What's new

Quan Chi Matchup Chart open for discussion

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
1) quan chi isn't going to dash back and throw a skull on reaction that's impossible. I'm simply going to throw a skull dash back and throw another and repeat. Also quan chi can telestomp arrow and lightning on reaction. Plus he has unreflectable long range attacks, which are trance and runes. What are you gonna do about rune zoning? Reflect? no. And if you wanna try lightning or arrow I could easily not be throwing a rune and telestomp them on reaction into a 52% rune trap. That's not a risk that nightwolf should be willing to take.
2) I do admit better footsies which is why I have qc loosing this mu
3) quan chi actually has higher damage by ending combos with a reset and then going into rune trap. Quan Chi can actually do over 90% midscreen. Even if quan chi doesn't have meter his bnb's are about 5% less tan nightwolf's, but if you add in the basically garenteed grab after a reset its higher.
4) Quan Chi might be pushed towards the corner, but not into it. Right as quan chi can't back up and zone any more he'll be agressive and won't let himself get cornered.
5) fair enough, but you don't have an unlimited supply of breakers
I hardly use arrows and lightning as is so the threat of punishment on this isn't that scary...but all I need is one lightning to hit to do an extra 32% on top of a 42% combo...also if I hit a regular lightning after combos I get an extra 8% keeping mine higher. That
Point doesn't really matter though. What matters is that by doing long range runes, u open yourself up to shoulder and lightning. Yes you can punish those if you don't and guess right with a tele. It's a trade that is based on reads, not tools...they pretty much cancel each other out. And don't get me started on trance. Let me block it once...see what happens then.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I hardly use arrows and lightning as is so the threat of punishment on this isn't that scary...but all I need is one lightning to hit to do an extra 32% on top of a 42% combo...also if I hit a regular lightning after combos I get an extra 8% keeping mine higher. That
Point doesn't really matter though. What matters is that by doing long range runes, u open yourself up to shoulder and lightning. Yes you can punish those if you don't and guess right with a tele. It's a trade that is based on reads, not tools...they pretty much cancel each other out. And don't get me started on trance. Let me block it once...see what happens then.
Are you really talking about hitting me with the lightning trap after combos. Anyone that is anything decent at this game will tech roll out every time. And if you try it you're gonna get punished by I believe the whole cast. With quan chi its a sky drop into rune trap. And yes the character's tools do cancel each others out which is why its about an even mu. I have it at 4.5-5.5 in nws favor, because of nw having better footsies.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Are you really talking about hitting me with the lightning trap after combos. Anyone that is anything decent at this game will tech roll out every time. And if you try it you're gonna get punished by I believe the whole cast. With quan chi its a sky drop into rune trap. And yes the character's tools do cancel each others out which is why its about an even mu. I have it at 4.5-5.5 in nws favor, because of nw having better footsies.
Lightning trap isn't a guarantee...but it's a guess on your part and it does work sometimes. Rolling out just delays when I do it. But if I want until youe wakeup attack invincibility ends it will work or force you to use eh tele which doesn't lead to runes. It's at a minimum 6-4 for NW.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Lightning trap isn't a guarantee...but it's a guess on your part and it does work sometimes. Rolling out just delays when I do it. But if I want until youe wakeup attack invincibility ends it will work or force you to use eh tele which doesn't lead to runes. It's at a minimum 6-4 for NW.
why can't I just normal tele out it has armor on wakeup like all wakeup attacks

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
well sheeva could be considered 8-2, because soapbox said that he could np under fireball which would make is 8-2.
whoopdie doo dah day. Cage can nut punch under a lot of stuff. Sheeva's ex grab is really fast and can catch cage off guard, but we aren't here to discuss about that.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
why can't I just normal tele out it has armor on wakeup like all wakeup attacks
Any wakeup attack in the game makes eh lightning wiff IF I do the lightning on your wakeup.

Wakeup attacks only have 11 frames on invincibility so if I do the eh lightning on the start of your wakeup invincibility, by the time this move hits, the invincibility is over. Eh moves have 22 frames of invincibility making if more likely escapeable. If your going to use a wakeup attack I must delay the eh lightning just enough. If you don't wakeup attack it hits. If you armor it's free. But if you think I'm going to do it and you tele yet I don't, then the punish will hurt. It's about timing on my part.

Somberness please confirm.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Any wakeup attack in the game makes eh lightning wiff IF I do the lightning on your wakeup.

Wakeup attacks only have 11 frames on invincibility so if I do the eh lightning on the start of your wakeup invincibility, by the time this move hits, the invincibility is over. Eh moves have 22 frames of invincibility making if more likely escapeable. If your going to use a wakeup attack I must delay the eh lightning just enough. If you don't wakeup attack it hits. If you armor it's free. But if you think I'm going to do it and you tele yet I don't, then the punish will hurt. It's about timing on my part.

Somberness please confirm.
Well I can always ex sky drop wakeup and make it wiff. If you wiff a lightning I can wiff punish and if you don't you have to be really fast to punish a wiffed teleport. But I'm most likely just gonna tech roll out. I'd really like to see how you'd beat a tech roll jump ever. I you can then congratulations

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
well sheeva could be considered 8-2, because soapbox said that he could np under fireball which would make is 8-2. And sheeva posses things that qc doesn't called armor and wakeups
i can np under it, who cares lol. that gives her a free du mixup. That is a 7 3 matchup. And qc is 6 4 cage. completly meter dependent but jc builds more meter. That is it. Also with your discussion with L0rdoftheFLY , he is right. He can just change the timing. Just look at the frame data. Lets be fair, i know you have never played a high level nightwolf extensively.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
ive played fly online, as well as Big D offline, and ripcrowley all the time. I think its 6-4 in NW's favor. quan does have his perks in this MU, but it is difficult. zoning with far rune is his friend.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
ive played fly online, as well as Big D offline, and ripcrowley all the time. I think its 6-4 in NW's favor. quan does have his perks in this MU, but it is difficult. zoning with far rune is his friend.
I agree, but the rune trap does make it very tough for pretty much ANY character given the right circumstances. But overall, I'll agree with 6-4 NW

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
this is def a MU in NW's favor. I got bodied frayy by Fly's NW. Making my second char look like a derp on stream that one night haha.
To be fair viper...your quan was really good like 4-5 months ago and it was scary at times. but scince Freddy became your main, your quan has gotten weak. Step up son!

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
To be fair viper...your quan was really good like 4-5 months ago and it was scary at times. but scince Freddy became your main, your quan has gotten weak. Step up son!
Fry prs. Quan Cheese is steadily making his come back. Also, your NW is just that good vs my quan haha.