What's new

PS2 to 360 Converter by eTokki

Tim Static

Adminerator
(props to CRKFIEND for bringing this to my attention!!)

http://etokki.com/Xbox360/Xtokki360

eTokki.com presents, Xtokki 360, a brand new PS2 to XBOX360 converter!

Xtokki 360 allows you to directly connect your PS or PS2 controller to XBOX360, enabling you to play XBOX360 games with your favorite PS/PS2 controllers without the need of a wired XBOX360 controller for bypass.

It's perfect for using your standard PS/PS2 controllers, fight sticks, and steering wheels on your XBOX360!

[Xtokki 360 Features]

- Converts PS1/PS2 controller to XBOX360 with no delay, lag or dropped inputs

- Directly connect & play without the need of a wired Xbox360 controller

- Supports Xbox360 headsets

- Supports vibration feedback

- All buttons, directional pad, and analog sticks are fully converted

- PS/PS2 controller's ANALOG button acts as the GUIDE button

- The converter has a GUIDE button on the side for PS/PS2 controllers without an ANLAOG button

- Features 4 LEDs to indicate connecting status and player assignment

- Features a toggle switch on the back to choose between "Wheel Mode" & "Pad Mode"

- Multiple Xtokki 360 converters can be plugged in simultaneously without compatibility issues

- Can also be used on PC when you install MS official XBOX360 controller driver for your OS

- Features a long USB cable at 1.80m

*This product comes in bulk packaging

These need to be purchased by everyone who travels to tourneys, plays on 360 but wants to use a Dual Shock, etc etc. They work FLAWLESSLY with Dual Shock 2 and even a custom PS1/2 stick i have. I swear by these bad boys!

CRKFIEND

Noob
Thanks for the props, but it wasn't my find... Someone recommended it here on one of the boards I traverse. (Sorry, I don't remember who) but anyhow I ordered one today - I'll try it out. I'll try to give a decent review on it - if it works as advertised.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Any updates on how the converter works? I really would like to buy one but if it's ass then no go lol.
No - I did buy it though. After I get it, I will let you know... Be warned, I ordered the converter a WEEK AND A HALF ago and it just shipped out, with a 2 week delivery time. Not very happy, since my payment was instant through paypal.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Same exact thing happened to me. I have no idea why it took them a week and half to process my order and now a 2 week lead time....

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ordered one last night and it already shipped.

No - I did buy it though. After I get it, I will let you know... Be warned, I ordered the converter a WEEK AND A HALF ago and it just shipped out, with a 2 week delivery time. Not very happy, since my payment was instant through paypal.
Damn lol. I hope for everyone's sake that this converter works properly.

Well the shop is located in Korea, and he is probably getting huge demand for these right now.

But usually it doesn't take the full 2 weeks to arrive, I've had stuff arrive from him to Ohio in about 5-6 days.

And the converter will be solid, Laugh is extremely thorough testing his products before putting them up for sale. If it had any lag at all, he wouldn't sell it.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Well the shop is located in Korea, and he is probably getting huge demand for these right now.

But usually it doesn't take the full 2 weeks to arrive, I've had stuff arrive from him to Ohio in about 5-6 days.

And the converter will be solid, Laugh is extremely thorough testing his products before putting them up for sale. If it had any lag at all, he wouldn't sell it.
I'd hope it's solid, because I didn't plan on throwing down 20+ dollars on a dud. But the piece arrived today - so maybe later tonight I will get a chance to test the thing out. I ordered at roughly the same time that Tim posted the article. So shipping is a little slow.

Review incoming in a couple to a few days... Stay tuned.

This looks quite similar to the one I have the XConvert360 just a more improved version of it cool stuff If I had money I would order this right away for an extra converter.

CRKFIEND

Noob
CRK's review of the XTOKKI 360

First I'd like to say I was Wow'ed by the overall look and quality of build of the XTokki 360. Aside from the white casing on converter, pretty much everything else on the adapter, the USB cable, and headset jack look pretty much like official Xbox 360 hardware. Bravo Xtokki.

But honestly, looks aren't why you are reading this, so let's get right down to business.

THE GOOD

The Xtokki plugs in to your 360 over USB, and has 4 LED's, conveniently labeled 1 through 4, showing which player you are. Nice touch. Playing through practice mode I will tell you this: They advertised lag-free, and they meant it. All of my combos came out without a hitch -- Well, that is unless I screwed it up. I have never used any other PS2 adapter on 360, but I'm proud to say that I'll probably never need another.

Unlike other adapters, you do not need a wired 360 controller to make the PS2 pad work, that is a big plus in my book. The less junk around my TV, the less the wife yells at me. Also, the 360 guide button has been emulated, and is the PS2's analog button which works well also.

