What's new

Question re: downplay

xKMMx

Banned
"Helpful or interesting" is in the eye of the beholder. The state of the game is consistently a relevant and hot topic among NRS titles because they have such a storied history of both patching too frequently and patching too drastically.

"Git gud" is the declaration of those utterly bereft of mind, whom communicate solely in spewing banal rhetoric they don't give the slightest forethought to prior to vomiting it forth and whom ultimately contribute zero to a given discussion. Take your posts for instance. You both don't enjoy these types of topics and by your own admission don't even enjoy browsing this board much anymore but have inexplicably decided for the second day in a row to share such thought provoking gems as "u must lose 2 liu kang a lot" and "I'm only here for techz!111"

Hilariously, telling someone they lose to a character in a thread dedicated to said character's overwhelming strength is not in fact an argument favoring your cause. Never mind the fact it's an assumption that demonstrably has no basis in the first place beyond you're out of responses and have thrown your hands up and conceded any attempt at a rational reply. I don't expect you'll appreciate the irony, but it's there nonetheless.

You were looking to be spoonfed. I've just obliged.
Doesn't matter how you dress up your bitching and whining with pretty linguistics in your posts bro. You could be Charles Dickens for all anyone cares but your still just a whiny little bitch that id mop with or without LK.

It sounds like your main thing is you think Liu Kang is too hard to beat and its not fair.

In the interest of fairness the game allows mirror matches. Try learning him and putting yourself on a level playing field with all those LK's that are currently mopping you online because you have no reactions and don't pay attention to the fact that 3 out of his 4 options of F43 are easily stuffed with good reactions.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how you dress up your bitching and whining with pretty linguistics in your posts bro. You could be Charles Dickens for all anyone cares but your still just a whiny little bitch that id mop with or without LK
OIC, Liu Kang player, to the shock of everyone, doesn't like thread which puts a spotlight on his character.

It's all good bro. *awkward fistbump handshake

Like i care much. This dude obviously seeking attention. He will have his 5 minutes glory on tweeter.
Tho my point stands. Throw, F4, some zoning after succesfull combo, thanks to the ridiculous pushback of every Kang move, 1-2 from wakeup and ofc the legendary Kang FB.
This was his whole gameplay. And due to totally broken character he beat way better player in A Foxy Grampa, who used 3 different character.
dude, stfu please

xKMMx

Banned
OIC, Liu Kang player, to the shock of everyone, doesn't like thread which puts a spotlight on his character.

LMAO I've never used him once. I play NW, Jacqui and way back when the game first came out I was a Noob main.

THe thread that puts a spotlight on his character? You're not the first scrubby crybaby to make a thread about how LK is "Broken" so this thread isn't "the" anything. Its just another in a long line of threads by dudes who belong on scrub quotes.com much more than they do TYM.

Anyone notice how he's not willing to put his money where his mouth is and play me? He'd rather just try to dance around and use big words to sound smart.

LMAO I've never used him once. I play NW, Jacqui and way back when the game first came out I was a Noob main.

THe thread that puts a spotlight on his character? You're not the first scrubby crybaby to make a thread about how LK is "Broken".
*Awkward fistbump handshake intensifies and is held eggregiously long as the camera pans in and the gamers flounder about, attempting to show the most base level of sportsmanship while hoping to maintain a shred of dignity. KMM, in a petulant rage befitting only the most stubborn of Wu Shi alumni, passes gas; the unwelcome flatulence standing in place of any semblance of a coherent rebuttal.

xKMMx

Banned
*Awkward fistbump handshake intensifies and is held eggregiously long as the camera pans in and the gamers flounder about, attempting to show the most base level of sportsmanship while maintaining a shred of dignity. KMM, in a petulant rage befitting only the most stubborn of Wu Shi alumni, passes gas; the unwelcome flatulence standing in place of any semblance of a coherent rebuttal
Again. Just another long winded response from a dude with his internet muscles afraid to back his shit up in a match. Go hide little guy. It's ok. You'll have someone new to bitch about after next patch.

But hey at least you have a super clever screen name on TYM.

Again. Just another long winded response from a dude with his internet muscles afraid to back his shit up in a match. Go hide little guy. It's ok. You'll have someone new to bitch about after next patch.

But hey at least you have a super clever screen name on TYM.
You challenged me to games earlier but then thought better of it and deleted the comment, presumably realizing the outcome of a set between us has literally no bearing or relevance to anything said here. I see you've lost your proverbial shit a second time and have decided "fck it, this means war!" rather than be bothered to produce a sensible counter argument.

xKMMx

Banned
You challenged me to games earlier but then thought better of it and deleted the comment, presumably realizing the outcome of a set between us has literally no bearing or relevance to anything said here. I see you've lost your proverbial shit a second time and have decided "fck it, this means war!" rather than be bothered to produce a sensible counter argument.
I've produced my counter argument several times and it holds water. Go figure out how to beat the character instead of bitching.

One thing it would prove if we played and posted it here after, is your just not that good and you're entitled and want everything your way. Including whoever your main is to be good enough against Liu Kang to make up for your lack of skill to bridge the gap.

