What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Sheeva v Mileena. How do you guys feel about this? Sheeva seems to take away all versions of tele kick with air throw. She can punish both a blocked roll and blocked tele for good damage. Is this a matchup that just isn't explored?

note: this is 17 pages... if this has been discussed by all means point me to it.

Owerbart

I miss you
Hello. Can anyone tell me what are the changes in the last patch? I think her grabs are way more quickier. Cheers.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Is it possible to tech a grab on wake up without using a wake up move? Was fighting this Sheeva today and every time she got the stomp on me, she would grab me on wake up and I was mashing buttons and couldn't tech it. So I started doing wake up upknee to get her the F off of me, but it only worked sometimes. Maybe I was messing up the wake up attack... idk.

Zangrief

Noob
Hey guys. Total noob trying to pick up Sheeva. The hardest thing for me so far is what to do up close when someone is applying pressure. I main Mileena and Sindel. They're both pretty quick so I have some options up close, but when someone is smacking my Sheeva around and I'm holding block, I feel lost. Seems like anything I do gets me blown up. Is down 3 my only option?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I just played a little Sheeva. My impression: She's a beast! So fun to play. Oh yeah, how does her low grab work?

I just played a little Sheeva. My impression: She's a beast! So fun to play. Oh yeah, how does her low grab work?
Her low grab works if your opponent is ducking. Unfortunately a lot of d4s and d3s it will whiff on which totally sucks. It also does not grab sweeps. A very disappointing move that is 20 frames until it grabs which gives opponents plenty of time to down poke out of it. Or even worse just stand up and give you a full combo just for attempting it.

peachyO

Noob
what GGA Jeremiah is correct; an awesome move with diappointing start-up time. there are a few ways to get foes to duck, however. they come with a degree of risk, but a 51% damage combo is worth it. try these methods:
1. use your f+3, either after blocking a wake-up attack or after a jump-in punch. if they don't block, follow with b3,f,3 or a simple 2. if they block, go for the low grab. using f+3 may be your best bet.

2. go for a low grab after a blocked 1, 2, b1 string if the opponent blocks low...it is really easy to land it this way. unfortunately, this situation will not occur very often.

3. use it to punish attacks that have a "d" input command as its final directional button press (for example, mileena's ground roll, or d1 or d3 pokes). again, rare situations, but take it where you can get it.

sheeva is indeed a beast...she just requires special handling just like any quality woman (or man) ; she's built for comfort, not for speed. it's all about timing with sheeva...when to use her unblockable teleport stomp and ground stomp, when to use meter to armor her b,f,b+3, etc. keep at it...she's fun and underrated.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah, the low grab is an awesome attack, but feels lacking of something. At the same time I feel that if it had more reach/faster start-up/bigger hitbox it would be really op. Just imagine...

peachyO

Noob
Damn her telestomp tag in is bugged that shit takes away the bar but does the standard 11% instead of the EX 15% :mad:
Sindel's scream tag assist as well; it's the pre patch speed. On its own it's way faster.
Espio
peachyO
yes, i noticed this; just more proof that NRS passed out before finishing this game. and while on the subject, why the hell does her jump stomp only do 11% damage anyway? in armageddon, it did 20%!! in this game , it should inflict 15% damage and it should be have the same hitbox that kabal's nomad dash has; if it touches you, you eat it. no neutral jump punch/kick escape crap. the EN version should take 19%, have armor ALL the way up and down, and pop an opponent into the air for a juggle as she finishes the stomp and leaps off the enemy back onto the ground. how cool would that be!? imagine that combo: EN stomp, b2, 1+2, anti-air grab: 7 hits, 48%!! :D

peachyO

Noob
peachyO I actually would like the EX version of stomp to be 2 more hits/stomps on them.
Would look flashier. Armor all the way would be neat as well.
What would make her even better would be her ground stomp to be similar to her MkA one.
Faster that would juggle for combos. Dash canceleable would be nice as well.
It feels like there aren't Sheeva fans in the NRS team :(
Sindelia that would be great as well!! just so long as it's stronger and safer than it is now. and yes, definitely a faster, cancelable ground pound. i would like it to do 12% damage, with the EN having armor and juggle properties. and how about a couple of high-powered, overhead strings like she and her fellow shokan have in MKA? ooh, and a storyline where she is awesome and dangerous! i tell you, we need to be given a seat at the table for the next MK game!!

dc1902

Noob
Does Sheeva's EN low grab have the same kind of armor on it as her standing EN grab? I was wondering if I could counter some peoples low moves with her low EN grab.

Espio

Kokomo
Does Sheeva's EN low grab have the same kind of armor on it as her standing EN grab? I was wondering if I could counter some peoples low moves with her low EN grab.
I've blown up Johnny Cage's down 3 and other low pokes with ex low grab before, the armor is good, it's her highest midscreen damage if you can get it going.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Any use in b12? Seems to give a safe jump for free 212f1 pressure... Shame the startup is 26 frames though.

peachyO

Noob
Yey landed a low grab online. Man that felt good! 41%? Yeah have that bitch!
congratulations! training your enemies to duck is essential to winning as sheeva. try a low grab using b2 or f3, b1 after landing a stomp, or after a series of d3's when poking out of pressure. follow with bf3 for 30% unbreakerable damage. if the foe lacks a breaker, go for dash, 4, bf3 or, even better, b2 1+2 and either aa grab (if you want them near by) or fireball (if u prefer them to land far away).

