What's new

Guide Rain Guide

Husteen

Noob.
excellent guide. i think this is the only rain guide on the internet but the coverage is still great! along with official info, like frame data, it will be even better.

i think it would be nice to add that rain's water blast is considered a projectile in the game so it's dodged by jade's shadow and even parried! :( but his lightning isn't.

what do you mean by lightning auto correcting the opponent?

excellent guide. i think this is the only rain guide on the internet but the coverage is still great! along with official info, like frame data, it will be even better.

i think it would be nice to add that rain's water blast is considered a projectile in the game so it's dodged by jade's shadow and even parried! :( but his lightning isn't.

I think Rains projectile should be able to reflect back (Kenshi/NW), that would just be cool.

Husteen

Noob.
i think it can only be absorbed because reflecting rain's water bubble wouldn't really be anti zoning. i think it's too much responsibility for kenshi to have a reflect anyways. he can hit you from full screen but doesn't have projectiles! :rant2:

mixup

It's not using it in combos that's the main concern. In fact, using it in combos is a pretty bad idea, since it doesn't even work if you try to (Unless you're using the EX roundhouse cancel). The roundhouse cancel by itself is not that good...very easy to stuff, and gets you hit with anything if you guess wrong on what to do after the cancel. When it is good, is when you start just letting roundhouses fly. People let go of block, then get tagged hard for 30%. They'll start wanting to block more if they see roundhouse, which allows you to come in and do whatever you want to do to pressure. There's also the fact that because it can be cancelled into any special, if opponents try to crossup, they can get hit by a geyser kick. And because it can be let go at any time, you can stay in the stance for a moment, then let it go, if you catch someone trying to react late. There's a huge mindgame around when roundhouse stance is entered.

b2 mixups are fuzzy guarded easily because the overhead option comes out very slow. So slow, that even fuzzy guard is not necessary. Just blocking low is all you need to do.
why not B2 into rh cancel? and then grab or let go off rh cancel and go with the kick, you would have yourself a grab, low and mid mixup.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

If the opponent is a certain height from the ground when the lightning hits, they will always get launched in the air at the same speed no matter how close to the end of a combo you do it.

Husteen

Noob.
I'm going to edit the guide a little bit because it's missing some information.
cool. other than this guide, rain info is limited to CD jr videos and maybe what tom brady knows about him.

EDIT: could you please make a change log of some sort? :)

cool. other than this guide, rain info is limited to CD jr videos and maybe what tom brady knows about him.

EDIT: could you please make a change log of some sort? :)
The only change Rain has had is increased range on d+3 i believe.

EDIT: Edited the descriptions for the normal moves and some of the specials.

Going to edit more (or just create a new one IDK yet) but I got school work to do so this isn't a top priority till the weekend haha.

BookBurning

Voidwards
I wasn't aware Rain even got a change. I guess we can take what we can get though; he is one of the most balanced characters in the game in my opinion, so I'm not surprised. :)

Husteen

Noob.
i gotta ask because people are saying different things...
did rain get:
1) increased range on D3
or
2) increased speed of D3
???

UsedForGlue

Yea i am. I apologize if it bothers you. There was some information that I wanted to add and correct if necessary. It's a good guide but I felt that it needed to be updated.
Yes it does bother me. And it should.

Before I even get into semantics about the fact that I have spent allot of time and effort on putting this guide together, and have updated posts on anything people suggested and have first tested, then posted into my guide in an update, even if you disregard all that, the fact is, my posts have been edited behind my back, without any permisson, and I was not even notified that was going to happen.

Even as a moderator, you don't have the right to go editing my posts like that, this isn't yours to edit at will, and if that is the case, I want all my posts removed and I will delete account here, because this is not acceptable.

UsedForGlue

Allot of time has went into this guide, and allot of quality control into all the content. But a moderator has taken it upon himself to go and edit it without any permission or consideration for the person who first posted it.

I personally read all recommendations from everyone who posts, then test it myself, then update it in the guide. But even after all the time spent and hard work over months and months, it is being edited behind my back.

Il say it again, its not acceptable, in any shape or form.

I apologize for editing your guide with out your permission. It was wrong of me.

To add: You haven't updated it in a while and interpreted that as you not caring about the guide any more so I felt that it was ok to start editing it. Even when I felt that way I should have still contacted you about it.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
I have removed the guide until this is resolved by xZEPPELIx
Okay, really now? I agree that Zeppeli should have asked you if he could update your post. But he apologized, and you're acting like a five year old, quite frankly.

You are taking your guide and going home.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Allot of time has went into this guide, and allot of quality control into all the content. But a moderator has taken it upon himself to go and edit it without any permission or consideration for the person who first posted it.

I personally read all recommendations from everyone who posts, then test it myself, then update it in the guide. But even after all the time spent and hard work over months and months, it is being edited behind my back.

Il say it again, its not acceptable, in any shape or form.
All was done with good intentions, and at the end he apologized for editing the guide without asking you. Now if you're attitude is, "If its not me I'll delete it, or if its not me delete my account and I'm gone." Then you are an unreliable source for a guide.

Believe me when I tell you, anybody on this forum who takes their time to create a guide, update it, and test the character in order to have the most information for the character be seen by everybody, is doing something good in my book. And I thank you and all the other writers out there who have done so, however, I do feel you need to relax. There is no reason to remove the guide from the OP, unless of course you aren't trying to help people, rather just make sure you're the guy people know wrote it.

My advice to all parties who partook in this, is to discuss what is actually in the guide, what should stay or be changed. Otherwise, a community written guide simply will not work like this. There is simply no argument here, someone edited a guide to update it for everyone, the other person was naturally upset, the other person apologized and it ends there. No need to remove the guide, just put it back together, isn't this the point of a community written guide?

As the guide writer, you shouldn't be deleting information. You're the guide lead writer here, now please proceed. Unnecessary arguments bother me...

Husteen

Noob.
the only additions i noticed were if a move can be ducked or not.
still, you can't go wrong with asking. someone actually stole my rain guide word-for-word and posted it on another site without my permission, knowledge, or mention.

UsedForGlue

Okay, really now? I agree that Zeppeli should have asked you if he could update your post. But he apologized, and you're acting like a five year old, quite frankly.

You are taking your guide and going home.
Your assuming a lot. Have had no time, it will be up tomorrow.