What's new

random advantage bug project

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
am going away on 3 day trip with the mrs tomorrow, will do raka on my return (if some other tarkatan has not done it before)

crud im going to have alot of testing to do with making 1st or 2nd hits whiff aswell with so many raka normals :confused:

God this game is beyond broken.... Seriously though. I do think however the community will explode in mk10 considering all these bugs will get fixed. YAY cant wait

Vulcan Hades

Warrior
I'll take Stryker when I get from from school tomorrow and report back unless one of our other officers takes him.
Thanks man.

I would gladly help but I'm working on other stuff and it's taking longer than I thought.

I hope NRS has at least learned from the mistakes they did in this game and don't repeat the same errors for UMK9/MK10.

Espio

Kokomo
Osu 16 Bit I did Stryker's and I used Jade, does it matter if the character has a big or small hit box? Or is the character used irrelevant? I don't think it matters, but if it does I can re-test, which I might do anyway tomorrow.

Thanks man.

I would gladly help but I'm working on other stuff and it's taking longer than I thought.

I hope NRS has at least learned from the mistakes they did in this game and don't repeat the same errors for UMK9/MK10.
Not a problem and I just tested it because I can't sleep lol. I did 15 tries for each of his strings + I tried 1,1, roll toss to see if there was advantage and from my tries, it appears Stryker doesn't have the random advantage bug, but I did notice something odd about his baton twirl( back 2) it appears that sometimes it hits crouching opponents and other times it does not, interesting.

According to Prinzmetal jade's 4f3 has random advantage.
I just tried pole cat (4 forward 3) 20 times on Stryker and I didn't see it work for me, not saying he's wrong though. I'll have to try this again tomorrow in addition to the Stryker stuff.

Second hit of Jade's 3,4 string gives random +9.
This is for her Betrayal string right? (3,4,2)?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
God this game is beyond broken.... Seriously though. I do think however the community will explode in mk10 considering all these bugs will get fixed. YAY cant wait
That's... quite the assumption.

Too tired to check more tonight; hopefully I can go through a few movesets tomorrow.

That's... quite the assumption.

Too tired to check more tonight; hopefully I can go through a few movesets tomorrow.
Dude you dont know how many droped this game BECAUSE of the glitches, I know over 10 people dropped this game because of the glitches and the randomness alone in Florida. Not considering famous players like PL, Jop, eric warda said that they have been inactive because of these reasons. Even Sabin and Chris g said that they cant take this game seriously.

Without these random glitches, we definatly have more players. And that will be mk10 (hopefully), plus since mk9 is a good game it will build into the legacy like MVC.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Dude you dont know how many droped this game BECAUSE of the glitches, I know over 10 people dropped this game because of the glitches and the randomness alone in Florida. Not considering famous players like PL, Jop, eric warda said that they have been inactive because of these reasons. Even Sabin and Chris g said that they cant take this game seriously.

Without these random glitches, we definatly have more players. And that will be mk10, plus since mk9 is a good game it will build into the legacy like MVC.
I meant, it was quite the assumption that NRS will not fuck up the next game.

Espio

Kokomo
Oh he was trolling? Went completely over my head lol. I went and tested it and didn't see it happen to me haha.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok, confirmed and added Mileena and Cyrax.

Still cannot get Skarlet f+3 to glitch or Jade's.

Espio

Kokomo
Hey 16 Bit, I just did a more extensive go through where I did individual hits on Stryker's strings and the second hit of Stryker's jab(1) in his 1,1,4 (Dispatched) has random advantage. The full string doesn't have this problem, just the second jab.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
So how's this coming along? I rechecked Cage and only the F3 has it, but haven't done any others. Who is left?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So how's this coming along? I rechecked Cage and only the F3 has it, but haven't done any others. Who is left?

First page is fully updated. Except for Jade's which I still haven't been able to see. So most of the cast still..

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Just went and did some more with Sektor. I get the bug about 30% of the time on the 4 in the b34 string when both hits connect.

I still don't get the b1 or 11b1 anymore than once in a million. But it is there.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Perhaps you should update the first post with a "who's left" section. I'll be more inclined to pick my favorites ^^

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Using this method, I can't really test any of CSZ's high hitting stuff, but the ones that do hit have been tested and there seems to be no bugs.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I meant, it was quite the assumption that NRS will not fuck up the next game.
Yeah, I'm for MKvsSF at this point. Let the Capcom devs work on it, and have adequate beta testing outside of a mere 5 days. Stupid franchise, more concerned with CSZ's ass being leaked and the cast. Fucking dumb. Hell, Gotham City Impostors even had a public beta test, wtf WB?

This game was rushed, nobody can debate that anymore.

greeneless

Mortal
Yeah, I'm for MKvsSF at this point. Let the Capcom devs work on it, and have adequate beta testing outside of a mere 5 days. Stupid franchise, more concerned with CSZ's ass being leaked and the cast. Fucking dumb. Hell, Gotham City Impostors even had a public beta test, wtf WB?

This game was rushed, nobody can debate that anymore.
I don't think it was rushed, I think that NRS fully believes they did a good job. Look at the difference in Mk9 release and SC5 release. Seems to me the makers of SC know how to play their own game. So, they make a trainer that teaches you to play it correctly and release a full set of frame data with frame advantage in their guide. Sorry for debating the undebatable, but for the most part I agree with you.

This bug, like the input bug, simply cannot be random. There must be some circumstances by which to replicate the advantage that we haven't figured out yet. If it's actually random, then NRS probably set some of their scripts to behave inconsistently on purpose just to fuck with us.

You ask us for buffs? We'll show you.

Death

Warrior
I wonder if Sonya has anything. Id need to test her F+4 on block. I feel like alot of times I get them with 114 right after.