What's new

RankedBoost Tier List. Opinions??

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
@Sultani I tested it righte now, it does have invincibility. I am beating 3F jabs clean but not EX Ressenha. What made you think it doesn't have invincibility?
Pretty sure EX Ressenha has upper body invincibility only, which means it will beat out standing jabs, but not all meaties or lows. Same thing with Nash ex flash kick. Great for anti-airs but not true reversals.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Pretty sure EX Ressenha has upper body invincibility only, which means it will beat out standing jabs, but not all meaties or lows. Same thing with Nash ex flash kick. Great for anti-airs but not true reversals.
It's not, it's like any other DP. It beats my meaty st. Hk clean.

Exactly, Karin is also exactly like Cammy but her reversal costs a bar of meter, her AAs aren't as good, Karin's damage is better than Cammy's, Karin has an overhead and i am pretty sure Karin's st. Mk has sliiiightly more range than Cammy's and Ressenha goes through projectiles while Cammy has to spend a bar of meter to get projectile invincible moves mostly other than V-skill but it's oretty meh. Karin only has to use meter for her reversal and she uses her CA very often.

I don't see Karin anywhere outside top 5 lol.
Well, I can see where the disconnect was. Basically I'm dumb and didn't take reversal and wakeup as the same thing.

EX Ressenha is only upper body invincible from frames 6 - 17 (supposedly, which wouldn't explain how I am getting it stuffed randomly by jump ins).. The move doesn't really gain more invincibility frames on wakeup, but I don't think you can hit her low if she wakes up with it. try hitting her with a meaty low and see if that works. If it doesn't then you just can't hit her low if she wakes up with it, so that would mean it has more invincibility on wakeup.

I have read that it can also be crush countered, but I haven't tested that one.

This.

basically, Ex Ressenha cannot reverse pressure situations when she's not knocked down the same way a move like ryu or kens light srk or cammy's light cannonspike can. It's too slow and will get hit by any low attack because it's only upper body invincible.. On wakeup, she needs meter to do anything that will beat a meaty, and I'm not so sure a low won't stuff anything she can do even with it.

While defending pressure, this leaves her with very limited options. keep blocking, tech a throw, v reversal, or a c.lp counter to a move that isn't plus. If you get in her face and throw out say, a c.lp, she can't counter you. Most c.lp or c.lk in this game are plus. so any follow up, like a medium combo starter should be able to use the plus frames to hit at the same time or sooner. If they hit at the same time, Karin's only option to counter hit you gets out prioritized.

Because she has subpar anti air, one read on a standing MK in neutral with a jump in and she's completely f'ed. just attack her.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
that's because st.HK doesn't hit low. it's upper body invincible.
No, take Nash's EX kicks as an example, I can meaty him all day because it's only upper body invincible, which means that it's invincible against jump ins but any grounded move will hit him out of it.

I'm testimg it right now and she is beating my lows off frame traps, while I'm hitting Nash clean out of EX Sonic Scythe (which is upper body invincible only) or whatever the name of that move is.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I really want you guys to be right because I'm about to test whether an invincible reversal is in fact invincible...

EDIT: Actually no I'm not. This is ridiculous

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It's not, it's like any other DP. It beats my meaty st. Hk clean.
You're right. Frames 1-5 are completely invincible according to the Prima guide. So basically, she's invincible until the first hit then she becomes airborne and not invincible.

Sorry, thought I heard otherwise about this move.

Karin is the most honest character in sfv. She's upper mid to high tier. For sure not god tier.

Her damage is decent, her footsies are amazing, but her mixups are non existent if the opponent knows the matchup.

She has a few decent options on an opponents wake up though but it's basically meaty into either frametrap or throw.

it has full invincibility on ex. Upper body is on the regular ones I believe. But ex can lose to wonky spaced jump in attacks.

Nvm. Sry didn't see last post.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Karin is the most honest character in sfv. She's upper mid to high tier. For sure not god tier.

Her damage is decent, her footsies are amazing, but her mixups are non existent if the opponent knows the matchup.

She has a few decent options on an opponents wake up though but it's basically meaty into either frametrap or throw.
Lol what? Her damage is GREAT coming from a meterless hitconfirming frame trap, with a bar it's even better and with CA it's just nuts.
I think you can say anyone who doesn't have a command grab has no mix-ups then? Strike/throw/shimmy is a legit mix-up that everyone has and she is good at using that.

