What's new

Quan Chi Matchup Chart open for discussion

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
You really dont know anything about this MU. I really dont care anymore, believe whatever you want man. You wanna think that Ermac vs QC is an even MU or even at Quan's favor then by all means keep believing that. You ll be up for a very rude awakening.
Unfortunately I got to verse zaf at ECT and I mean I didn't get completely destroyed but it still wasn't that close. But I just went to my first major and Zaf just won a major so...

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
after playing KT Smith at ECT I am changing smoke to 4-6, because smoke literally just spams smoke balls the whole match full screen and it takes a while and a lot of meter gain for smoke until quan gets in. Then you also have to look at smoke's HUGE damage output and that qc is gonna have to break. This matchup might be even worse. Discuss? And after playing Eazail I'm changing kl to 4:6, because of kung lao's overall mobility.Shujinkydink Insuperable xSMoKEx

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Honestly Smoke vs Quan it 6-4 Smoke at the WORST for Smoke. It may be 7-3 but i'm a little hesitant to put it at that right away. If you're using .5's i would say 6.5-3.5 Smoke's favor is a good number.

In case anyone is wondering why, Smoke really shuts down Quan because he can't zone to get his meter easily for rune-trap. He doesn't even have the option to risk the teleport on you because SB blows it up anyways.

F21 is usually hard to whiff punish because it has so many active frames but SB solves that problem, and it has a lot of duration frames so even off a well-timed smoke away you can whiff punish it. (unlike most other attacks)

The MU is hard for Quan all over. If KT Smith says 7-3 then put it to that i suppose, he probably has more MU exp from playing Soup all the time. I'm on the fence on if it's really that tough to the point where it's 3-7.

EDIT: i take that back, after thinking about it for awhile i do believe it is 7-3 Smoke.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Honestly Smoke vs Quan it 6-4 Smoke at the WORST for Smoke. It may be 7-3 but i'm a little hesitant to put it at that right away. If you're using .5's i would say 6.5-3.5 Smoke's favor is a good number.

In case anyone is wondering why, Smoke really shuts down Quan because he can't zone to get his meter easily for rune-trap. He doesn't even have the option to risk the teleport on you because SB blows it up anyways.

F21 is usually hard to whiff punish because it has so many active frames but SB solves that problem, and it has a lot of duration frames so even off a well-timed smoke away you can whiff punish it. (unlike most other attacks)

The MU is hard for Quan all over. If KT Smith says 7-3 then put it to that i suppose, he probably has more MU exp from playing Soup all the time. I'm on the fence on if it's really that tough to the point where it's 3-7.

EDIT: i take that back, after thinking about it for awhile i do believe it is 7-3 Smoke.
thanks a lot for your time I'll change it to 7-3 now and if I could go back in time I would have counter picked and not stuck with quan chi and I know this doesn't matter, but quan chi's lunge string is f12

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
DrFlash44 your right the smoke MU is hard for quan. smoke bombs shut down both the skydrop and the trance. he relies heavily on rune trap in this MU

KL should be a 5-5 at worst. All of kung laos mobility moves bring him into quan which is exactly what quan wants. d1 trance will stuff du3 which he is very reliant on. I have this slightly in quans favor, but should stay at 5-5 since i did lose to lao at NWM in the finals :p

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
DrFlash44 your right the smoke MU is hard for quan. smoke bombs shut down both the skydrop and the trance. he relies heavily on rune trap in this MU

KL should be a 5-5 at worst. All of kung laos mobility moves bring him into quan which is exactly what quan wants. d1 trance will stuff du3 which he is very reliant on. I have this slightly in quans favor, but should stay at 5-5 since i did lose to lao at NWM in the finals :p
Ok that makes sense I will change kl to 5-5

zaf

professor
DrFlash44, quan vs ermac is a 7-3 mu.
Im not being a dick or anything but i just zoned the shit out of you and there was not much else I needed to do.
You were kept out the entire time and I didnt have to do anything or try and out think you up close.
I kept you out and there are no rune traps when you have to break all the time

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
DrFlash44, quan vs ermac is a 7-3 mu.
Im not being a dick or anything but i just zoned the shit out of you and there was not much else I needed to do.
You were kept out the entire time and I didnt have to do anything or try and out think you up close.
I kept you out and there are no rune traps when you have to break all the time
So both of my matches that I lost at ECT were to two top players in a 3-7 mu this brings more confidence upon me

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
ermac CANNOT outzone quan. one trade and quan has the advantage. and the skull recovers before tele hits. ermac haz nutting!!

zaf

professor
Even Gamma is back, Insuperable's brother was telling me this is a 7-3 MU.
I even believed he watched us play. Dink is just trolling or being a dickhead <3

Soup, what do you think of this MU
Insuperable

zaf

professor
Dink must play people who do not know how to duck under projectiles, dash d3 or know how to avoid them.

Oh wait he plays with Altaire!
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Dink must play people who do not know how to duck under projectiles, dash d3 or know how to avoid them.

Oh wait he plays with Altaire!
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
lol no he doesn't, he used to train with me, but I don't play Ermac, never have. I would like to see Soups thoughts on this, I think it's 6-4 Ermac at the very worst. 7-3 to me is an unwinnable match up in tourny.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Jax has been changed to 5:5 and nw has been change to 4.5:5.5
I'm not reading the whole thread but it's definitely 4-6 nw favor. Nw can out zone quan all day. Nw doesn't need meter for this match so all meter an be saved for breaker on rune trap. Only way in is teleport wiff.

