What's new

random advantage bug project

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok Steve, so I couldn't get it either with Jade or Skarlet, but for Scorpion's 334, if only the last hit connects(or the 1st and last, since those can hit but the 2nd can whiff) you will get the stand up.
Interesting. I'm gonna recheck Kitana, trying to do only the last hits of strings.

Everyone follow Soonk's posts. Try EX moves, try having other hits whiff.

I tried Skarlet f+3 a million times and never saw it. So unless we get more sightings I can't add it.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Interesting. I'm gonna recheck Kitana, trying to do only the last hits of strings.

Everyone follow Soonk's posts. Try EX moves, try having other hits whiff.

I tried Skarlet f+3 a million times and never saw it. So unless we get more sightings I can't add it.
Have Slips recheck Scorpion if he doesn't mind. I'll recheck SZ and then gotta head out. I'll test more when I get back from GGA.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Kenshi DEFINITELY has one on the string 111, but it appears like only if the last 2, or all 3 hits connect.
Have yet to find it on anything else. Will double check all other options soon.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No others for Kitana. Was hoping for f+2(whiff),1 having it.

I'll check Sheeva today. So since random advantage only happens on ducking (are we sure about this?), there is no need to test high attacks for random advantage?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Just did 30 tests for Sektor's b1 (11b1) and 0 of the times did I get the block advantage bug. I would like to dis-confirm this for Sektor.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Both b+1 and 1,1,b+1 happen somewhere between the 50/50 frequency of Jax or Cage's and the one in a million of Kano choke.

Creepy00

Mortal
Cyblax 22 gives random advantage from my testing.
Will try cyrax to see if there are any differences.

Edit: Cyrax 22 does as well give frame advantage.

Altaire

Dojo Trainee
Does that mean you were testing on a standing opponent? If so, and if you're right, that means there is a completely separate issue regarding strings and standing block. So far with the ones we know(Cage and Jax) Somberness has confirmed they only work on crouch block. IDK if you have already, but perhaps you should try collaborating with Somberness to see if he can replicate the random advantage with your strings on standing opponents.
Yup. I've actually never tested this with crouch block. As I said, I always just tested advantage by setting the opponent to jump+block, pausing and removing their block setting as soon as the hit connects, and then just holding up. If there's any difference in recovery time, one of us will jump sooner. I find this is the most consistent method to test frame advantage without a capture card or some other external reference point. I've noticed it with quite a few strings, actually, but I can't recall anything else off-hand. Sektor's F2 might be one, but I can't remember.

I think we really ought to test this with disadvantage strings, too. For all we know, they could be safer at random due to the random advantage bug.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Ok, Want to see how broken this is with Skarlet?

Out of 10 attempts the 1,1,2 string:

1,1,2 - 7/10 tries resulted in the random frame advantage.

F3 -3/10 attempts

F4,3- (this string is kind of a non factor due to how far back skarlet is pushed but still - 5/10