What's new

Rate Your Main Injustice Character(s)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yes, I have read your post. I am aware that "certain characters" do not rely on their traits, but what about the ones who do?

Not every character is Cyborg, Batgirl, Deathstroke, and Killer Frost. There are countless characters who heavily rely on their traits.

- Aquaman
- Ares
- Bane
- Black Adam
- Doomsday
- Green Lantern
- Grundy
- Hawkgirl
- Lex Luthor
- Lobo
- Martian Manhunter
- Raven
- Sinestro
- Superman
- The Flash
- Zod
It is rolled into the score for their offense or defense and factored into that score accordingly. I think I mentioned that already. That way it won't skew ratings for characters who are good, but don't have a trait that needs to be used.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Bane
Offense (9/10)

Defense (9/10)

Comeback Factor (5/5)

Damage (5/5)

Zoning (1/5)

Anti-Zoning (3/5)

Mobility (4/5)

Interactable Object Control (4/5)
40/50 (still the same damn ration :( )

(though I strongly disagree KF has a 5/5 in damage on account of her damage being based on guessing and meter, and even then its not all that high. Comeback and offence? Sure, maybe. Damage? For her to maintain those previous 10s her damage has to be trimmed for the sake of resets. 3/5 is my personal opinion.)
If you take away her meter and guessing, she can do 41% meterless no trait, no wall bounce, no corner, no interactable. She has numerous combos in the 37-39% range (again meterless and without ANY of the aforementioned) and the only reason why it isn't highlighted is because when a Killer Frost player does have meter, they drop the combo early to go for the vortex. (Because why go for 60% when you can drop a 45% and have a 50% chance of landing another 45% for 90 total?The numbers are an example) Zod uses trait a bar for a 38to39% bnb, no? Sure he has optimized combos but still. Black Adam uses trait and or a bar for his 42s to 45s right? Yet we still hear on stream: DAT DAMAGE! Batman uses a bar and or trait for 41 and he's considered to have a healthy damage output? Same with Aquaman sans trait? Sure it's not the highest damage in the world, but it's close to half your health for what it costs. And I can do the same with nothing, but my damage is poor? I don't think people realize that Frost's damage scaling was primarily enforced after a connected slide. Figure out how to prolong a combo prior to sliding and you can offset this slightly. I understand that not all, in fact most Killer Frosts don't go for damage...

.....but you are neglecting to realize one thing....

...I am not most Killer Frosts.

RiBBz22

Dude.

Your second sentence shows the bias you have towards the whole thing. Traits are a massive part of the game.
For some characters yes I absolutely agree. For some characters not so much. So then make trait worth 500, now KF is one of the worst characters in the game. Obviously she is not. My point is to attempt to make this scale make sense within the context of the game. The point is that just because a character might rely on their trait and it is a huge part of their game, does NOT mean that they distinctly have an advantage over another character that has a bad trait. M2dave is saying that 1/6th of the points in a rating scale is dedicated towards trait, an aspect that is very important for some characters and meaningless for others. That is the flaw.

Many of the other ratings are universal like offense and defense, while trait is not.

I don't know how much clearer I can explain myself.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
For some characters yes I absolutely agree. For some characters not so much. So then make trait worth 500, now KF is one of the worst characters in the game. Obviously she is not. My point is to attempt to make this scale make sense within the context of the game. The point is that just because a character might rely on their trait and it is a huge part of their game, does NOT mean that they distinctly have an advantage over another character that has a bad trait. M2dave is saying that 1/6th of the points in a rating scale is dedicated towards trait, an aspect that is very important for some characters and meaningless for others. That is the flaw.

Many of the other ratings are universal like offense and defense, while trait is not.

I don't know how much clearer I can explain myself.
Me either

it works both ways

You're saying the 0% of the points in the rating scale shoudl be dedicated to trait.

If that is the case.... then you have to include it in both offense and defense.... which would again put it in a spotlight as well as have one aspect affect two things.

