What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

Sheeva's 'Useless' Strings

Since we're a bit more deep into the game now, we know what Sheevas good strings can do, but what about the 'bad' ones?

I'm talking about:

1B2F1 - High Mid Medium. I only know of one combo 1B2 is good in, and that's it. 12B1 1B2 DF1. On block it gives her good spacing for D4 and standing 4 to continue pressure. It does seem to be a bit - on block though.

F2B1 - High Mid. F2 jails giving you a guaranteed BF3, but they can duck it even when crouch blocking, so you can't really set up a low grab.

33 - Mid High/Mid, character dependent I think.

F32 - Low Mid.

F3B1 - Low Low. Recovery seems to be good.

212B1
- High Mid Mid Low. Last hit can be jumped out of. However, recovery seems to be good.

That's all the info I know about them. Any more information, potential, or experimentation is appreciated. ღ

Somberness

Lights
I dare someone to try and win while using the F2 string.
I wish there weren't so many lows that cause knockdowns, not much use for that. Maybe to bait wakeup attacks if you have enough advantage. I really can't see potential in anything, yet. ;(

I dare someone to try and win while using the F2 string.
I wish there weren't so many lows that cause knockdowns, not much use for that. Maybe to bait wakeup attacks if you have enough advantage. I really can't see potential in anything, yet. ;(
I agree. Or have more untechable knockdowns in this game.

Did you check the frame data?

Flagg

Noob
Sheeva has so many damn combos where you hit F or B halfway through, that I sometimes find it's easy to botch a combo if you're in the thick of it, like hitting F or B too early and a completely different hit comes out instead.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I don't agree that F3B1 or 212B1 are useless. I DO agree that F2B1 is the most useless string right now. I cannot figure out a use for it at all.

^^^ took the words right outa my mouth.

if f+2 was an overhead, it be mad good. and extremely useful. dunno why NRS didn;t give that to her. Reo and I suggested that.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
If they are crouch blocking when the 212 string connects, it will jail them into crouch block meaning even if they release crouch they will be stuck crouch blocking, allowing her to get a free low grab into some big damage.
does this mean that if the opponent starts blocking 212 while standing up but midway through start holding down while blocking they will get get caught by the low grab no matter what?....sorry for the noob question lol

does this mean that if the opponent starts blocking 212 while standing up but midway through start holding down while blocking they will get get caught by the low grab no matter what?....sorry for the noob question lol
If they're standing up do a BF3 grab. I think it works both ways, meaning I don't think doing the low grab if they're standing but end up blocking low will work. ღ

D_Matt_Ma

Pretty much blocking 212 locks them down into whatever status they were in when blocking.

D_Matt_Ma

I'm going to assume 212F1 BF3 212F1 BF3 etc but [MENTION=3937]Somberness[/MENTION] already said the push back from BF3 is too great. ღ
Same here. Nevermind that you would need precision timing and initial spacing to be correct.

B W1zZ

Noob
I heard something about it having to do with her ground stomp in the corner, that it can be used similar to jax's corner loop. Someone test please ;0

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'm going to assume 212F1 BF3 212F1 BF3 etc but [MENTION=3937]Somberness[/MENTION] already said the push back from BF3 is too great. ღ
Thats not an infinite because you can duck the command grab but it is a sick frametrap in the corner because you can use D4 Low grab as soon as they start ducking, that makes sheeva in the corner a monster.

D_Matt_Ma

Thats not an infinite because you can duck the command grab but it is a sick frametrap in the corner because you can use D4 Low grab as soon as they start ducking, that makes sheeva in the corner a monster.
Actually, you can't duck the command grab if you block standing any part of the 212F1 string. With perfect execution, the command grab can give up to 12 frames of block stun and 2 comes out at 12 frames, meaning you can lock them in blocking stun animation indefinately. The problem is that if you are even slighly off, they can interrupt your 2 because it has a relatively high hitbox.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Actually, you can't duck the command grab if you block standing any part of the 212F1 string. With perfect execution, the command grab can give up to 12 frames of block stun and 2 comes out at 12 frames, meaning you can lock them in blocking stun animation indefinately. The problem is that if you are even slighly off, they can interrupt your 2 because it has a relatively high hitbox.
You can fuzzy it, you have to take 1 loop of it because its a frame trap but you can duck the next attempt, this is something we learned about Sheeva at a tourny a while ago. Its not an infinite, its just that she has nasty corner game

Somberness

Lights
You can just barely go into a crouching state because the pushback makes her back punch hit on the 12th frame instead of the 11th. It still can connect on a lot of characters because their crouch hitbox starts higher. I don't know if I would call it a block infinite against those characters as they have to take damage to get out, but there is an end point at least. 212F1~BF3"duck here to avoid the next trap"212~DB3~huge damage combo. Taking the grab n punch seems like a good idea.

D_Matt_Ma

Yes, so this is not an infinite. Just good corner pressure tactics. Nothing broken here.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You can also do d4~bf3 and when you think they will duck the grab, use d4~db3 to get a huge combo.

Sheeva is indeed a monster when she corners you...unless you are that fartbag gayden.

SHEEVA the best?

a recent thread that seems to be deleted said that there is a character that has received buffs in every version and was good from day 1 and probably did not need anything at all. I believe Sheeva meets that criteria. Now i really wanna watch NEC. sheeva being top tier? this is a must see.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
SHEEVA PLAYERS i just merged all of your question thread into this one.. stop making threads asking your questions keep them in this thread.. your question will be answered. use the "@" and a good sheeva player name if you want an answer answered by a sheeva pro.. thanks..