What's new

Raiden Video: Blowing up the invincible teleport and interrupting strings

IKizzLE

BloodHound
For Kenshi you say?

Hmm

Speak of the devil can you please compare me kenshi's d1 to rain d1?

How do they compare in AA and cross over AA?
Well im not familiar with kenshi's d1, but if your familiar with smoke's d1, Rain's d1 is just like that.
If that helps lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well im not familiar with kenshi's d1, but if your familiar with smoke's d1, Rain's d1 is just like that.
If that helps lol.
Im having trouble using Kenshi's d1 the way you use rain's d1 and smoke players use his d1.

I just wanted players who I know can do it w their characters to see if its the same w Kenshi

That way it's my fault and not the game's or maybe his is different

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Fight my scorp and denzells sub and you will find out that cyber sub is no where near those chars when they are played right.
Scorp isnt necessarily a problem so far but sub zero is definitly a bitch to handle. I see csz being put over him but CSZ pressure and mobility far supercedes sub zeros. Now dont get me wrong sub zero is way better than people make him out to be and i am a firm believer of that, but CSZ being over them isnt rediculous, he just has more winning matchups than they do.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Really? Because like when I play against j360 I'm hoping he brings out his CSZ, because I know if he brings out his Sektor or his Cyrax or his Cyblax or his Quan Chi or the super secret character he's been working on, it's just gonna be completely free for him. If he plays CSZ I can at least win some games maybe.
Thats because liu kang rapes csz you bastard lol. When played right CSZ has very little options against Lulz kang

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Rain's d1 is borderline broken imo. The hitbox on that thing is plain dumb.
Not to mention traveling armor that disregards every other characters armor in the game.
I pulled him out offstream at FR to beat Wafflez cuz I was gonna lose if I picked Sektor.
I will be pulling him out at MLG for all the kabals, smokes, and kenshis.
How's the Rain vs Smoke match up?

Peckapowa, THTB already covered all the bases in his post. But if Rain is at a minor disadvantage (i.e., after d+3 hits), Cage still has to respect EX superkick.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
How's the Rain vs Smoke match up?

Peckapowa, THTB already covered all the bases in his post. But if Rain is at a minor disadvantage (i.e., after d+3 hits), Cage still has to respect EX superkick.
It's either even or 5.5 rain because of armor. All I know is its better than Sektor vs Smoke, and these are the only two characters I know how to play lol.

And when you initiate b2,1+2, Rain is airborne for the first move so it actually goes over smoke's d3 lol.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Im having trouble using Kenshi's d1 the way you use rain's d1 and smoke players use his d1.

I just wanted players who I know can do it w their characters to see if its the same w Kenshi

That way it's my fault and not the game's or maybe his is different
I thinking standing 1 is EVERYONE's best AA option. I only use rain's standing 1 now.
Don't need to tell you how braindead sektor's is lol.

I also just saw MITDJT using reptile's standing 1 to great success as well.

REO

Undead
I've been using Rain he came out and he is on a similar level to my sektor. I've been running hours upon hours of matches online with Detroits Kabal and he murders my sektor but rain does very well. You need to get on so I can try both matchups as well.
Send me an invite when I'm on and if I'm not playing anyone I'll gladly join. I use mainly Sonya and few others online, though.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I thinking standing 1 is EVERYONE's best AA option. I only use rain's standing 1 now.
very true most of the cast standing 1 is great for AAs.
sadly though baraka standing 1 is ass as AA, he has other options to make up for it but still.
never really tried mileena's 1 as AA to see what could get from it but sure fuck it i have roll

Scorp isnt necessarily a problem so far but sub zero is definitly a bitch to handle. I see csz being put over him but CSZ pressure and mobility far supercedes sub zeros. Now dont get me wrong sub zero is way better than people make him out to be and i am a firm believer of that, but CSZ being over them isnt rediculous, he just has more winning matchups than they do.
no offense to anyone who plays cyber sub, but as far as tournaments go in u.s.a and internationally, sub and scorp players have placed better than cyber subs. It's the player that matters, and as far as I know, cyber subs haven't really been doing too much recently. Pig used to play cyber sub in tournaments, but he replaced cyber sub with kenshi. Why? don't know I'd have to ask him but cyber subs main issues are: he moves slow, pokes aren't scary at all, parry can be low poked, and dive kick can be punished unless you do it very low to the ground. His highs are you can't jump at him much unless you use an empty jump, dive kick blows up projectiles, he has a safe 50 50, and he actually has good damage too and solid bomb traps if you get them off. But this is why tier list aren't very good because everyone has a different opinion. I think cyber sub shouldn't be above sub and scorp while others think he should and etc.

