What's new

PS2 to 360 Converter by eTokki

Patiently waiting for my xtokki converter now..they were out of stock for WEEKS and was finally able to place my order a couple days ago. Like many, I'm just fed up with the 360's shit d pad. Also, having the 360's D pad where the left analog stick is on the PS controller just feels awkward when I'm using it primarily.

In the mean time I've been using this which I picked up for $20:
http://www.madcatz.com/productinfo.asp?page=247&GSProd=5081&GSCat=97&CategoryImg=Xbox_360_Controllers

I'm always skeptical when buying 3rd party controllers but it's actually pretty well made. Similar to a genesis controller but a little beefier. The D pad is still a "floating" style but it's far more precise and comfortable than the 360's. It's great for the arcade collection because it gives an authentic old school feel, and a pretty fun novelty. Although I'm sure once I get my xtokki I'll use that the most. The PS controller is just prime for fighting games.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm just tired of having down pokes come out as specials or standing normals because the controller registers down back instead of just down. I've lost many games because of it :S

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Just wanted to mention I got mine in the mail last week, and it's BEAUTIFUL. This is a must buy if you hate the xbox pad.

I received mine a couple of days ago. I ordered two. One of them works flawlessly but the other is having syncing problems. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. This makes me wonder about the durability of this item. Better than nothing tho

Somberness

Lights
I think they have problems with 2 wired controllers at the same time, if you disconnect one during MK, you can't sync it again until you reconnect or something.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I'm very curious if this works with MC Cthulu ps2...
If you make a modified playstation 1/2 cable (rj45 to playstation 1/2 plug) it should work. I think the biggest problem is that the MC Cthulu has to be in PS2 mode before plugging in to the 360...

Sasuga

Noob
If you make a modified playstation 1/2 cable (rj45 to playstation 1/2 plug) it should work. I think the biggest problem is that the MC Cthulu has to be in PS2 mode before plugging in to the 360...

Edit: The 'easiest' thing, instead of the converter, would be to padhack a 360 controller and link it to a ChimpSMD (or a MC and Imp)
Yeah, I planned on doing a padhack at first but I'm looking to modify a hitbox with it (when it gets here:)). When doing a padhack, you will not get the desired SOCD behaviour (with opposing directional inputs canceling out the way ps3-hitbox does it) so the MC Cthulu with converter seems the better choice. Good point though, I'll investigate this.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Yeah, I planned on doing a padhack at first but I'm looking to modify a hitbox with it (when it gets here:)). When doing a padhack, you will not get the desired SOCD behaviour (with opposing directional inputs canceling out the way ps3-hitbox does it) so the MC Cthulu with converter seems the better choice. Good point though, I'll investigate this.
I'm going to ask Toodles on this one, I think he has some new firmware that deals with this matter...

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Has anyone tested this out on the new Slim 360s? I just got mine in yesterday and have tried 2 PS2 controllers and it isn't working. The converter lights up, my analog light can light up but it's not working for me for some reason. Any particular order you plug them in or anything? This sucks.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Has anyone tested this out on the new Slim 360s? I just got mine in yesterday and have tried 2 PS2 controllers and it isn't working. The converter lights up, my analog light can light up but it's not working for me for some reason. Any particular order you plug them in or anything? This sucks.
Really? Crap, that sucks. I was concerned that the slims may have this issue.

redeyes

Button Masher
it works for me on my slim. and ive had my slim since after summerjam. no problems at all.

Sasuga

Noob
I recently upgraded my hitbox with a MC Cthulhu chip. This is 100% compatible with the xTokki converter. So if you wan't to get a hitbox to work on your xbox 360, this an easy way to do it. You can just get this converter and the MC Cthulhu upgrade kit. You just need to replace the chip on the Cthulhu with the one from the upgrade kit. Then all you need to make it work is solder a spare ps cable onto the board and plug it into the converter. It's not very pretty as you'll have the ps cable coming out of your hitbox but ofcourse there are ways around it. With an RJ45 plug for example.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I finally got one of these a couple weeks ago and these things are the truth. Absolutely godlike. GET ONE NOW!!

When I play mk2, I like to use the analog stick in combination with the dpad to do tricky moves like scorpion's foward walking spear. Would this be a problem with this converter considering that the analog stick pulls up the dashboard?