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
congratulations! training your enemies to duck is essential to winning as sheeva. try a low grab using b2 or f3, b1 after landing a stomp, or after a series of d3's when poking out of pressure. follow with bf3 for 30% unbreakerable damage. if the foe lacks a breaker, go for dash, 4, bf3 or, even better, b2 1+2 and either aa grab (if you want them near by) or fireball (if u prefer them to land far away).
Thanks I'll try that.

I seem to be having some success with JiP, b2, 1+2~FB to get them to block low. Once they do I switch to d3~low grab. I find you have to be very risky and varied to be successful with her. Stupid stuff like 212f1, d4~telestomp or once you start getting people to respect d3, d4~fireball you can d3~low grab or d4~ground stomp.

Most people seem to be waiting for you to stomp so sitting back and throwing fireballs and the occasional ground pound gets people jumping so you can bring in the AA grab or EX GnP. Tough to win but definitely satisfying. There's nothing better than getting counter picked by Kung Lao and still winning. :)

Out of interest, is there a decent punish for tele~3? I'm guessing d1, dash, d1~AA grab works? Perhaps 2~GnP?

peachyO

Noob
Thanks I'll try that.

I seem to be having some success with JiP, b2, 1+2~FB to get them to block low. Once they do I switch to d3~low grab. I find you have to be very risky and varied to be successful with her. Stupid stuff like 212f1, d4~telestomp or once you start getting people to respect d3, d4~fireball you can d3~low grab or d4~ground stomp.

Most people seem to be waiting for you to stomp so sitting back and throwing fireballs and the occasional ground pound gets people jumping so you can bring in the AA grab or EX GnP. Tough to win but definitely satisfying. There's nothing better than getting counter picked by Kung Lao and still winning. :)

Out of interest, is there a decent punish for tele~3? I'm guessing d1, dash, d1~AA grab works? Perhaps 2~GnP?
yes, a simple aa grab will counter all regular teleporting shenanigans. this is NOT true for EN teleports, however. :( there are few joys greater than killing lao with sheeva. tough, but not impossible. punish blocked dive kicks with b2,1~fb or aa grab; since you already use that string you should be able to do so. also use her EN bf3 to stuff his wakeup spin crap; even his EN wakeup spin is useless against it! once this happens, they will be hesitant to wakeup with a spin, and that leaves you an opportunity to get in close and use f3 pressure (following it with a mix of ground pound, low grab, fb, or bf3) or start your 212f1~bf3 frametrap.

even your stomp can be used if you are wise. try tele-stomping and landing in front of lao. his immediate reaction is usually to spin in anticipation of you landing on him. but landing in front gives you room to avoid the spin and punish with f4. if they catch on to the trick and enhance their spin (which will cause him to move forward) steer sheeva so she lands behind him. he will burn a bar of meter, and you should have time to pressure him with a fireball, try more telestomp mind games, or perhaps wait to counter the dive kick or teleport which is sure to follow. long story short, if you can get lao to waste meter and hesitate to use his spin, dive kick, or teleport, then you have a great chance to win. all he has left are his hat throws, and your telestomp can punish those!!

peachyO

Noob
peachyO I hate it when her aa grab and untamed fury miss after her b2 1+2 from low grab :mad:
So the only choice you got is fireball and her 41%. Do you NJP after a low grab midscreen?
i agree, fireball is the best option, as it has the least chance of whiffing. occasionally i use a njp, but honestly i am not very good at connecting with it so i rarely try, unless i have a round won, a full meter bar, and am dominating the current round. too risky for me!

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
:D
Even better, the EX version (untamed fury) throws them to the other side of the screen
like a piece of trash while giving you the guaranteed 22% that can change the matche's outcome.
(Like piece of trash.) Lol. I say that all the time to myself when I perform her ex verison.
Bt i do have to agree. I do find myself having enough time to reply back to a text when im texting and playing mk at the same time. Its quite nice to have a little pause to do whatever.

peachyO

Noob
~~Ok seriously her bf3 (grab 'n' punch) is one of the best sp. moves in the game.
Not only coz of its big (unbreakable) damage and + on block but because it's a move
that once you land it you have 2 or 3 secs time to stretch, take a sip from your coffee/drink
or even answer your phone & tell 'em to call back coz you're kicking ass with the Shokan Mohawk Diva. :D
Even better, the EX version (untamed fury) throws them to the other side of the screen
like a piece of trash while giving you the guaranteed 22% that can change the match's outcome.
peachyO Espio CongoFury please tell me you too find yourselves "taking a break"
while performing these moves because I admit I am. :p ~~
yes i do!! and "like a piece of trash" is beautiful!!