No one will deny that LK is a tough beat and has a lot of great options. But a lot of people just play him and lose and then learn something and keep getting better and better until they are solid in the match up. You and your kind instead take to the internet and whine and complain that "its too hard or not fair."

So until you change that you will always be what you have shown yourself to be. A whiner, a complainer, and better at talking than taking any action.

And that's cool bro. Cause no matter how lame you are unable to overcome obstacles in life because when things are too hard you'd rather bitch about them. You will always be mommy's special little guy.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

if you would stop trying so hard to come up with what you obviously believe are clever responses and take in what people are saying I believe you have your answer. I don't think anybody in here has downplayed liu. Everybody has said he is top tier.
The fact that you have not only participated in another lk is broken threads but felt so strongly about it you thought you would make your own shows me you have some degree of butt hurt towards said character.

Its ok man playing against him gives the best os in the game. If you win "Wow look at me I beat the big bad top tier let me give myself a big pat on the back" if you loose you can continue to tell yourself "not my fault I don't suck that character is broken"

I've produced my counter argument several times and it holds water. Go figure out how to beat the character instead of bitching.

One thing it would prove if we played and posted it here after, is your just not that good and you're entitled and want everything your way. Including whoever your main is to be good enough against Liu Kang to make up for your lack of skill to bridge the gap.

No one will deny that LK is a tough beat and has a lot of great options. But a lot of people just play him and lose and then learn something and keep getting better and better until they are solid in the match up. You and your kind instead take to the internet and whine and complain that "its too hard or not fair."

So until you change that you will always be what you have shown yourself to be. A whiner, a complainer, and better at talking than taking any action.

And that's cool bro. Cause no matter how lame you are unable to overcome obstacles in life because when things are too hard you'd rather bitch about them. You will always be mommy's special little guy.
"Nuh uh" and "ur just salty" is not a counter argument, and no amount of doubling down on claiming it is changes anything. You've bent a lot of nails, but you haven't really hammered home a point of the least merit. The assertion that any complaint about the character must stem only from unfamiliarity with the matchup or not knowing how to play the game is baseless, as is everything else you've typed. You opt for hyperbole over rationality. As I explained to the last person to attempt this line of reasoning: I could sport a 100% winrate against Liu Kang and would still see the blatant strength of the character and flimsy linearity resulting in a poor, overtuned design.

Had you anything but the mental wherewithal of a quivering puddle of snot you'd recognize you've engaged in little more than ad hominem throughout this exchange. The crutch of an imbecile.

The fact that you have not only participated in another lk is broken threads but felt so strongly about it you thought you would make your own shows me you have some degree of butt hurt towards said character.
"Clearly you feel strongly about a game you spend time playing."

Well met, chum. Good insight.

xKMMx

Banned
. I don't think anybody in here has downplayed liu. Everybody has said he is top tier.
Yea but bro. Anything less than saying he is fully broken is down play. It's all of us small minded fools who think the path to success in fighting games is adapting and learning from losing that have it wrong.
@FonicSox being the true intellectual he is has actually exposed us to the real answer. Get beat by the high tier, get frustrated because its challenging and (thinking during a match is for suckers), then take to the forums and look for validation and those that agree that its all the games fault that they are free to this character.

Yea but bro. Anything less than saying he is fully broken is down play. It's all of us small minded fools who think the path to success in fighting games is adapting and learning from losing that have it wrong.
@FonicSox being the true intellectual he is has actually exposed us to the real answer. Get beat by the high tier, get frustrated because its challenging and (thinking during a match is for suckers), then take to the forums and look for validation and those that agree that its all the games fault that they are free to this character.
Straw man fallacy. Show me in any of my posts where I've said any of the above. I can link to numerous posts where Liu Kang's ability to jail into a +3 1,2 is justified in addition to the rest of his tools and the effectiveness is flatly undersold. The entire premise being that Liu Kang is fine as-is. Blatantly overtuned =/= broken.

Engage your brain or see yourself out.

xKMMx

Banned
There's no discussion to even be had since they seem unwilling to even acknowledge their character is too strong to begin with,
Too strong to begin with? . Too strong? Too strong for what? For who? For you?
Yea my point is made. Your bitching is purely based in the character being really strong and I'll go ahead and deduce that you didn't come to this conclusion based on the multiple win streaks you've rattled off against LK players.
Too strong is just another way of saying he's broken.

Too strong to begin with? . Too strong? Too strong for what? For who? For you?
Yea my point is made. Your bitching is purely based in the character being really strong and I'll go ahead and deduce that you didn't come to this conclusion based on the multiple win streaks you've rattled off against LK players.
Too strong is just another way of saying he's broken.
There's quite a lot of stupidity to unpack here so I'll deliver it to you in easily digestible sizes. I never did put the spoon away.

"Too strong to begin with? Too strong? Too strong for what? For who? For you?"

