What's new

RankedBoost Tier List. Opinions??

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
IMO Chun Li is still the best, but i can see my opinion changed in a second... His parry is a loooot of still unexplored potential.
Exactly. People say if someone ever masters his parry, he'll be the best no question. Chun Li is OD though. I can't believe Capcom literally gave her everything in this game. Does she even have a weakness?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
You mean like how no one cares about your videos, fucboi attitude or you getting banned or clogging the foums with "da god". Do you really think you have more to contribute than me or even myleswright?
see, notice how my points are relevant to your skill level and you have to pull out random reasons you don't like me as a defense lol

finish bison's trials and we'll talk

I like you dude. I think you're entertaining at times, but saying someone shouldn't have an opinion or they're not credible is just rude.
he's passing off final judgement on a character based off his rich understanding of sfv like his lack of ability to air to air in reaction lol. all he does is constantly complain. i'm sure you guys are cool but coming from someone who has more experience, he just sounds like a scrub and ive played him in mkx during the beta, he couldnt get a game off me so there's also that

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Yeah, everytime I see Sonic use him, I think he's top, but obviously that's just Sonic making him look as good as he does. I'm pretty sure he's hell for some characters for sure.
I actually haven't seen sonic user him, fang is just my main and I don't see any real weaknesses to the character other than getting completely Shat on by Laura

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
see, notice how my points are relevant to your skill level and you have to pull out random reasons you don't like me as a defense lol

he's passing off final judgement on a character based off his rich understanding of sfv like his lack of ability to air to air in reaction lol. all he does is constantly complain. i'm sure you guys are cool but coming from someone who has more experience, he just sounds like a scrub and ive played him in mkx during the beta, he couldnt get a game off me so there's also that
Ok. Well, obviously you guys don't like each other, but it's whatever man. I have no problems with you besides what you said about used. According to Sun and Used, Srk thinks he sucks too so there's that.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I actually haven't seen sonic user him, fang is just my main and I don't see any real weaknesses to the character other than getting completely Shat on by Laura
You're missing out dude. Check out Sonic's Fang. I'm sure there is some stuff you can add to your game by watching him. Also, Floe's Fang is really good, but Floe is good with everyone. Check his Fang as well.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
He doesn't get shat on by Laura. Keep her out, EX ground poison when she has meter (her meterbuilding in this MU is quiet low btw), use his fireballs and he has better normals. Once she is in she can either guess right a lot of times in a row and take your whole life bar of guess wrong once and lose all her momentum but that applies to anyone without a reversal because she can go ham.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
You're missing out dude. Check out Sonic's Fang. I'm sure there is some stuff you can add to your game by watching him. Also, Floe's Fang is really good, but Floe is good with everyone. Check his Fang as well.
I didn't know Floe still played fighters

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I didn't know Floe still played fighters
Not at tournaments anymore, but he plays casually and on his stream. People say he's extremely good in this game so hopefully he'll make a comeback. When I was watching him and Justin Wong play, they were pretty much going back and forth.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't know enough to order a whole list, but I don't think Nash is top tier like that, Just really good. I think Necalli is a hidden gem right now. And I hate the exageration on how bad F.A.N.G and Zangief are. Not that your explicitly doing that but it just seems like the general consensus is that their god awful when I feel like they're both good just not as good as everyone else. I mean a character like Gief can't be top tier without being broken. I hope F.A.N.G doesn't end up that way though.

I think F.A.N.G is a decent character but you have to be on point with everything you do. F.A.N.G could probably use a poison damage buff and if they don't remove the grab OS against him hopefully he gets a throw invuln move too. SonicFox is ok but that's mostly him being good at fighters and not actually his F.A.N.G. He still has YOLO moments and does some unsafe/wrong things. I think Xian might have the best F.A.N.G I've seen in a tournament. Xian is a super careful player and I've definitely picked up a few things from watching him.

Please specify which air normal you're talking about. Not trying to nitpick but saying j.lk (or whatever jumping normal you're talking about) is more helpful than "NJK" since that could mean 3 different normals.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't know enough to order a whole list, but I don't think Nash is top tier like that, Just really good. I think Necalli is a hidden gem right now. And I hate the exageration on how bad F.A.N.G and Zangief are. Not that your explicitly doing that but it just seems like the general consensus is that their god awful when I feel like they're both good just not as good as everyone else. I mean a character like Gief can't be top tier without being broken. I hope F.A.N.G doesn't end up that way though.

I think F.A.N.G is a decent character but you have to be on point with everything you do. F.A.N.G could probably use a poison damage buff and if they don't remove the grab OS against him hopefully he gets a throw invuln move too. SonicFox is ok but that's mostly him being good at fighters and not actually his F.A.N.G. He still has YOLO moments and does some unsafe/wrong things. I think Xian might have the best F.A.N.G I've seen in a tournament. Xian is a super careful player and I've definitely picked up a few things from watching him.

Please specify which air normal you're talking about. Not trying to nitpick but saying j.lk (or whatever jumping normal you're talking about) is more helpful than "NJK" since that could mean 3 different normals.
NJ MK.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

hella flexing goin on in here lol

He does say stupid things, but i doubt you're very highly experienced in SF as well. What fighting games have you had a lot of exp in?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
hella flexing goin on in here lol

He does say stupid things, but i doubt you're very highly experienced in SF as well. What fighting games have you had a lot of exp in?
i'm done with the conversation here. dm me if it really keeps you up at night.

Since the first tier lists I believe Chun Li, bison,Nash, were always top 3, I think Bison definetely isn't top tier anymore. I've always seen Nash as super powerful although I think maybe in the near future maybe a Ryu can take top spot. Didn't top players in Japan think Nash wasn't top tier a few weeks ago?

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I think Ryu is top tier, maybe even top 1 because he has no ceiling in this game. Once you master parry, you're basically a tank. Pointless theory fighting though, because no one will parry everything, but it's a technical possibility.