What's new

General/Other Q&A with Kung Lao

BTW guys does anybody use 24 command grab 4 as combo ender? It leaves the opponents closer to you and you have time before ythey can get up. its also easier to get than the 2 follow up.

man, does somebody know any midscreen BnB without meter that does around the same damage as the spin-jkick-divekick- 1-24grab? I just hate the combo as it leaves you at less advantage than ending it with a spin like in the older combo. I like to end the combo with the 4grab but sometimes you cant get the link and I dont want to let people get out of the corner because it switches sides.

man, does somebody know any midscreen BnB without meter that does around the same damage as the spin-jkick-divekick- 1-24grab? I just hate the combo as it leaves you at less advantage than ending it with a spin like in the older combo. I like to end the combo with the 4grab but sometimes you cant get the link and I dont want to let people get out of the corner because it switches sides.
As for the damage his best mid screen combo is,
11,2 spin, jump-kick, dive-kick, jump-kick, 2, 4 grab (plus ▲) but this leaves u as u said with less advantage.

i prefer to not grab but instead tele-port (3). so u stand right infront his face and the damage follows.
also a good 1 is, 11,2 spin, jumpkick, divekick, roll, spin than immdiatly throw a low hat. 9 out of ten times pp think they can punish the low hat, but they can't. just block that and full punish. i have won a tournament with KL yesterday on ps3 and xbox. the stream will be shown here @testyourmight, ill post a link of some videos that show some advanced mind games not seen jet.

11,2 spin, jump-kick, dive-kick, jump-kick, 2, 4 grab (plus ▲) but this leaves u as u said with less advantage.

i prefer to not grab but instead tele-port (3). so u stand right infront his face and the damage follows.
also a good 1 is, 11,2 spin, jumpkick, divekick, roll, spin than immdiatly throw a low hat. 9 out of ten times pp think they can punish the low hat, but they can't. just block that and full punish. i have won a tournament with KL yesterday on ps3 and xbox. the stream will be shown here @testyourmight, ill post a link of some videos that show some advanced mind games not seen jet.
Thanks I am mostly using the f3 into spin ender combo right now for almost anything right now, like teleport 3/2 starter air to air combos and stuff. the grab combo is a punish combo only for me right now. And I dont quite understand what you mean with throwing a low hat right after you do the combo? doesnt the low hat whiff? if people use a wakeup attack they are going to punish it right? Anyway Im looking forward those strats. And I cant seem to find the stream for the tourney? what is it called?

congrats on your tourney win btw

Also if you dont end the combo in the grab, youre still sacrifing damage for pressure, in that case I still prefer the spin ender

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
And I dont quite understand what you mean with throwing a low hat right after you do the combo? doesnt the low hat whiff?r
i think its supposed to whif, and that 9 out of 10 people think they can punish it, which he then blocks and punishes with full combo. sorry for butting in and sorry if im wrong. but i think thats what he meant

i think its supposed to whif, and that 9 out of 10 people think they can punish it, which he then blocks and punishes with full combo. sorry for butting in and sorry if im wrong. but i think thats what he meant
That is some serious mindfuck.... thank you Im gonna use this. How did I not realise that.

Thanks I am mostly using the f3 into spin ender combo right now for almost anything right now, like teleport 3/2 starter air to air combos and stuff. the grab combo is a punish combo only for me right now. And I dont quite understand what you mean with throwing a low hat right after you do the combo? doesnt the low hat whiff? if people use a wakeup attack they are going to punish it right? Anyway Im looking forward those strats. And I cant seem to find the stream for the tourney? what is it called?

congrats on your tourney win btw

Also if you dont end the combo in the grab, youre still sacrifing damage for pressure, in that case I still prefer the spin ender
thanks, stream should be up this week. as mattman said, it whiffs almost every wake up if u connect the low hat right after f3, spin. i haven't test this on all the moves, but i know for sure that it won't work against retiles elbow dash. if u not grab/f3, spin in the end of the combo but teleport instead, u can get a 45% reset out of it.

Theme

Noob
24spin.... Why does his whiff (the spin) so many times? You have to be REALLY close to the opponent. I thnk thats horrible..

Theme

Noob

How much does this combo do, do you know?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
What do you mean stance specific? As in you have to be closer to him?
No I mean that the spin hitting when using 24~spin (Unless in the corner I think) is stance dependant. Try changing stance and trying again. 24~spin isn't generally recommended as a result.

Theme

Noob
Oh I see. That is really lame. I thought it was due to the fact that spin has such a small hitbox, but sometimes it doesnt seem so.

How much does this combo do, do you know?
it depends on how u start the combo. without teleport, 3... it should be 36% if u start it with the teleport its something like 40%
2,4 spin depends on ur stance (from left chest to screen, from right back to screen) i know its fukin lame

What do you mean stance specific? As in you have to be closer to him?
either way its risky even if it connected 100% of the time, because I dont think its hit confirmable. one of the things you can use 24 spin is when they block the 24 and try to punish or pressure you, 24 looks likes it is at hella disadvantaged if blocked but it isnt. if they pressure you you can just spin them out of whatever they do.

BTW if youre actually going for damage when punishing, then 21spin should be your starting string

Theme

Noob
Im not quite understanding your combo lol. Im trying to do it in the lab, but I dont think it works. 112 (or 21) spin, jump kick, dive kick, THEN jump kick again into 2/4 grab?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Im not quite understanding your combo lol. Im trying to do it in the lab, but I dont think it works. 112 (or 21) spin, jump kick, dive kick, THEN jump kick again into 2/4 grab?
Main BnBs are 112 or 21 (for punish) spin, JK/DK, dash, 1, dash, 24 1+3, 2 or with meter is 112/21 JK/DK, dash 2~ex hat, dash 1, dash 24, 1+3, 2.

lol srry i wrote it down wrong, its 21, spin, jump kick, divekick, divekick, 24 grab (tab▲) its a difficult combo tho

Theme

Noob
Main BnBs are 112 or 21 (for punish) spin, JK/DK, dash, 1, dash, 24 1+3, 2 or with meter is 112/21 JK/DK, dash 2~ex hat, dash 1, dash 24, 1+3, 2.
Yes I do this combo a lot, just I need a meterless higher damage combo. Something like 35% would be fine too. The ending 2 doesnt come out often enough to count it.

I got a question concerning the "Chained Fist" combo. Sometimes instead of ending with a normal high hit, it looks like its hitting with Hat Swipe. Does anyone know why this is or am I just not seeing what is actually happening, KL is pretty fast after all, lol.

EDIT: Was being lazy and didnt search. Just hit 1+2 at the end and you get a medium.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Hey guys, I'm trying to pick up Lao for Liu's bad MU's. (It is another mirror I enjoy as well, next to Subby)

I was wondering what the b-line is to Lao. I know not to use Low Hat for his pressure game. (Courtesy of UFG) As of right now I'm using his 1121 as his main pressure string. Though I'm just mindlessly doing it, I don't know the reasoning behind it. I use b33 into Spin to keep them blocking low. I rarely use his 24 string. I usually use it to end a round, and never use 24 Low Hat. d3 and Spins after 1121 to prevent them from poking. I only know his pressure game. I feel like I'm doing something wrong here, or rather, I'm missing something.

What can I do to improve my Lao?