RiBBz22

Me either

it works both ways

You're saying the 0% of the points in the rating scale should be dedicated to trait.

If that is the case.... then you have to include it in both offense and defense.... which would again put it in a spotlight as well as have one aspect affect two things.
If you read my posts I said trait should be factored into offense or defense ratings as applicable. I have probably said this 3 or 4 times. That is the way I think trait should be incorporated to have the rating system make more sense. That way characters that don't even need their trait are not affected.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If you read my posts I said trait should be factored into offense or defense ratings as applicable. I have probably said this 3 or 4 times. That is the way I think trait should be incorporated to have the rating system make more sense. That way characters that don't even need their trait are not affected.
and you don't see how that skews things? No more or less than if you just put it as its own.

Basically..... if you included train in both offense and defense... then you can't say any of the characters that do not depend on their trait have a 10/10 rating.

Where as in the other, they can have a full offensive/defensive value without the variable of having the trait come into play.

Your way adds a variable that shouldn't be one.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It is rolled into the score for their offense or defense and factored into that score accordingly. I think I mentioned that already. That way it won't skew ratings for characters who are good, but don't have a trait that needs to be used.
Then why did you include "comeback factor" to your categories? Offense and damage are part of "comeback factor". Your categories are character biased.

I have already proven to you that most characters highly depend on their traits, but perhaps trait can be part of offense, defense, damage, etc. I would have to use your format to determine a number for Zod and see whether that number is similar to the number of my format.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
Green Lantern

Offense (5/5)
B1 and F3 are two of the best 50/50 options in the game when under the right circumstances (in the corner, ex LM setup). B1 being 9 frames also makes this character a huge threat when in range, of either B1 OR lift OR J1, basically the options are endless, and puts you (the opponent) in a shitty guessing game. amazing offense, only to compliment his ability to turtle against most of the cast

Defense (5/5) the only thing that bothers me about GL's defense is that he doesn't have a huge hitbox for me to complain about. 7 frame S1, but his B1 is sufficient to punish most things, which ultimately leads into his mix ups. Great D2 as well, although it trades, there is more than enough time to get out a lift or B1 into full combo. And when some1 jumps out of D2 range, there is always lift. A reason why i love this character is because of his ability to anti air, reminds me of S2 and B2

Trait (4/5) This trait is ESSENTIAL for this character. It also adds damage and great properties to certain moves (mainly lift and minigun). Only reason why it's not 5/5 is because it is too essential. GL doesn't get much raw damage off of combos, w/o using meter or trait.

Damage (3/3) He gets moderate damage, but from many different angles (not just B1 starter or F3). his anti air damage, air to air damage, and even d1 lift damage is higher than most characters, making up for other combo starters.

Zoning (3/3) I don't really like to call GL's air rockets, minigun, or ground rockets zoning. I see it more as spacing for the B1, J1 or lift meta game. His projectiles are slow, but good use of the air rockets set up great spacing for GL to start playing his main game.

Anti-Zoning (3/3) Meter burn rocket trades VERY well with any sort of projectile. He gets more damage, and if he gets it off early enough, will be able to turbine in for a mixup/close the gap. Of course, there are exceptions like Sinestro or Raven.

Mobility (1/3) Go ahead, crucify me. i fuckin hate his mobility and it's the main reason for a majority of his losing MU's IMO. dashing sucks, walk speed sucks. His back walk speed is actually decent, though... every1 get fucked

Interactable Object Control (3/3) online i only choose one stage (metropolis street), but GL has some of the best Interactable control in the game. They are VERY good compliments to his combos, ending them early for a free 20% damage. it is 100% worth it, and they are extremely hard, if not impossible, to get out of when ending a simple B1 combo into trait lift. <3 re-spawning shit
Total: 27 / 30

easily top 10 in the game, and most likely top 5. w/ the amazing competition i play at gga when i am rarely there, i feel the power of this character being able to overcome MU's that just are not fair.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Green Lantern

