What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
f3 works offline too >__> its not amazing but alot of people just block low against Raven coz all she has is lows and crouching avoids shadow ravens, using it every now and then catches people off guard, you can also mix it up with dash cancelling it then throw/b1/MB f3 etc.
Plus her f3 is not bad at all, hell i use it just for its range tbh. it has more range than most of Raven's normals and it hits jumpers on the way up.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
So at this point I don't feel like doomsday is Ravens worst mu. She can still do a little of her zoning game. I think flash is worse (maybe not worst not sure who yet but maybe him) because Raven can't do what she wants pretty much ever. Soul crush gets punish, demon stance is nearly useless and shadow Raven doesn't keep him out for long. He also take 50%+ when he touches you once so even if you get a life lead it doesn't matter.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So at this point I don't feel like doomsday is Ravens worst mu. She can still do a little of her zoning game. I think flash is worse (maybe not worst not sure who yet but maybe him) because Raven can't do what she wants pretty much ever. Soul crush gets punish, demon stance is nearly useless and shadow Raven doesn't keep him out for long. He also take 50%+ when he touches you once so even if you get a life lead it doesn't matter.
I agree with those being her worst, along with Grundy imo. That dude is just brutal for Raven especially coz we cant do shit on wakeup..

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I don't think grundys that bad.
What exactly are you doing to give Grundy trouble?
WCC are a nightmare for me and if he gets a grab he can chill fullscreen taking no chip and you'll have to go to him. Plus he can swamp hands our zoning with its armor and he'll get a knockdown or a fullcombo depending on the distance.

Sami

Noob
Going by the frame data (and this is assuming Grundy has no additional frames for WCC) he has a 10-frame window to cancel and get D2 out once Raven's B2 hits his armour. 18 frames of start-up on the 3 in B23, and Grundy's D2 is 8 frames. So 10 frames including waiting for B2 to hit armour, inputting the cancel, inputting D2 and then an 8 frame wait. This is also assuming that there's enough time left on WC's animation to input WCC (i.e. he hasn't actually started the grab yet), as B23 punishes the end of WC as she becomes throw-immune for the 3.

And if he fails then he gets put fullscreen, the one place where he really doesn't want to be. So yes, he can WCC in between the hits on B23, but I doubt he will ever want to risk counter-poking with D2 when he's much better off just blocking it after the WCC and remaining on top of Raven for pressure.

can anyone enlighten me how to block supermans dive Punch Corner resets? i tried it in Training but i cant make it cross up. is there a special knockdown needed?

can anyone enlighten me how to block supermans dive Punch Corner resets? i tried it in Training but i cant make it cross up. is there a special knockdown needed?

Cross your fingers?

If done right the dive reset is completely random. You can record it in practice mode, replay it, and it can change sides.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Imo all i have as losing matchups for Raven: Doomsday, Aqua, Flash, Kf, Mmh, Grundy.

Theyre all very possible to win though really but for Doomsday especially i really dont see a reason why i wouldn't just counter pick with one of my Raven secondaries if i had the chance.

Blind_Ducky

Imo all i have as losing matchups for Raven: Doomsday, Aqua, Flash, Kf, Mmh, Grundy.

Theyre all very possible to win though really but for Doomsday especially i really dont see a reason why i wouldn't just counter pick with one of my Raven secondaries if i had the chance.
Flash is worse than doomsday also Batgirl beats her, Wonder Woman does too, and superman & black Adam are still possibilities although I'm leaning towards 5-5 for both, especially black Adam.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Im leaning 5-5 on ba and supes. I agree on batgirl at 4-6 but you really think WW? Anything specific that makes you think so?

Outside of the corner it feels 5-5 with well placed air to air style + trait.

zaf

professor
i dont understand what raven can do vs grundy, hes a walking tank that does more damage than flash, has constant armour and doesnt take chip/ has 40% more health the moment he grabs you.
They can just cancel the WC then d2 your b23 though.. most good Grundys dont let the WC happen and just cancel it into stuff..
Never seen that and I'm sure he can't.

Qwark, weren't you doing this to me when i used b23?
Very possible to beat out ravens b23 I believe.
If I am wrong qwark, then everyone else ignore this.
but there is no way I was using any other normals against WCC considering I know what the consequences are.
I thought b23 was the go to option for WCC. But he would cancel it and hit me =[

Blind_Ducky

Im leaning 5-5 on ba and supes. I agree on batgirl at 4-6 but you really think WW? Anything specific that makes you think so?

Outside of the corner it feels 5-5 with well placed air to air style + trait.
Ww upclose game is better and she gets in for free with iatorpedo. Torpedo is also faster than pillars so if she makes 1 good read she's in and if she guesses wrong she eats 9-14%

Blind_Ducky

but there is no way I was using any other normals against WCC considering I know what the consequences are.
I thought b23 was the go to option for WCC. But he would cancel it and hit me =[
I've never had it happen or seen it. A video would be neat.

zaf

professor
I've never had it happen or seen it. A video would be neat.
Well.. just because it hasn't happened or been seen a whole lot yet, does not mean it is not possible......I am doing a lot of recording lately. So this is definitely something I can look into.
I could swear qwark WCC my b23 and d2 me into stupid trait. Mad me sadface

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

B23 even on WCC is great because its still safe. That and you have them risking a lift. B23 is super powered in that matchup because not only is it ungrabble by wc but its also an even more amazing mixup tool/even better whiff punish tool due to his shitty jump.

Even with that its in Grundy's favor barely only because he has more tools and damage in that fight because raven has to take risks to zone for the most part. Huge risks.

Still very winnable.

Blind_Ducky

Well.. just because it hasn't happened or been seen a whole lot yet, does not mean it is not possible......I am doing a lot of recording lately. So this is definitely something I can look into.
I could swear qwark WCC my b23 and d2 me into stupid trait. Mad me sadface
Lol I just tested it and yup this is super possible. Haha ok well time to pull an Zoidberg747

Blind_Ducky

B23 even on WCC is great because its still safe. That and you have them risking a lift. B23 is super powered in that matchup bevsuse not only is it ungrabble by wc but its also an amazing mixup/eben better whiff punish tool.

Even with that its in Grundy's favor barely only because he has more tools and damage in that fight because raven has to take risks to zone for the most part. Huge risks.

Still very winnable.
How's he risking getting lifted?