For everyone from the lowest levels of play to the absolute highest, and from players who weren't performing that well literally a few weeks prior pre-patch. Would you like specific examples? I can provide them, and none involve Ninjakilla. As an aside: even WIZEGEMINI says the character is too strong.

"Yea my point is made. Your bitching is purely based in the character being really strong and I'll go ahead and deduce that you didn't come to this conclusion based on the multiple win streaks you've rattled off against LK players."

Your 'point' is that the mere act of losing to a character deemed overtuned in itself renders the assessment invalid. Assbackwards logic, any way you slice it. And Obviously the underlying theme here is that Liu Kang is too strong and the bulk of my responses here have been reflective of that. I have no idea how in that whirling maelstrom of indecipherable misfiring rubbish you call a set of functioning cerebral hemispheres you concluded honing in on this was some form of "gotcha." If you had a point it was lost in the transition from thought to keyboard.

"Too strong is just another way of saying he's broken."

Nonsense, jackanapes! Vanilla SF4 Sagat was too strong. Super Turbo Akuma is broken.

Close your mouth while you chew. It's unseemly.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
"Ur just salty" has been rebutted a half dozen times already. Please think before you post.
still not getting the whole post huh. I see you understood a small portion and that is a vast improvement. Keep trying to comprehend what people are writing. Take your time and practice you will get there. Hay and maybe you can take that new found skill back to the game as well.

Some people here are so funny, its like all they know is keep practice and hit the lab, and you will get better. :D
How long some of you need to understand this has nothing to do with the complain about Kang being totally broken ??

xKMMx

Banned
There's quite a lot of stupidity to unpack here so I'll deliver it to you in easily digestible sizes. I never did put the spoon away.

"Too strong to begin with? Too strong? Too strong for what? For who? For you?"

For everyone from the lowest levels of play to the absolute highest, and from players who weren't performing that well literally a few weeks prior pre-patch. Would you like specific examples? I can provide them, and none involve Ninjakilla. As an aside: even WIZEGEMINI says the character is too strong.

"Yea my point is made. Your bitching is purely based in the character being really strong and I'll go ahead and deduce that you didn't come to this conclusion based on the multiple win streaks you've rattled off against LK players."

Your 'point' is that the mere act of losing to a character deemed overtuned in itself renders the assessment invalid. Assbackwards logic, any way you slice it. And Obviously the underlying theme here is that Liu Kang is too strong and the bulk of my responses here have been reflective of that. I have no idea how in that whirling maelstrom of indecipherable misfiring rubbish you call a set of functioning cerebral hemispheres you concluded honing in on this was some form of "gotcha." If you had a point it was lost in the transition from thought to keyboard.

"Too strong is just another way of saying he's broken."

Nonsense, jackanapes! Vanilla SF4 Sagat was too strong. Super Turbo Akuma is broken.

Close your mouth while you chew. It's unseemly.
More fancy bullshit talk. Using a lot of words but not saying anything. This tactic of yours is not uncommon on the internet. You like to take your time and put together these long winded responses laced with all kinds words that show off your vocabulary because you think it makes you sounds smart and takes the focus off your paper thin arguments.

I'm pretty over this whole discussion to be honest. You suck at the game and cant accept it's not the top tiers fault so you take to the forums and bitch and condescend to everyone that disagree's.

Lk is very strong and probably the strongest in the game right now and the volumes of LK's I play daily just help me get better and better win or lose.

xKMMx

Banned
Some people here are so funny, its like all they know is keep practice and hit the lab, and you will get better. :D
How long some of you need to understand this has nothing to do with the complain about Kang being totally broken ??
IT has every thing to do with overcoming the inherent advantages Liu Kang has in his tool kit. There is a counter to everything. YOur just too lazy.
ANd to be fair just knowing the counters doesn't help obviously you still have to execute, but at the end of the day he's not broken. Your mindset is.

So you are going to say SonicFox is too lazy as well? Cause he is still searching character to counter Liu Kang, which tell you the whole situation ....
When i speak about balance changes i always said games are balanced at highest possible level. So my struggle or not with Kang has nothing to do with my complain.
And you need exactly 5 minute to learn that matchup. Kang is probably my best matchup, cause when i training in the Lab i mostly use him as dummy .... Because of his superior zoning and fast string ....
And with all that being said i dont need magic glasses to see when character is broken or not.
All the tools he have speaks for themself. No matter how good you, you still going to eat his 4 super easy to land KB, his FB land on will, and he is always going to beat you to the punch, because of how ridiculous fast and good his strings are.

xKMMx

Banned
So you are going to say SonicFox is too lazy as well? Cause he is still searching character to counter Liu Kang, which tell you the whole situation ....
When i speak about balance changes i always said games are balanced at highest possible level. So my struggle or not with Kang has nothing to do with my complain.
And you need exactly 5 minute to learn that matchup. Kang is probably my best matchup, cause when i training in the Lab i mostly use him as dummy ....
No Sonic Fox isn't lazy cause he is searching for a way to counter him.
What is the basis for your complaint then? He's hard to fucking beat we get it. But shut up about it already and deal with it.