Offense (5/5)
B1 and F3 are two of the best 50/50 options in the game when under the right circumstances (in the corner, ex LM setup). B1 being 9 frames also makes this character a huge threat when in range, of either B1 OR lift OR J1, basically the options are endless, and puts you (the opponent) in a shitty guessing game. amazing offense, only to compliment his ability to turtle against most of the cast

Defense (5/5) the only thing that bothers me about GL's defense is that he doesn't have a huge hitbox for me to complain about. 7 frame S1, but his B1 is sufficient to punish most things, which ultimately leads into his mix ups. Great D2 as well, although it trades, there is more than enough time to get out a lift or B1 into full combo. And when some1 jumps out of D2 range, there is always lift. A reason why i love this character is because of his ability to anti air, reminds me of S2 and B2

Trait (4/5) This trait is ESSENTIAL for this character. It also adds damage and great properties to certain moves (mainly lift and minigun). Only reason why it's not 5/5 is because it is too essential. GL doesn't get much raw damage off of combos, w/o using meter or trait.

Damage (3/3) He gets moderate damage, but from many different angles (not just B1 starter or F3). his anti air damage, air to air damage, and even d1 lift damage is higher than most characters, making up for other combo starters.

Zoning (3/3) I don't really like to call GL's air rockets, minigun, or ground rockets zoning. I see it more as spacing for the B1, J1 or lift meta game. His projectiles are slow, but good use of the air rockets set up great spacing for GL to start playing his main game.

Anti-Zoning (3/3) Meter burn rocket trades VERY well with any sort of projectile. He gets more damage, and if he gets it off early enough, will be able to turbine in for a mixup/close the gap. Of course, there are exceptions like Sinestro or Raven.

Mobility (1/3) Go ahead, crucify me. i fuckin hate his mobility and it's the main reason for a majority of his losing MU's IMO. dashing sucks, walk speed sucks. His back walk speed is actually decent, though... every1 get fucked

Interactable Object Control (3/3) online i only choose one stage (metropolis street), but GL has some of the best Interactable control in the game. They are VERY good compliments to his combos, ending them early for a free 20% damage. it is 100% worth it, and they are extremely hard, if not impossible, to get out of when ending a simple B1 combo into trait lift. <3 re-spawning shit
Total:
27 / 30

easily top 10 in the game, and most likely top 5. w/ the amazing competition i play at gga when i am rarely there, i feel the power of this character being able to overcome MU's that just are not fair.

Wtf....

Someone go check Wafflez house. I think someone stole his computer.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Frost..
Offense: dirty
Defense: ?
Trait: shit
Damage: dirty
Zoning: pretty dirty
AntiZone: dirty
Mobility: filthy
Interactable: shit
Total: whore

Eta; come at me, mileswright!
Killer frost's zoning is dirty in terms of it being unrefined and not clean in anyway and her mobility isn't filthy its just not GL or DS mobility

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Sounds like a fun game. I don't think it'll help our understanding of the game much, but fun.

Vanilla Frost
- Offense: (2/5) I assume this means from neutral since damage is a separate category. KF lacks any reliable footsy tool except slide, which puts her at -4. She has an enormous blind spot between mid screen and point blank where she has to play very defensively and look for openings to get closer. Her dash and airdash last way too long to get her in reliably. Her saving graces are her ability to slide which forces her opponent to start playing her defensive guessing game and her +2 on block d1 at point blank. She can also trade with iceberg at full screen to get a knockdown and dash in, which is kinda offensive i guess.
- Defense: (5/5) If anyone else put their character as a 5/5 defensively, you need to change it. KF is the queen of defense, so strong that her entire game plan revolves around it. MB Parry gives her a full combo and shuts down around half of the moves in the game by itself. Her solid d2 anti-air and quick d1 plug the remaining holes. Only command grabs can break through KF's shell, and those are universally weak to jump.

