What's new

RankedBoost Tier List. Opinions??

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Laura is definitely good if she can get in and make one or two right reads. If she does, she can drain your whole life bar. I think the fact that no top players are playing her speaks volumes as to where her standing is on the tier list. Justin Wong even said she's a gambler so by that definition she can not be any higher than tier 1.
I agree. I've actually picked Laura up myself a while ago, and I definitely do see her potential as an in-your-face character, that's why I would put her in Tier 2 instead of Dumpster tier tbh. If she doesn't get in it does suck (she can't do much unless she's at footsies distance/face-to-face) which is why I wouldn't put her above tier 2 (tier 1 at best, def not god tier), but if she does get in, she hits hard.

Her only "downside" is that her AA's aren't the best and if you see Justin play her you can see that she can space her AA's right, NJK and use EX Ressenha, still not the best but she does have options in the only aspect she kinda has a "downside" in. She has good meterless, 1 bar and CA damage, hit confirm, some of the best normals in the game, a revesal, 3F jab, a looot of ways around projectiles and a good throw.
I agree with all the strengths you listed; Karin has actually been my main since the beta so I def know she's really good haha. As for AA's, I use s.HP as an AA and I'm usually pretty good at spacing it so it functions its purpose as an anti-air, but IMO even with that I still do believe they're not the best (but they are still options though don't get me wrong). But to be honest, in addition to having not-the-greatest AA's, I would also list being one of the characters with the lowest health in the game (900 health), being stunned easier (950 stun) and all her special moves being punishable (except qcb LK and Orochi) as downsides too.

Also, while I do think the strengths outweigh the weaknesses overall, I don't think it's so much to the point that she should be called god tier. I think Tier 1 would be a pretty fair spot to put her in

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree. I've actually picked Laura up myself a while ago, and I definitely do see her potential as an in-your-face character, that's why I would put her in Tier 2 instead of Dumpster tier tbh. If she doesn't get in it does suck (she can't do much unless she's at footsies distance/face-to-face) which is why I wouldn't put her above tier 2 (tier 1 at best, def not god tier), but if she does get in, she hits hard.

I agree with all the strengths you listed; Karin has actually been my main since the beta so I def know she's really good haha. As for AA's, I use s.HP as an AA and I'm usually pretty good at spacing it so it functions its purpose as an anti-air, but IMO even with that I still do believe they're not the best (but they are still options though don't get me wrong). But to be honest, in addition to having not-the-greatest AA's, I would also list being one of the characters with the lowest health in the game (900 health), being stunned easier (950 stun) and all her special moves being punishable (except qcb LK and Orochi) as downsides too.

Also, while I do think the strengths outweigh the weaknesses overall, I don't think it's so much to the point that she should be called god tier. I think Tier 1 would be a pretty fair spot to put her in
Oh well... Yeah! I forgot her health and stun being lower but I don't think her specials being punisheable is a weakness since she has good hitconfirms that means she doesn't have to use a punisheable special on block. Yeah, I think Karin and Cammy are kinda on the same level (tier 1)

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
F.A.N.G is where he belongs. What's up with Rashid being placed so high? I don't hear anything positive about that character.

Compresssed tiers my ass. You are only able to win with bad characters in this game because the offense is flowchart and there's very little most can do about it

see, notice how my points are relevant to your skill level and you have to pull out random reasons you don't like me as a defense lol
Your points are about as relevent as your rq videos.

As for having problems with AA on reaction with Bison that just shows how little you know about the character and SF in general.

You should stick to SFV ranked where you belong and sorry i never thanked you for helping me study KL's nerfed J2 in the beta, but ill be happy to #destroy you with my main Shinnok anytime.

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
Laura is a Character with high risk high reward...and I do believe her to be a A- in the tier list.
Her weakness? not having meter and V-trigger against a Zonning character and a Rushdown,she gets two unsafe special moves one unsafe overhead normal,some risky and unsafe command throws...just footsie and a very small window to punish

Her only "downside" is that her AA's aren't the best and if you see Justin play her you can see that she can space her AA's right, NJK and use EX Ressenha, still not the best but she does have options in the only aspect she kinda has a "downside" in. She has good meterless, 1 bar and CA damage, hit confirm, some of the best normals in the game, a revesal, 3F jab, a looot of ways around projectiles and a good throw.
She doesn't have a reversal outside of v reversal unless you count c.lp. Ex Ressenha is a 5 frame startup for one bar that has no invincibility frames. EX Ressenha can sometimes get stuffed or trade when used to AA. You can't even use it as a "reversal" unless your opponent is more than -5, at which point you're not reversing, you're just punishing.

Standing HP into a command dash mixup is really good AA but it's super situational as is C.HP. Neither of them work unless the spacing is perfect. same goes for standing jab, which is her only other AA option.

She has great normals, great mobility, good mixups, and really good damage. The reason why she's not top tier is because there are characters that also have all of those things but have invincible meterless 3 fram reversals and better meterless anti air. Like Cammy.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
She doesn't have a reversal outside of v reversal unless you count c.lp. Ex Ressenha is a 5 frame startup for one bar that has no invincibility frames. EX Ressenha can sometimes get stuffed or trade when used to AA. You can't even use it as a "reversal" unless your opponent is more than -5, at which point you're not reversing, you're just punishing.

Standing HP into a command dash mixup is really good AA but it's super situational as is C.HP. Neither of them work unless the spacing is perfect. same goes for standing jab, which is her only other AA option.

She has great normals, great mobility, good mixups, and really good damage. The reason why she's not top tier is because there are characters that also have all of those things but have invincible meterless 3 fram reversals and better meterless anti air. Like Cammy.
I think Karin is better than Cammy and what exactly lead you to believe that Ex Ressenha has no invincibility?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

What? EX ressenha always blows up my meaties that beat 3F jabs, I'm pretty sure it has invincibility. Any proof about it not having inv?

Also she is definitely top tier, Nash doesn't have reversal nor 3F jab and he is top 5 lol.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
@Sultani I tested it righte now, it does have invincibility. I am beating 3F jabs clean but not EX Ressenha. What made you think it doesn't have invincibility?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
@Sultani I tested it righte now, it does have invincibility. I am beating 3F jabs clean but not EX Ressenha. What made you think it doesn't have invincibility?
He thinks that because it's a 5f reversal that it takes five frames for the attack to become invincible. I wish reversals worked like that so everyone could feel what it's like to have no options on knockdown like F.A.N.G

Flurry22

BFGC | Station
I wouldn't call it dumpster tier. More like Tier 2.5! this game is very well balanced and every character is vialable

What? EX ressenha always blows up my meaties that beat 3F jabs, I'm pretty sure it has invincibility. Any proof about it not having inv?

Also she is definitely top tier, Nash doesn't have reversal nor 3F jab and he is top 5 lol.
Nash also has a ridiculously good dash, really high damage, good mixups with V skill, good normals, 6 normal that are plus, and plus on block specials.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Nash also has a ridiculously good dash, really high damage, good mixups with V skill, good normals, 6 normal that are plus, and plus on block specials.
Exactly, Karin is also exactly like Cammy but her reversal costs a bar of meter, her AAs aren't as good, Karin's damage is better than Cammy's, Karin has an overhead and i am pretty sure Karin's st. Mk has sliiiightly more range than Cammy's and Ressenha goes through projectiles while Cammy has to spend a bar of meter to get projectile invincible moves mostly other than V-skill but it's oretty meh. Karin only has to use meter for her reversal and she uses her CA very often.

I don't see Karin anywhere outside top 5 lol.