Strike/throw is literally the same everyone else has other than grapplers...

Lol what? Her damage is GREAT coming from a meterless hitconfirming frame trap, with a bar it's even better and with CA it's just nuts.
I think you can say anyone who doesn't have a command grab has no mix-ups then? Strike/throw/shimmy is a legit mix-up that everyone has and she is good at using that.

Strike/throw is literally the same everyone else has other than grapplers...
her damage isn't great it's pretty good but it's far from the best. She gets like 200 off of a jab hit confirm when she does double tenko, a little less to keep the setup after. As for her ca you don't wanna jab confirm into it but yeah it's pretty good damage. I didn't say her damage was bad but it's certainly not Ryu level.

As for her mixups they're all unsafe and punished by the same basic method. Her mixups are minimal. Throw/shimmy/strike is the bare minimum that every character has. Her oh is low dmg and minus 4 on a 22 frame startup and all of her specials are unsafe except for orochi and ex tenko. Her block strings are all basic, if you block the first hit and know her frametraps you shouldn't be in too much danger when she's close. Other characters have stronger mixup and pressure options. what they don't have(except for chun) is her godlike neutral.

She's a great character but she's not God tier. She might not even be top 5. I'd put bison, Nash, chun, Ryu, sim, Necalli, and vega are at least the same level as her.

If you're losing to Karin it's because of one of two things. You either don't know the matchup or you got outplayed. She has literally no dirt.

Last edited:

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
Hey Guys, Just wondering your opinions on this tier list. Now that the game has been out for a month and a half, I think this is a pretty accurate tier list as of now.

God Tier:

Nash
Karin
M. Bison
Chun Li

Tier 1:

Rashid
Birdie
Dhalsim
Vega
Ryu
Ken

Tier 2:

R. Mika
Necalli
Cammy
Alex

Dumpster Tier:

Laura
Fang
Zangief
Rashid and vega higher than Necalli? *throws phone in toilet*

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
her damage isn't great it's pretty good but it's far from the best. She gets like 200 off of a jab hit confirm when she does double tenko, a little less to keep the setup after. As for her ca you don't wanna jab confirm into it but yeah it's pretty good damage. I didn't say her damage was bad but it's certainly not Ryu level.

As for her mixups they're all unsafe and punished by the same basic method. Her mixups are minimal. Throw/shimmy/strike is the bare minimum that every character has. Her oh is low dmg and minus 4 on a 22 frame startup and all of her specials are unsafe except for orochi and ex tenko. Her block strings are all basic, if you block the first hit and know her frametraps you shouldn't be in too much danger when she's close. Other characters have stronger mixup and pressure options. what they don't have(except for chun) is her godlike neutral.

She's a great character but she's not God tier. She might not even be top 5. I'd put bison, Nash, chun, Ryu, sim, Necalli, and vega are at least the same level as her.

If you're losing to Karin it's because of one of two things. You either don't know the matchup or you got outplayed. She has literally no dirt.
Her meterless damage is pretty good, it might not be on Ryu's level but who cares? She gets very good damage.
WYM? She has a looot of ways of confirming into CA and all of them do great damage. Well, you keep bringing up her mix-ups being "unsafe"? If by unsafe you mean getting punished for guessing wrong, then that applies to literally every single character, all overheads are 20F or slower, but the fact that you have a pseudo-safe one is an option itself. Most of her specials being unsafe is not such a big deal since she has amazing normals and she can hit confirm it, there is literally no reason to even use an unsafe special on block.
Her frame traps are just like everyone else's, the only characters with more threatening frame traps are grapplers but they are all slow and most have a bad neutral game so they should be rewarded for breaking your defense.

I don't agree with having god tiers unless someone really dominates the rest of the cast, which is not the case in SFV. How is Bison better than Karin? Real talk... His AAs are worse than hers, he has good frame traps but he has like no way of opening you up unless it's off a close jump in because of his bad walkspeed, he doesn't have the standard walk up throw/strike/shimmy mindgame, his only way of connecting a throw is off a close jump in, on knockdown and if he dashes but dashing in is not a good idea against good players, specially with such an easily reactable dash like his. His damage is great but I don't see him in the top 5 honestly.
She has all the tools anyone could ask for:
*Good walkspeed
*Great mid range pokes
*Great footsie tools
*Hitconfirms
*3F jab
*Reversal
*Anti-fireball moves
*Damage
*light confirms (getting good damage off a light is something only a few characters have)
*Overhead
*Mix-ups