- Trait: (0/5) Although it has some niche usefulness at the very end of the round after her opponent clashes, it doesn't add much damage, is a liability to set up, and is generally too finnicky to get to work. Trait cancels are only mildly useful now and don't see a whole lot of action. A KF player can be just as good (if not better) by never using her trait.
- Damage: (3/3) I described the expected value on KF's vortex in the KF forum. On average, her damage is as high as the hardest hitters in the cast, and she packs a nice 25% chance to kill you on pretty much any hit, 50% if the opponent has already lost 1/3 of his life. Her high damage combined with amazing defensive options is what makes her work.
- Zoning: (2/3) Above average. It does what it's supposed to do - give her a fullscreen presence that gives opponents a reason to come to her and builds decent meter. It won't keep any characters out indefinitely, but it's a definite advantage.
- Anti-Zoning: (1.5/3) Iceberg screws up most of the ground-projectile game, and daggers usually trade in KF's favor, especially if they anti-air. Slide gets under a handful of projectiles but leaves her very open.
- Mobility: (1/3) Her mobility is among the worst in the game. Her dash and airdash are heinously slow and can't be relied on to move in or out. Her slide leaves her prone on whiff, making that not a great option outside of its danger zone.
- Interactables: (0/3) Interactables disfavor KF more than any other character. Being an acrobat, she gets hardly any offensive use by them, and her bad mobility makes her especially susceptible to eating them. Clearly one of her biggest weaknesses as a character. Although everyone hates having to coin flip against KF during the match, KF hates having to coin flip at the stage select screen even more.

Total: 15.5/30. This format doesn't give an accurate picture of KF though. Her extreme strengths obviate her weaknesses quite a bit, making her stronger than her total would suggest. Also note that the format has built-in valuations that screw things up because they're probably wrong. For example, damage is only a possible 3 out of the 30 points here, which is probably off.

RiBBz22

and you don't see how that skews things? No more or less than if you just put it as its own.

Basically..... if you included train in both offense and defense... then you can't say any of the characters that do not depend on their trait have a 10/10 rating.

Where as in the other, they can have a full offensive/defensive value without the variable of having the trait come into play.

Your way adds a variable that shouldn't be one.
Sure you can, some characters do not need their trait. I opened up the number to 10 for offense and defense for this reason.
Then why did you include "comeback factor" to your categories? Offense and damage are part of "comeback factor". Your categories are character biased.

I have already proven to you that most characters highly depend on their traits, but perhaps trait can be part of offense, defense, damage, etc. I would have to use your format to determine a number for Zod and see whether that number is similar to the number of my format.
I am absolutely in no way saying that traits are not important, or there are not characters that depend on it. My point is that when you have some characters that are dependent on it, and some that don't need it at all (while not detracting from their effectiveness as a character) it can skew the system because those 5 points make zero difference for a few characters IMO, but it affects their rating and probably will lead to some weird ratings in terms of where characters most likely belong.

Yeah I guess comeback factor can be debated, but I thought it was an important omission. I thought it was more accurate and universal criteria to rate a set of characters. My real issue is having a value associated with something that doesn't affect all the characters the same way. A great trait could be awesome, a crappy trait doesn't necessary mean the opposite.

I forgot to explain why her trait is situationally useful and shouldn't be 0/5.

If your opponent clashes very early in the second round (as is often the case to avoid the vortex), KF should build her trait to almost full if she has around 3 bars. Her first meter reset will let you trait up, and the second reset is the MBDC extra mixup with trait. The result is a reset that deals 95-98% damage that is very difficult to avoid because it incorporates two 50/50s.

So, in the right situation it's explosive. That doesn't make it compare well to traits that form characters' entire gameplans or have reliable uses, but it's there.

4x4lo8o

Noob
RiBBz22 is right about the trait thing. There's no reason for it to be given its own score. All is does is inflate scores and create an artificial gap between characters that do and don't rely heavily on their trait as part of their core gameplay.

