What's new

Quan Chi Matchup Chart open for discussion

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Here is my opinion of the current quan chi matchup chart. I could easily be wrong on any of these. Please post your comments below and I will edit the matchup chart based on the kommunity's opinion.

Scorpion 5:5
Lui Kang 3:7
Kung Lao 5:5
Sub Zero 5:5
Sindel 5.5:4.5
Ermac 3:7
Reptile 4:6
Kitana 5:5
Johnny Cage 4:6
Jade 6:4
Mileena 5:5
Nightwolf 4:6
Cyblax 4.5:5.5
Cyrax 4:6
Noob Saibot 5:5
Smoke 3:7
Sektor 5:5
Sonya Blade 3:7
Jax 5:5
Kano 6:4
Stryker 5.5:4.5
Shang Tsung 5:5
Baraka 5:5
Kabal 4:6
Raiden 4.5:5.5
Cyber Subzero 4.5:5.5
Sheeva 5.5:4.5
Freddy Krueger 4.5:5.5
Rain 5:5
Kenshi 3:7
Skarlet 5:5

REO

Undead
Quan Chi is a bad match up for Jax and beats him 6-4 according to CDjr. And Sonya is worse than a "6-4".

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Shang Tsung definitely has advantage. Jade might be 5:5. But you can add in brackets +2 points when Quan has meter.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Shang Tsung definitely has advantage. Jade might be 5:5. But you can add in brackets +2 points when Quan has meter.
Yeh I heard that he loses to Shang also, but I've never actually played the mu against a good Shang. The whole different matchup when quan has meter is bull, because his matchups are a lot based on how well he can gain meter. He beats Jade, because of the huge damage damage difference and Quan Chi's ability to get out of her pressure easily with d3 ex rune into rune trap

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Quan Chi is a bad match up for Jax and beats him 6-4 according to CDjr. And Sonya is worse than a "6-4".
I can change it, but I thinks its 6:4 because of the whole ground pound oki game and quan's awful wakeups plus quan gets outzoned and can't tele projectile or ground pound

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeh I heard that he loses to Shang also, but I've never actually played the mu against a good Shang. The whole different matchup when quan has meter is bull, because his matchups are a lot based on how well he can gain meter. He beats Jade, because of the huge damage damage difference and Quan Chi's ability to get out of her pressure easily with d3 ex rune into rune trap
Yeah, Jade lacks in damage department, but she out-footsies him badly. I'm playing this match-up a lot atm. Sometimes it feels like 6-4. Leave it as is for now.

SZSR

Noob
do you know why he thinks that? I dont play either character but that is pretty interesting.
ShujinkyDink convincingly took out CD jr's Jax at Final Round, he had to counterpick with Smoke.

I'm not saying that match only but if you watch the match, these two clearly have full knowledge of each of their characters.
You'll notice Quan Chi's uppercut punishes quite a few of Jax's string and his dash punch, and his Rune Trap gives him guaranteed damage.
I don't play either of the characters but those were the things that stood out to me.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
ShujinkyDink convincingly took out CD jr's Jax at Final Round, he had to counterpick with Smoke.

I'm not saying that match only but if you watch the match, these two clearly have full knowledge of each of their characters.
You'll notice Quan Chi's uppercut punishes quite a few of Jax's string and his dash punch, and his Rune Trap gives him guaranteed damage.
I don't play either of the characters but those were the things that stood out to me.
Thanks for posting that, but I've already seen that video like 5 times lol

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

I put it at a 5 5 because i thought that while quan ducked all the strings and all, once he got a gits, quan would be trapped by the ground pound oki and be cornered. But i see how it could be in qcs favor after watching that match again.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I don't agree on Quan having the advantage on Jax.

I would put cage at 3 7 cage's favor. NW at 4 6 NW's favor. And Liu and 4 6 Liu.
I kept telling my friend it was 7-3 jc, but he kept yelling at me and I kinda do agree with nw as disadv but prob only 4.5:5.5 and how does he lose to lk

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Stryker should only be rolling to counter Quan chi's projectile really or armor through pressure on rare occassions to be honest.
So quan out pressures him, ties in the zoning battle, but has tons of gimmiks and a huge damage output and comeback factor. What does stryker have?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't think Kitana v Quan is even. Kitana has way better footsies and rushing than Quan and if Quan makes the wrong mistake, he is gonna eat huge damage.

Yea he has the rune trap, but how would that come into play when she can make sure that he can't even touch her? Plus, with all that damage she gives out, Quan HAS to break in this matchup.

Espio

Kokomo
So quan out pressures him, ties in the zoning battle, but has tons of gimmiks and a huge damage output and comeback factor. What does stryker have?
Quan doesn't out pressure Stryker, a character who out pressures Stryker is Sonya and Cage. They're tied in that field and the zoning field as far as I'm concerned Quan and Stryker are on equal footing.

Stryker has gun cancels to bait teleports and other risky moves, 40% mid screen damage, a reset, mix ups off his gun cancels into throws, pokes, blockstrings etc., pressure breaking armor move, good meter build off of gun cancels, All of Stryker's big damaging combos are 0 to -3 on block (i.e. safe)

Quan and Stryker both have a near identical uppercut, both of which are very good.

Stryker has a standard/decent set of pokes with his 6 frame down 1, 7 frame down 3 and 12 frame down 4.

It's a decimal point of o.5, my chart has it as 5-5, not really a big deal to me, my original point is simply that roll toss is a counterattack move, not one to be throw out randomly.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I don't think Kitana v Quan is even. Kitana has way better footsies and rushing than Quan and if Quan makes the wrong mistake, he is gonna eat huge damage.

Yea he has the rune trap, but how would that come into play when she can make sure that he can't even touch her? Plus, with all that damage she gives out, Quan HAS to break in this matchup.
How does Kitana has better footsies by a lot? Quan Chi has f12 which has a huge range and leads to rune trap on block and combo on hit and quan chi has a bigger damage output than kitana so hey both have to break

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Quan doesn't out pressure Stryker, a character who out pressures Stryker is Sonya and Cage. They're tied in that field and the zoning field as far as I'm concerned Quan and Stryker are on equal footing.

Stryker has gun cancels to bait teleports and other risky moves, 40% mid screen damage, a reset, mix ups off his gun cancels into throws, pokes, blockstrings etc., pressure breaking armor move, good meter build off of gun cancels, All of Stryker's big damaging combos are 0 to -3 on block (i.e. safe)

Quan and Stryker both have a near identical uppercut, both of which are very good.

Stryker has a standard/decent set of pokes with his 6 frame down 1, 7 frame down 3 and 12 frame down 4.

It's a decimal point of o.5, my chart has it as 5-5, not really a big deal to me, my original point is simply that roll toss is a counterattack move, not one to be throw out randomly.
You got some good points, but in my opinion Quan Chi barely beats stryker and in yours its equal. It doesnt't really matter which one and thanks for taking your time to answer