I'm surprised it's not 3-7. Reflect demolishes him and doesn't let him zone at all. Plus nw has better footsies.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I'm not reading the whole thread but it's definitely 4-6 nw favor. Nw can out zone quan all day. Nw doesn't need meter for this match so all meter an be saved for breaker on rune trap. Only way in is teleport wiff.

I'm surprised it's not 3-7. Reflect demolishes him and doesn't let him zone at all. Plus nw has better footsies.
how does quan get outzoned? at full screen quan chi can throw skulls and the reflected ones will disappear. Also quan chi easily wins the trance trade with both of nightwolf's long range attacks as they are both really slow. Quan chi's small hitbox also makes it so that quan chi can crouch block under shoulder. You can't even ex or I will just uppercut you in between the two hits. Quan chi doesn't need to come in to nightwolf which would be difficult, but nightwolf has to come to quan chi which is exactly what quan chi wants as a random dash forward f12 ex rune while you're approaching means rune trap.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
how does quan get outzoned? at full screen quan chi can throw skulls and the reflected ones will disappear. Also quan chi easily wins the trance trade with both of nightwolf's long range attacks as they are both really slow. Quan chi's small hitbox also makes it so that quan chi can crouch block under shoulder. You can't even ex or I will just uppercut you in between the two hits. Quan chi doesn't need to come in to nightwolf which would be difficult, but nightwolf has to come to quan chi which is exactly what quan chi wants as a random dash forward f12 ex rune while you're approaching means rune trap.
Magic acts won't work. Making skulls disappear might have been effective a long time ago but by dashing in to reflect on startup of your skull, it makes it impossible for you to cancel. Even if you do manage to cancel the first one, I'll be close enough to reflect the second one without you being able to do anything.

Shoulder is punishable by everyone in the game so that's not anything new. And it's surely not a reason to make this MU any closer.

Rune trap is the only thing that keeps him in the game but with breakers at my disposal it makes it very hard for you to build meter and take damage. Nw doesn't need meter to win and quan does...and even with meter quqon doesn't necessarily win.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Magic acts won't work. Making skulls disappear might have been effective a long time ago but by dashing in to reflect on startup of your skull, it makes it impossible for you to cancel. Even if you do manage to cancel the first one, I'll be close enough to reflect the second one without you being able to do anything.

Shoulder is punishable by everyone in the game so that's not anything new. And it's surely not a reason to make this MU any closer.

Rune trap is the only thing that keeps him in the game but with breakers at my disposal it makes it very hard for you to build meter and take damage. Nw doesn't need meter to win and quan does...and even with meter quqon doesn't necessarily win.
1. If you dash up to reflect my skulls i'll just dash back and throw one I can do this until I'm in the corner and nw's corner game is soooo scary (sarcastically)
2. You're not giving any reasons that nw has over qc. Quan Chi doesn't NEED meter he was pretty good damage with out and mixups. The rune trap is just a very nice tool

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
1. If you dash up to reflect my skulls i'll just dash back and throw one I can do this until I'm in the corner and nw's corner game is soooo scary (sarcastically)
2. You're not giving any reasons that nw has over qc. Quan Chi doesn't NEED meter he was pretty good damage with out and mixups. The rune trap is just a very nice tool
You aren't going to back dash and throw a skull on reaction to my reflect. Your reasoning is completely flawed. My reflect is on reaction to a skull (that means you have to throw one first). Lol.

So back yourself into a Corner? That's a good idea (sarcasm). No matter who your fighting it's not a good idea.

He may have damaging combos but not as damaging as NW.

So here are 5 things nw has over quan.
1) reflect = better zoning
2) better footsies
3) higher damage
4) pushes him to corner (you said it so it must be true)
5) doesn't need meter and can save for breakers if you get in.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
You aren't going to back dash and throw a skull on reaction to my reflect. Your reasoning is completely flawed. My reflect is on reaction to a skull (that means you have to throw one first). Lol.

So back yourself into a Corner? That's a good idea (sarcasm). No matter who your fighting it's not a good idea.

He may have damaging combos but not as damaging as NW.

So here are 5 things nw has over quan.
1) reflect = better zoning
2) better footsies
3) higher damage
4) pushes him to corner (you said it so it must be true)
5) doesn't need meter and can save for breakers if you get in.
1) quan chi isn't going to dash back and throw a skull on reaction that's impossible. I'm simply going to throw a skull dash back and throw another and repeat. Also quan chi can telestomp arrow and lightning on reaction. Plus he has unreflectable long range attacks, which are trance and runes. What are you gonna do about rune zoning? Reflect? no. And if you wanna try lightning or arrow I could easily not be throwing a rune and telestomp them on reaction into a 52% rune trap. That's not a risk that nightwolf should be willing to take.
2) I do admit better footsies which is why I have qc loosing this mu
3) quan chi actually has higher damage by ending combos with a reset and then going into rune trap. Quan Chi can actually do over 90% midscreen. Even if quan chi doesn't have meter his bnb's are about 5% less tan nightwolf's, but if you add in the basically garenteed grab after a reset its higher.
4) Quan Chi might be pushed towards the corner, but not into it. Right as quan chi can't back up and zone any more he'll be agressive and won't let himself get cornered.
5) fair enough, but you don't have an unlimited supply of breakers