Anything that makes a trait good is already accounted for in the other numbers. A trait's usefulness is literally defined by how it affects other parts of the character gameplay that are already being scored. Zods trait is good because it gives him mix ups, allows him to control interactables and shuts down his opponents. That shows up heavily in his offense and interactable numbers. Grundy's trait gives him his huge damage, improves his offense, and improves his defense and shows up in those numbers. Giving those characters a high score for trait is effectively counting their trait twice.

Compare to a character like Killer Frost. Her damage is fine, her offense is fine, all the stuff that other characters us trait for is fine, but she doesn't happen to need trait for it. Yet for some reason she receives a lower score just because she doesn't need her trait. It's like docking a character for having a bad sweep or some other poor normal, even though they don't need that normal. Or subtracting points for having a bad d2, even if that character has a better anti-air that they rely on.
If KF is hurt at all by not having a good score, it shows up already by her other numbers not being higher than they already are. For example, when she had trait cancels that would have shown by increasing her number for damage and offense(if her offense is already full, that means numbers for offense probably need to be calculated or calibrated differently and probably are defined in a way that's accurate and consistent across the entire cast anyway)

By having trait as it's own score you're adding it twice

And it's not like it's possible to remove trait from consideration in those other categories and justify it's existence that way. What is Grundy's offense or damage without his trait? That's completely meaningless.
Same with Ares. His offense, damage, zoning, even his defense become significantly worse and have huge holes if you take trait out of consideration. Am I supposed to dock all those(severely) and instead give him a high trait score because his trait is essentially a special that is essential to multiple parts of his gameplay? That's a little strange, I don't think most people would even say that Ares' trait is good or at least not deserving of a 5/5. It's not even possible to give him a high enough trait score to make up for subtracting the effect trait has on the other categories!
All you're trying to do by defining it that way is skewing the scores and creating a weird, non accurate or useful description of the character.

It's not like it really matters, this is just a fun activity related to our favorite game not a scientific survey, but it is a flaw with the system

Last edited:

RiBBz22

RiBBz22 is right about the trait thing. There's no reason for it to be given its own score. All is does is inflate scores and create an artificial gap between characters that do and don't rely heavily on their trait as part of their core gameplay.

Anything that makes a trait good is already accounted for in the other numbers. A trait's usefulness is literally defined by how it affects other parts of the character gameplay that are already being scored. Zods trait is good because it gives him mix ups, allows him to control interactables and shuts down his opponents. That shows up heavily in his offense and interactable numbers. Grundy's trait gives him his huge damage, improves his offense, and improves his defense and shows up in those numbers. Giving those characters a high score for trait is effectively counting their trait twice.

Compare to a character like Killer Frost. Her damage is fine, her offense is fine, all the stuff that other characters us trait for is fine, but she doesn't happen to need trait for it. Yet for some reason she receives a lower score just because she doesn't need her trait. It's like docking a character for having a bad sweep or some other poor normal, even though they don't need that normal. Or subtracting points for having a bad d2, even if that character has a better anti-air that they rely on.
If KF is hurt at all by not having a good score, it shows up already by her other numbers not being higher than they already are. For example, when she had trait cancels that would have shown by increasing her number for damage and offense(if her offense is already full, that means numbers for offense probably need to be calculated or calibrated differently and probably are defined in a way that's accurate and consistent across the entire cast anyway)

By having trait as it's own score you're adding it twice

And it's not like it's possible to remove trait from consideration in those other categories and justify it's existence that way. What is Grundy's offense or damage without his trait? That's completely meaningless.
Same with Ares. His offense, damage, zoning, even his defense become significantly worse and have huge holes if you take trait out of consideration. Am I supposed to dock all those(severely) and instead give him a high trait score because his trait is essentially a special that is essential to multiple parts of his gameplay? That's a little strange, I don't think most people would even say that Ares' trait is good or at least not deserving of a 5/5. It's not even possible to give him a high enough trait score to make up for subtracting the effect trait has on the other categories!
All you're trying to do by defining it that way is skewing the scores and creating a weird, non accurate or useful description of the character.

