What's new

random advantage bug project

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Just went and did some more with Sektor. I get the bug about 30% of the time on the 4 in the b34 string when both hits connect.

I still don't get the b1 or 11b1 anymore than once in a million. But it is there.
this is weird, are you making sure the first two hits are connecting in the 11,b+1 string? im getting that one 30-50% today, and the b+34 string isnt bugging at all.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
this is weird, are you making sure the first two hits are connecting in the 11,b+1 string? im getting that one 30-50% today, and the b+34 string isnt bugging at all.
I have the comp blocking low and the 11 whiff since I heard the bug only happens when you block low.

I get the b34 a lot and the b1 like never... this is fucked up and really does a great job at describing inconsistencies.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
I have the comp blocking low and the 11 whiff since I heard the bug only happens when you block low.

I get the b34 a lot and the b1 like never... this is fucked up and really does a great job at describing inconsistencies.

i got ya, yea b+1 is very rare but if you choose a character like raiden with the higher hitbox or make sure your close enough to whatever character for the 11 to hit you should see a difference in how often.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Osu 16 Bit

think i may of found someting with rakas 1,2
its meant to be -6 but on crouch block the 1 whiff before the 2 hits and sometimes i was jumping before my opp even though im meant to be -6,not even neutral

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Osu 16 Bit

think i may of found someting with rakas 1,2
its meant to be -6 but on crouch block the 1 whiff before the 2 hits and sometimes i was jumping before my opp even though im meant to be -6,not even neutral
false alarm :oops:
i havnt been able to find anything else in my testing

Zoidberg747 you havnt found anything by chance?
if not i think raka might be clean of the bug

Death

Noob
Has Sonyas F+4 on block ever been tested? I feel like alot of times I get people with strings after its blocked. Mainly 114 or 21.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok. I can't get Noob's slide to work. Can anyone else?

Seapeople

This one's for you
I really don't think Noob's slide would be random advantage. It's normally -21 and I think every move that gives random adv is normally neutral. Doesn't really make sense

Espio

Kokomo
Something else I keep observing since we've all been doning these tests, sometimes certain moves will hit crouching and sometimes they don't, like Jade's 2 seems to sometimes hit crouching opponents, while other times it doesn't. Shouldn't it always either not hit crouching opponents or hit them?

I noticed this with Stryker's baton twirl(back 2) as well.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Something else I keep observing since we've all been doning these tests, sometimes certain moves will hit crouching and sometimes they don't, like Jade's 2 seems to sometimes hit crouching opponents, while other times it doesn't. Shouldn't it always either not hit crouching opponents or hit them?

Would it have to do with high/low hitbox characters? They were talking about certain moves not working on certain crouching characters back when the game first came out. This sounds similar to that.

Seapeople

This one's for you

Yeah, the characters hitboxes move slightly up & down. I've noticed it especially with Johnny Cage and Reptile. Hitbox design and blocking design were the biggest flaws in MK9 I think.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

This happens to a lot of chars with a lot of moves and it happens mostly when the opponent is crouching without blocking. Some chars have movements while crouching and their hitboxes, it seems, are moving as well. You will not notice this happening when they are blocking low cause they stand still.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

I was playing with that the other day. It's an enigma. The hit detection seems to be space/random it's weird.

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks for all the replies guys, for a while I thought I was doing something wrong, it's good to know that the hit boxes and hit detection seems to move and is a bit random.

Would it have to do with high/low hitbox characters? They were talking about certain moves not working on certain crouching characters back when the game first came out. This sounds similar to that.
That's a good observation. I tried it on Sub-Zero and Baraka (I'm not sure how big or small their hitboxes are, but I tried them cause I thought their hitboxes were average instead of being small like Mileena's or big like Kenshi's or Sheeva's.

I'll probably try some more in the future.

Yeah, the characters hitboxes move slightly up & down. I've noticed it especially with Johnny Cage and Reptile. Hitbox design and blocking design were the biggest flaws in MK9 I think.
Thanks, that actually makes perfect sense for the inconsistencies, I always just thought maybe I performed some of my combos wrong or at diff. ranges as the reason for some stuff whiffing,but doing the same ones in repetition up close is the only reason why I finally questioned it, that's a shame indeed, makes some combos very unreliable. This is great all this info is coming out and we can get all these bugs and other issues ironed out before MK10 comes around in a couple years.

I really don't think Noob's slide would be random advantage. It's normally -21 and I think every move that gives random adv is normally neutral. Doesn't really make sense
it happens, but i guess calling it a random 'advantage' in this case wouldn't be right, it goes from -21 to something less negative. this one probably matters the least.

Somberness

Lights
The random advantage is a little overblown. It's about 50% if you are holding any button, say, trying to jump or poke back after you block it in crouch. But, you can cancel out of the extra animation if you are trying to attack, so it is really only a problem if you are trying to jump out. It's bad, but not that bad. The "input bug" is much worse than this.