What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Good list. Ill add my .02$:

Harley: No real point in reflecting as they have so quick of a recovery and can be MB'd at any time.

Hawkgirl: Will reflect air maces, but you must be careful as MB Mace will hit you. You can MB it but that is a big risk.

Joker: Same as harley, is easier to duck gunshots and soul crush in between

KF: The problem with reflecting her daggers is she can iceberg on reaction to reflect.

Lex: Reflect his staff laser all day.

MMH: You can reflect his thing that comes down from the air but most MMHs dont use this much.

Sinestro: Probably could get away with reflecting single ones due to high startup of boulder.

Superman: If you need meter you can reflect lasers, but IMO it is better to stay in soul crush range and keep him honest.

WW: Dont know what you can reflect, but she doesnt use projectiles much anyway

Zod: You can reflect zod balls

I mentioned this before but I guess I'll mention it again:

Zatanna - Not a good idea to reflect any projectiles against (a decent) Zatanna because she will just teleport behind you for a full combo punish. Also note that she can teleport in trait.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Well my list of opinions is complete so yay. Your overlord has written new laws and you will all obey.

ZalliX

Noob
Good list. Ill add my .02$:

Superman: If you need meter you can reflect lasers, but IMO it is better to stay in soul crush range and keep him honest.

If hes spamming lazers on you, he probably doesn't want to come in. Once you start reflecting his shit and blowing him up, then hes gonna try to get aggressive.

Little fun fact I just discovered against Deathstroke. At around fullscreen if he uses machine gun and you block the bullets and he MBs it to shoot the grenade you can reflect the grenade.

Espio

Kokomo
Some helpful info in the Raven versus Martian Manhunter match up. Raven can punish the gap in 2,2, back 3 with either down 1 into singularity or she can do standing 1 into singularity MB and get 37% ish (possibly more, that's just the combo I use).

Raven can punish regular pillars with soul crush (they're minus 17) so the only way pillars are safe against Raven is if they are full screen away or they were meter burned. Soul crush has the same start up as non-MB orbs, which means it's harder to set up orbs versus her.

What this basically adds up to is while Raven can't really zone neither can Martian Manhunter safely versus Raven. Up close game outside of him having trait is pretty even I'd say.

I think it's a 5-5 match up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 mind telling me how to play Joker MU?

I havent had a lot of experience with him so I dont really know how to fight him.
dont let me double dash, punish gun on whiff and backdash the jumps

also dont go into demon stance from anything other than b23 ender and only use that to finish combos, anything else and jokers close to you, you dont want that.

and puhblock all day if you cant block crossups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
gunshot on block is a free dash for me, soul crush is too slow to punish it

always clash in the corner unless i dont have 2 bars, every bar of mine is 30% in the corner and you cant do anything about it

Zoidberg747

dont let me double dash, punish gun on whiff and backdash the jumps

also dont go into demon stance from anything other than b23 ender and only use that to finish combos, anything else and jokers close to you, you dont want that.

and puhblock all day if you cant block crossups.
What do you punish gun with?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
gun is faster than anything in demon mode other than reflect, you can stall it out fullscreen with the lead.

dont b23 too much and dont teleport and 223, teleport itself is full combo on reaction

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
jokers footsies is uppercut, sweep and j2+j3, throwing out moves with long ass recovery is death

Zoidberg747

gun is faster than anything in demon mode other than reflect, you can stall it out fullscreen with the lead.

dont b23 too much and dont teleport and 223, teleport itself is full combo on reaction
Those were desperation teleports lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
you can also d1/d2 joker if you know hes gonna jump, only decent frametrap he has is 21 +5 and 323 +1

transition as often as you can, one crossup and youre stuck in an infinite when i have bars.

when i dont and i do something into teeth on knockdown and J2 you can backdash out of the corner

I'm not sure if any of this was already known but here it is: I was thinking about Superman's f2 range nerf and did a quick test. I found that when you crouch block an attack you get pushed back less. If you crouch block all of Superman's f23~breath then you will still end up within his f2 range and if you try to do a reversal lift you can get hit by an immediate f2. If you crouch block the f23 but block the breath standing you are still within f2 range but you can get out a lift before he can hit you with f2. (May need further testing, preferably with 2 human players) Also, if you block f23~breath (Standing. Need 2 human players to test crouched blocking) and immediately walk back then the next f2 will whiff but the 3 will still hit you. f2 may have gotten a range nerf but the 3 didn't.

Edit: Crouch block reducing pushback seems very relevant to Raven's b23. It significantly reduces the pushback from the 3, and leaves her within range of Superman's f2. Could be worth investigating further.

Edit #2: Changed stuff that was wrong.