It's not like it really matters, this is just a fun activity related to our favorite game not a scientific survey, but it is a flaw with the system
Thank you, I totally agree. I must seriously be sucky at explaining things because it is so obvious to me and it is so frustrating when people are objecting to it saying I just have bias or whatever. It isn't like we are coming up with a system for a million dollars or something, I am just pointing out a flaw in the system.

Thank you, I totally agree. I must seriously be sucky at explaining things because it is so obvious to me and it is so frustrating when people are objecting to it saying I just have bias or whatever. It isn't like we are coming up with a system for a million dollars or something, I am just pointing out a flaw in the system.
It would be impossible to rate batman if they keep using that system, you can't separate batman from the trait, it is part of his offense, defense, zoning, mixups etc.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You guys are being really dumb, ribbz is correct. Pre patch superman wasn't worse because he didn't use any other string besides f23 was he? Then why is KF worse for not using trait? Traits are just a tool the characters have, not an overall ability like offense or defense.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
RiBBz22, if I had to redo the categories, I would do them the following way.

Offense (5/5) Same. This category also includes comeback factor.

Defense (5/5) Same.

Damage (5/5) Up from 3 to 5 points. This category also includes comeback factor.

Footsies and Zoning (5/5) This category also includes footsies and is up from 3 to 5 points. Footsies refers to the neutral game and includes normal attacks, anti-aerial attacks, etc. Should footsies and zoning be two separate categories?

Interactable Object Control and Prevention (4/4) This category also includes the prevention of interactable objects and is up from 3 to 4 points.

Anti-Zoning (3/3) Same.

Mobility (3/3) Same. Is mobility necessary, though?

Total 30 points.

Trait is excluded and factored into other categories.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
RiBBz22, if I had to redo the categories, I would do them the following way.

Offense (5/5) Same. This category also includes comeback factor.

Defense (5/5) Same.

Damage (5/5) Up from 3 to 5 points. This category also includes comeback factor.

Footsies and Zoning (5/5) This category also includes footsies and is up from 3 to 5 points. Footsies refers to the neutral game and includes normal attacks, anti-aerial attacks, etc. Should footsies and zoning be two separate categories?

Interactable Object Control and Prevention (4/4) This category also includes the prevention of interactable objects and is up from 3 to 4 points.

Anti-Zoning (3/3) Same.

Mobility (3/3) Same. Is mobility necessary, though?

Total 30 points.

Trait is excluded and factored into other categories.
I feel that mobility is already a substantial part of "footsies", and anti-zoning.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Mobility is also a part of offense and defense.

Defense is measured by the ease with which a character can defend against other characters. Some characters attack from a distance, some do offense from almost exclusively from up close. The rate at which a character can transition from defense to offense is how we calculate a defense stat. This is why, sometimes, a character's best offensive tool will also often be their best defensive tool. Examples of this are Superman's Forward 2, Green Lantern's Back + 1, any character with an instant aerial projectile-- especially a ranged one, like Superman's jump laser, or Green Lantern's jump rocket. Character's with great backdashes or fast accelerating back jumps represent great mobility, and also great defense against up close characters.

Short, long distance dashes are great defense against projectile based keepaway strong characters.

Fighting games are complex.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
This. My Lex combos almost always end on a probe or armor, depending on which one is up.

On a side note, I am a random, but going to do one for Joker anyway:

The Joker

Offense (3/5): This score may be a little generous, but allow me to explain. Joker has a wide variety of highs and lows, but sadly, none of them manage to work together to make any sort of 50/50 (Except for off of crowbar OTGs, but those are slow enough that you can react to them, which kind of defeats the purpose).

