What's new

Guide Raven BnB & Zinthos Thread

It's probably worth noting her most powerful meterless combo as well:
f22u1 d2 b3 3 f222 db2 (33%, 36% with JI2)

Though why are her combos listed with a 11 starter rather than 11f2? :/

Meter less combos are worthless. 11 is easier and the same damage.
Well damn, it is the same damage. I guess it just comes down to preference then...

And obviously you wouldn't do a meterless combo if you don't have to. But it's not like you have meter all of the time.

Also, perhaps the combos where j2 can be replaced with j3 for extra damage should have a little symbol beside them? Because not all of those combos can be altered that way.

Sami

Noob
11b2 has massive combo damage scaling (11 doesn't, the b2 does) so dropping it usually leads to the same damage.

Posting this again as people don't know it exists: http://testyourmight.com/threads/combo-damage-scaling-table-all-moves.31883/

Using a raw 3 starter is a bad idea (bad range compared to F2 starter), but it's much better when doing jump-ins. Leads to higher damage than JI2-f222 as the 3 scales subsequent damage far less. Do either "JI2, 3~lift MB, etc" or "F222~lift MB, etc". Do "JI2, f222~lift MB" and you're a chump :p

3 also lets you not give a fuck what side your cross-up lands on as the same move comes out (always a chance of F2 coming out as B2) and you have loads of time to hit-confirm into lift as it hits twice.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What do you guys do in terms of corner combos?

Edit: My BnB is f222 MB lift F3 F222 lift for HKD. I feel like there are probably better ones though.

What do you guys do in terms of corner combos?

Edit: My BnB is f222 MB lift F3 F222 lift for HKD. I feel like there are probably better ones though.

I usually just do my normal combo but instead of b3 I do a nj2 or nj3 and after the f222 I do d1~lift. The only really different corner combo I do is when I cross-up with j2 i do f22u1, f222, d1~MB lift, nj2, f222~lift. Or after the MB lift I'll do nj2, b23 to get that ambiguous neutral jump setup.

Zoidberg747

Not as swag as trading a singularity with a projectile, getting up while they hang helplessly in the air and J3 d1 lift for full combo.

Did that in tournament yesterday, felt freaking awesome.

Sami

Noob
I didnt even realize you could to that until yesterday. Is this well known?
oh lol, I thought you were bragging about getting lucky over this bug :p. Yes this is known - trading causes them to spaz out in the air for a while. Sometimes happens with lift too. I think trading with Soul Crush knocked you down but I really can't remember now.

Zoidberg747

oh lol, I thought you were bragging about getting lucky over this bug :p. Yes this is known - trading causes them to spaz out in the air for a while. Sometimes happens with lift too. I think trading with Soul Crush knocked you down but I really can't remember now.

I got that it was a bug, but it still felt awesome.

Is it consistent or does it not always hang them in the air?

The point of this thread is to have bnbs that are actually used. I'm Gona keep situational combos very limited except in common situations like aa pillar combos. I've never used 3 as a starter in a match so I'm not going to put it in the thread. Basically this thread is for all the combos I use most often that everyone else should be using because I say so because I'm me and I'm amazing etc.
ahahahahah. The arrogance :confused: .

Don't you think f22u1 is a decent combo started , it does more damage plus i am not always able to hit confirm f222 with lift thinking they blocked the f222.

Sami

Noob
f22u1 can be chained in front of most (all?) of these combos much like a jump-in 1/2. It's not so much a combo starter as a combo... err, prologue?

While a raw standing 3 into combo is a daft idea (slower and less range than other options, even if it ends up doing the most damage), it is THE best option for following up a jump-in 1/2, ambiguous or not. You will be in range for it, the opponent will be in block/hit stun, there is no risk of reversed inputs and it will do more damage than the f222 combo.

IMO Blind Man should include it in the main list with a caveat of only using it after a jump-in 1/2 or guaranteed wiff punish.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
ahahahahah. The arrogance :confused: .

Don't you think f22u1 is a decent combo started , it does more damage plus i am not always able to hit confirm f222 with lift thinking they blocked the f222.
I don't think f22u1 is really useful unless you want meter less damage which I think is pointless. If someone can give me her highest damage off f22u1 that's practical I'll put it in the thread.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
f22u1 can be chained in front of most (all?) of these combos much like a jump-in 1/2. It's not so much a combo starter as a combo... err, prologue?

While a raw standing 3 into combo is a daft idea (slower and less range than other options, even if it ends up doing the most damage), it is THE best option for following up a jump-in 1/2, ambiguous or not. You will be in range for it, the opponent will be in block/hit stun, there is no risk of reversed inputs and it will do more damage than the f222 combo.

IMO Blind Man should include it in the main list with a caveat of only using it after a jump-in 1/2 or guaranteed wiff punish.
I'm deciding on which kind of situational bnbs should be thrown in here and I'll put that in. I need to get on my computer though so it might be a bit before I can update the thread comfortably.

I have two i do from time to time not on you blind man :) 42% f22u1 j1(replace with j2 offline for more damage) d1 singularity mb b3 js f222 soul crush
Also this one is slightly more difficult f22u1 f2 slight pause f222 singulartiy for 32% meterless but this parts iffy sometimes online you can walk forward b3 f222 soulcrush 43%
all these combos can be done online just took me a few days of practice to get

Zoidberg747

I was messing with background bounce combos today, figured id post them here

F222 MB lift Background Bounce b3 j2 f222 soulcrush- 42%

F222 MB Lift b3 j2 f222 soul crush MB Background bounce f2 soul crush-45-46%