I also just saw MITDJT using reptile's standing 1 to great success as well.
agreed, standing 1 is the way to go with most of the cast as an AA. I used to just d4 when ppl jumped at me when playing reptile then I figured out standing 1 can be linked to forceball as an AA I started using it. I've see Reo use kabal's standing 1 a lil bit in some of his fights and it worked great.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
no offense to anyone who plays cyber sub, but as far as tournaments go in u.s.a and internationally, sub and scorp players have placed better than cyber subs. It's the player that matters, and as far as I know, cyber subs haven't really been doing too much recently. Pig used to play cyber sub in tournaments, but he replaced cyber sub with kenshi. Why? don't know I'd have to ask him but cyber subs main issues are: he moves slow, pokes aren't scary at all, parry can be low poked, and dive kick can be punished unless you do it very low to the ground. His highs are you can't jump at him much unless you use an empty jump, dive kick blows up projectiles, he has a safe 50 50, and he actually has good damage too and solid bomb traps if you get them off. But this is why tier list aren't very good because everyone has a different opinion. I think cyber sub shouldn't be above sub and scorp while others think he should and etc.
Your right about placing, but lets be honest here how many super high level CSZ players do we have? And no sub or scorpion place here on the east coast either. As a matter of fact the only sub that has placed above me is Brady, and thats with my shitty/mediocre placings of always being right outside of top 16 and my one top 8 placing. Hell even at MLG i placed higher than every sub and scorpion other than brady and i got 17th. Im not one to blindly defend my character either, i know his limitations but he is far from slow. His pokes arent fast but his mobility and block pressure do him justice. And correct me if im wrong Pig Of The Hut but i dont think you considered yourself a 100% CSZ player as ive always seen you cycle through characters in tournament. At the end of the day it is our opinions at work on these tier lists and i respect yours MIT, hell your brother gets the same shit for Sub Zero and he knows that character is no where near as bad as people say he is. so let me just leave at this, IF YOU THINK CSZ SUCKS THAN WE NEED TO FIGHT

Your right about placing, but lets be honest here how many super high level CSZ players do we have? And no sub or scorpion place here on the east coast either. As a matter of fact the only sub that has placed above me is Brady, and thats with my shitty/mediocre placings of always being right outside of top 16 and my one top 8 placing. Hell even at MLG i placed higher than every sub and scorpion other than brady and i got 17th. Im not one to blindly defend my character either, i know his limitations but he is far from slow. His pokes arent fast but his mobility and block pressure do him justice. And correct me if im wrong Pig Of The Hut but i dont think you considered yourself a 100% CSZ player as ive always seen you cycle through characters in tournament. At the end of the day it is our opinions at work on these tier lists and i respect yours MIT, hell your brother gets the same shit for Sub Zero and he knows that character is no where near as bad as people say he is. so let me just leave at this, IF YOU THINK CSZ SUCKS THAN WE NEED TO FIGHT
Same post by my bro except with sub lol yeah very true. You'll get in top 16 sooner or later most likely, this will lead to MLG anaheim where there will be west, east, south and midwest. It's going to be the most hyped and competitive mk9 tournament to date most likely.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
CSZ used to be my #2 behind Mileena, Now he is like #4-#5 but I prefer him in some MUs that may allow him to show himself at tourneys

Honestly, I picked CSZ on reo for two reasons. One being no kabal has beaten my CSZ other than Detroit's in a series and I did well on reo online w CSZ but well........we all know how that turned out.

I really like CSZ's rush down ability but he has major trouble w Sub and some others.

When he gets on you he comes a TICK on steroids

Rain, that character with safe super armor. Trying to poke out of his super kick cancels is risky cause he can get 40%+ easily. Then to top it off, he gets 40%+ off a 9f attack and just about everything he does is safe. Oh, and he has a full screen launcher that you have to watch out for in trades.

I'm baffled and just astonished that many are not using this character.

yeah but hes vulnerable to more than just pokes when he super kick cancels its a dirty guessing game but its not like rain is pressuring for an extended period of time

IKizzLE

BloodHound
yeah but hes vulnerable to more than just pokes when he super kick cancels its a dirty guessing game but its not like rain is pressuring for an extended period of time
Even if you do not cancel the super kick and just go into the roundhouse after 43, you can blown through by armor.

I'm starting to think Rain isn't as good as I though. :/