That said, he does have tools to create many different "unblockable" resets, especially on knockdown and in the corner. In fact in the corner Joker can easily take an entire health bar off of some truly stupid resets (Such as the low/high/low OTG which loops back into itself).
Unfortunately, once you have enough matchup experience against him, it can be difficult for him to get in since many of these resets are gimmicky and once you learn them can be escaped.

Outside of that, most of his strings are +, and most everything can be canceled into safe teeth or be made safe by canceling into flower or crowbar. MB laughing gas will also make everything safe, but it costs meter and due to frame gaps he can be poked out of it.

Defense (2.5/5): Here's the thing, Joker actually does have an amazing moveset for playing defensively (Teeth traps, especially when mixed with flower which stops people from pressing buttons and puts them back into teeth, gunshot, j3 and his amazing D2. Laughing Gas can actually be decent for this too.), but it doesn't really matter since in most matchups he HAS to play offensively. Very few characters are forced to approach the Joker, so while he seems like he would be a really good defensive character, nobody will ever put him in a position where he can.

Trait (1/5): I am only putting 1/5 because Dave said we couldn't use 0. This is the worst trait in the game without a doubt. Not only are the active frames on this counter terrible, but the reward is to get a HA, which speeds up dash and jump/fall speed. Unfortunately, this does not speed up his move activation or the ending frames on the dash. What this means is that when he gets 2 or 3 HAs, Joker actually becomes a worse character. At that point a lot of his combos and resets start working, and his dash, while faster, is still as unsafe. It also makes his already worthless backdash even worse.

Actually, the more I talk about it the more I hate it. Seriously the worst trait in the game by a long shot. There are other useless traits, but at least they don't make your character worse than he already was (Except maybe Deathstroke), so I'm putting a new, more fitting trait score:

New trait score: Cruel Joke/5

Damage (3/3): This is one area where Joker players can't complain. With good execution, we get 42% for 1 bar midscreen. We have countless resets into more damage. In the corner your lifebar is gone if you don't clash (Assuming the Joker player has good execution).

Zoning (1/3): While gunshot is a good move, it's not really a zoning tool. Neither are the gas canisters. They CAN be used to zone, but in reality that's not what they're for. Gunshot, while good, goes over a lot of other projectiles (By that I mean quite a few characters duck or move their hurtbox ever so slightly when they toss projectiles and therefore duck the gunshot) and dashes. You know what, actually I'm just going to stop explaining it and put it this way:

Shazam outzones Joker.

Enough said.

Anti-zoning (2/3): This is hard to categorize because of how character specific it is. Against zoners that don't duck when shooting projectiles, gunshot is a great way to keep them in check, especially since you can hold it or dash cancel it. Against characters like Batman, who duck when they throw projectiles, life is going to suck. Why? Because I can no longer keep him in check with gunshot which means all I have left to rely on is...

Mobility (1/3): Joker's mobility is atrocious. His forward dash is mediocre, but has more ending lag than I want it to, and his backdash is borderline worthless. Pretty much I use his backdash in much the same way I used spot dodges in Smash games: Any move that has few enough active frames that the backdash outlasts the active hitbox, you can use it. Everything else don't even bother. This tends to be just interactibles and GL's B13. You may wonder, what about projectiles? Well, that works for some, but when you can't backdash an Oa's Rocket, you know you have a shitty backdash.

Oh and his walkspeed is pretty bad too.

Basically, I play Lex and Joker, and I actually think Lex has the better mobility of the two. Just think about that.

Interactible control (1.5/3): Joker's not bad with interactibles per se, but really they're nothing special for the most part. I am however giving the .5 extra for the few interactibles that actually do help him tremendously.

Hall of Justice cars give Joker the ability to zone since Gunshot can be used to pin you in place while the car comes to you, or while waiting for a new one to appear.

The cars that tend to be in the corner and that Joker can plant bombs on can be used to set up corner combos, which in turn means you lost a healthbar.