Her only "downside" as I mentioned before might be that she doesn't have the best AAs but even then she is not hopeless against jump ins at all, and when in doubt she can always use EX Ressenha so I don't see why she wouldn't be a top 5 contender at the veeeery least (IMO she is a guaranteed top 5 character)

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Her meterless damage is pretty good, it might not be on Ryu's level but who cares? She gets very good damage.
WYM? She has a looot of ways of confirming into CA and all of them do great damage. Well, you keep bringing up her mix-ups being "unsafe"? If by unsafe you mean getting punished for guessing wrong, then that applies to literally every single character, all overheads are 20F or slower, but the fact that you have a pseudo-safe one is an option itself. Most of her specials being unsafe is not such a big deal since she has amazing normals and she can hit confirm it, there is literally no reason to even use an unsafe special on block.
Her frame traps are just like everyone else's, the only characters with more threatening frame traps are grapplers but they are all slow and most have a bad neutral game so they should be rewarded for breaking your defense.

I don't agree with having god tiers unless someone really dominates the rest of the cast, which is not the case in SFV. How is Bison better than Karin? Real talk... His AAs are worse than hers, he has good frame traps but he has like no way of opening you up unless it's off a close jump in because of his bad walkspeed, he doesn't have the standard walk up throw/strike/shimmy mindgame, his only way of connecting a throw is off a close jump in, on knockdown and if he dashes but dashing in is not a good idea against good players, specially with such an easily reactable dash like his. His damage is great but I don't see him in the top 5 honestly.
She has all the tools anyone could ask for:
*Good walkspeed
*Great mid range pokes
*Great footsie tools
*Hitconfirms
*3F jab
*Reversal
*Anti-fireball moves
*Damage
*light confirms (getting good damage off a light is something only a few characters have)
*Overhead
*Mix-ups

Her only "downside" as I mentioned before might be that she doesn't have the best AAs but even then she is not hopeless against jump ins at all, and when in doubt she can always use EX Ressenha so I don't see why she wouldn't be a top 5 contender at the veeeery least (IMO she is a guaranteed top 5 character)
bipsons crHP is a gdlk anti air lol Detroit Ballin never lets a jumpin hit

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
This is not my tier iist guys and I don't go to SRK. Don't be mad at me. I knew this tier list would piss people off which is why I posted it. I happen to disagree with a few of the characters placings which is why I said "pretty accurate" but this thread has served its purpose. Didn't think it would reach near 100 replies. Thanks guys. lol

Last edited:
I said it many times Nash ain't top tier, even Infiltration the best SFV player right now has stated Nash is mid tier at its best at the current balance.
Nash has just way too many bad match ups to be top tier after all

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I said it many times Nash ain't top tier, even Infiltration the best SFV player right now has stated Nash is mid tier at its best at the current balance.
Nash has just way too many bad match ups to be top tier after all
No offense but you found out how to adjust your wake-up timing just this week. Your opinion is highly sceptical as is the opinion of the guy in this thread that uses Karin yet doesn't know Ex Ressenha is invincible

Last edited:
No, take Nash's EX kicks as an example, I can meaty him all day because it's only upper body invincible, which means that it's invincible against jump ins but any grounded move will hit him out of it.

I'm testimg it right now and she is beating my lows off frame traps, while I'm hitting Nash clean out of EX Sonic Scythe (which is upper body invincible only) or whatever the name of that move is.
I tested it too. On wakeup it beats any meaty I throw and any low. I get poked out of trying to use wakeup EX ressenha all the time, but I attribute that to me be bad and timing it wrong. It's not a mashable move like a DP is.

Sonic scythe starts up slower. EX version is only one frame slower though.

It's kinda weird. It says it's only upper body invincible but it may as well just be invincible. While you can frame trap her and then hit her with a low during the startup, after the 5 start up frames the low will probably just wiff and get you hit anyway.

Last edited:
bipsons crHP is a gdlk anti air lol Detroit Ballin never lets a jumpin hit
Its terrible. Only really good vs the most obvious, telegraphed jumpins from jump distance. Its worthless vs crossups and anyone who jumps in at an odd angle and if you're not reading the jumpin and just reacting its probably going to trade with Cr. Hp.