and defects, please ? :D :confused:

completely agree .... I have seen a nice fat mortal kombat with a lot of innovation, I do not understand the problem ... they have 3 months to test the game, this is definitely good

Good, the less Max we have in this community, the better. I played it, it's way more like MK9 than Injustice. Roster aside, its gonna be great.

Of course Max didnt play either so what would he know.

Zoning always dominates the early meta but Sub Zero rushed me the fuck down in the right hands
I think he played at the event for a while. Not that it really matters since a few hours isn't enough time anyway.

Am I the only one who thought the matches ketchup and Mustard played were way different than the U.S. games? More combo heavy, less zoning, more In your face kinda style?
I think they had more time to practice. The full game still won't look like any of yesterdays matches

I'm rewatching a lot of the footage on YouTube right now and yeah, the amount of r/Kappa level shit posting about zoning and animations is (soap bar in my mouth). Like, I'm not loving the look of the movement and new meter system right now myself, but I'm open to at least hear more about the game as a whole. We saw people playing who literally had less than an afternoon to practice... Why is so much of the gaming community unable to use critical thinking, but will very willing to bandwagon, circlejerk, be negative, and try to shut down any hype after a first look? Not just as a fan of fighting games, but as a fan of the entire medium, I'm sick of seeing this dumb shit.

I wish this was a exclusive to games, well actually, no I don't but at least if it was I could escape it.

See it with everything, back when Kong: Skull Island was coming out people were saying "really? Another remake?" Cept it wasn't, it was an original story, King Kong is kaiju size, he doesn't leave Skull Island, bullets just pissed him off and *GASP!* he lives!

TLDR: People can and will bitch about everything with an unfinished product. Not against criticizem, but it's clear a lot of people just do it to be attention hogs.

Also random fake Kong game because I'm a weirdo, whatever.

xiskza

Underworld
We live in a Max/Kappa circlejerk world. There are things I dont care about from what I've seen, but these idiots pollute every thread and video I've seen so far.

Its like if its not Tekken7/DBFZ where they all turn a blind eye to those games' many flaws, then its time to shittalk about the other games. It seems SFV and NRS games are the target. With SFV its been 4 years and people are still trashtalking, hope the same wont happen to MK11.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Here's the thing, that's the problem with the gaming world these days.

If you're hanging on everything a streamer or youtuber is saying about games and letting that determine your outlook on games, I'm sorry but, you shouldn't get a say on the game.

Idk who's shitting on it, but it's probably MKX scrubs who can't open people up with actual footsies.

I happen to think the game looks amazing.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Max also said the walk speed was really slow, which is not the case. Also, Max and his annoying friends didn't say the game was bad at all - it seems like they were blown away with how cool it was.

Either way, even though some of these streamers have huge followings, it's not going to make a damn difference. This is why I watched REO's stream of the event. Shit, it was damn near midnight and REO was still watching the re-stream. He loves the game and actually knows what he's talking about, unlike Max, who is just a casual player who happens to have a ton of followers.

More kommunity kontent guiding new players to deal with the meta rather than komplain about it. Channels like K&M, Rooflemonger/Evil Canadian, Shujinkydink, etc go way further towards shaping a healthy kommunity than you'd think.

I love Max but he's just not great at NRS games. I get people can understandably not like zoning, but Max isn't even coming from a place where he's in any way learned to properly deal with zoning first before coming to that opinion. In his Injustice videos he would full screen jump constantly and never bother to take free dash-ins when he got them. "This is just the way the game plays"- dude, no it's not.

Quality over quantity IMO.

I'm fine with a roster of this size.
The variations seem to bring a lot to the table.

People expecting a roster like MK Trilogy but forget how hard it is to balance characters around a huge roster.
You do realize that they have to balance 25 Kharacters x 3 which is way more work.

The general consensus hoped for 30 Kharacters.

Most of the polls showed people picked one variation and stuck with it

Am I the only one who thought the matches ketchup and Mustard played were way different than the U.S. games? More combo heavy, less zoning, more In your face kinda style?
Derick said that they played all day the day before. They were playing to show off the game. Not to win a tournament.

portent

Noob
How is this different than any other FG that comes out though? All zoners are immediately labeled as spammers, and impossible to beat and need normalization. Then it happens and the characters are garbage.

People need to sit down, shut up, let the game evolve and see how tournament players (and not 9yr old online kids who can't think critically about their own playstyle) adapt to zoning.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
16bit said that too, but i didnt see anything of it on screen. even day 1 2hr lab combos did 30% +

might be a wrong pre-release assessment by 16bit, which also happened before mk11 and i2
I think when they first talked about it they said they were “toned down” which I took as they just wouldn’t happen as often, not that they couldn’t be big.

Basically I think they meant there won’t really be any meterless combos in this game. Probably slightly shortened length considering some mkx characters had insanely long combos.