This is something I haven't told anyone yet, but since I'm leaving for a month and can't use it, here you go: The electric wires on batcave grant an OTG-able knockdown if you let the opponent just drop from them. This allows Joker to do an unblockable OTG reset with teeth and any overhead. Lex can probably do the same thing with mine although I haven't tested it. ( rev0lver test this? Might be useful.)

The Lion's heads on Themyscara also allow Joker to control a large portion of the stage and can combo into teeth.

Total: 15/30
It's not horrendous, but compared to the rest of the cast he does seem to fall a bit short. Here's to hoping we find some sort of crazy new tech...

BONUS CATEGORY: Meter building! (3/3) This should actually be a category.
Anyway, Joker does do this well. Joker builds a LOT of meter. Gunshot gives an absurd amount of meter, especially since it still gains the same amount when canceled. Teeth also give good meter, and the fact that almost every string uses a special at the end, and combos tend to use a LOT of them, he builds meter incredibly fast.
Using 8-12 bars in per round is not unusual for me. This also allows me to use super to counter-zone without crippling myself for the entire match.
You beat me to it, but I pretty much agree across the board. Well done.
Also, General M2Dave, I'll be the first to admit that I generally hate your threads, but this one is pretty cool. Good job... fool.

E

Eldriken

You beat me to it, but I pretty much agree across the board. Well done.
Also, General M2Dave, I'll be the first to admit that I generally hate your threads, but this one is pretty cool. Good job... fool.
Your avatar is freaking me out. Again. It always just creeps up in threads out of nowhere. >_<

Justice

Noob
Catwoman

Offense: 4/5 I really wanted to give Selina a 5/5 but to get any damage over 30-35%, you're looking at fairly high execution and/or timing requirements.

Defense: 3/5: Once again, I wanted to score this higher but in my opinion the fact that Cat Evade isn't a true parry in some respects hurts Selina. The move itself doesn't advance CW across the screen or leave the attacker stunned/pushed back.

Trait: 2/5: Selina's best Wake Up and a decent kombo-extender. Mediocre at best and when you factor in the possibility that if the CW player is getting bodied, there is no way for CW to build Scratches, rendering this trait useless.

Damage 3/3: Most BnBs can be stretched over 30%. Even a D1 counter poke can lead to high twenty's damage.

Zoning 1/3: Whips are bad, mmmkay? I'm not saying don't use them but Selina can't hold anyone in place with these.

Anti-Zoning 1/3: Why this is true I'll never know but Selina has arguably the slowest walkspeed in the game. Her best strategy for anti-zoning is to get in and 50/50 them to death. MB Cat Dash is risky as an AZ tool simply because it's not armored in the first half. From mid-screen, Selina's options improve greatly with whips to "counter zone" MB F3/B3 and J2 shenanigans. I left this at 1/3 instead of 2/3 simply because Selina has a really hard time anti-zoning without meter.

Mobility 3/3: A Dash with good speed and a Backdash that supremely lowers her hitbox, not to mention a plethora of advancing normals and specials that keep Selina moving constantly.

Interactable Usage 2/3: Other than Rooftop Day (waitaminite...) Daily Planet Roof where Gadget and Acrobat characters get screwed with the drones, Selina can use interactibles to help get around the screen quickly or do a kombo extend with an interactible bomb on most stages.

Total: 19

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I feel that mobility is already a substantial part of "footsies", and anti-zoning.
So what if the format looked as follows?

Offense (5/5)
- vortex
- 50/50 mix ups

Defense (5/5)
- wake up game
- "get off" and "panic" moves

Damage (5/5)
- combos
- general damage output

Footsies and Zoning (5/5)
- neutral game (i.e., normal attacks, anti-aerial attacks, etc.)
- distance game (i.e., projectiles)

Interactable Object Control and Prevention (5/5)
- using as well as avoiding interactable objects

Anti-Zoning (5/5)
- stopping your opponent from keeping you at a certain spot on the screen
- mobility

Total 30 points