Also there is PLENTY of cord length, even for the largest of rooms. With the XTOKKI360 at roughly 5 feet of cord, plugged into the PS2 controller, there's plenty of cord for you to smoke out on your porch while kicking someone's ass as Ermac.

THE BAD

Yes, there are also negatives that I had with this adapter. Firstly the headset adapter is on the adapter body. I understand it HAS to be this way, but if you are sitting far away from your xbox 360, and the cord is stretched across your room - don't expect to be able to talk to your friends with a wired mic. Chances are your PS2 cord will simply out-run your wired headset cable. I personally don't have any issue with this, because I use a wireless mic online.

NOTE: I did not test the quality of a wired microphone plugged into the Xtokki 360 online.

Secondly, there is a redundant Xbox Guide button on the adapter. I'm not really sure why it's there considering the Analog PS2 button functions as a guide button. But - truth be told, I did step on the adapter once while playing, and it knocked me right back to the xbox guide screen. This may be a feature for someone out there, but I think more people will find it an annoyance.

I also tested out the analog sticks. Personally I do not use the analog sticks for fighting games, but I do use them on various shooters that I play. Trust me when I say, The XTokki 360 isn't made for the shooter enthusiast. It's not really the fault of the Xtokki 360, but the Xbox 360 controller's analog sticks are far superior to the analog sticks supplied with the PS2 controller. I played about a half-hour of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with the Xtokki 360 before I got tired of the PS2 controller, and switched back to my officially licensed 360 controller. The analog sticks are responsive though, and do work well. I suppose my big American bear paws just can't stand the layout of the PS2 sticks. Also the sensitivity of the PS2 sticks just make shooters awkward.

As I side note I would like to point out that the button edges on the X, O, Triangle, and Square buttons are not as smooth on the PS2 controller as they are on the PS3 pads. If you play like I do and sometimes slide your fingers from button-to-button, you will notice that it is more difficult because of the rough edges of the buttons. It's certainly not a deal-breaker - but there is a learning curve to them.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I really do like the XTokki 360 Adapter, and I'm glad I purchased it. The pros of this adapter far outweigh the cons. If you are a high-level player on the 360 I whole-heartedly recommend the Xtokki 360 adapter. I will continue to play the 360 version of Mortal Kombat with the XTokki 360, as long as I own both.

zee

Icy
Thanks for the comprehensive review CRKFIEND! I believe the guide button is just there for those using a PS1 or any 3rd party controller which does not have an Analog button.

Could you please let us know which shipping option you chose, and how long it took to arrive?

CRKFIEND

Noob
You're correct about that button Zee. Good call. I didn't get the rush shipping. Whatever the standard airmail shipping was. It cost me about 2 dollars to ship. I believe it took just under three weeks to get to me.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Would you say the Ps2 pad is significantly more precise when it comes to inputs than any of the 360 pads? I've adapted to the 360 pad well with time but it does still let me down at times. It's pretty garbage, to be honest, because I'll low jab rather than ice clone frustratingly often.

Would I notice a positive difference if I switched to playing on a ps2 pad?

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Ps3/Ps2 pad are miles more accurate compared to any 360 pad. Period. Trust me I have both consoles and spent around 120 on pads for the 360. Then played one night with a ps3 pad and realized the difference immediately. For example on a xbox pad if you press back, while your playing against someone, it's possible to press down back by mistake. Especially under high stress situation. But when you press back on a ps3 pad you know your pressing ONLY back. Also, this is just preference, my hands are significantly smaller than most average male hands. My mother and girlfriend call the computer hands. And since the ps3 pads is significantly slimmer than the 360 pad it works for me.

EDIT: within a week you'll be accustomed to the the ps3 pad.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Would you say the Ps2 pad is significantly more precise when it comes to inputs than any of the 360 pads? I've adapted to the 360 pad well with time but it does still let me down at times. It's pretty garbage, to be honest, because I'll low jab rather than ice clone frustratingly often.

Would I notice a positive difference if I switched to playing on a ps2 pad?
It's not to say that the PS2 pad is more precise. The PS2 directional pad is a more forgiving pad. The 360 pad connects all the directions together which makes it kind of a pain in the ass for most players due to accidently pressing a direction off center. The ps2 pad has 4 individual direction buttons, allowing ease of input for specials\combos\etc... have you ever done a super move like a spear, and accidently punch because you actually hit BACK DOWN BACK?? Well, if you do on a PS2 pad it is YOUR fault. The 360 controller is just as precise as the PS2 pad, the PS2 pad just has a much larger margin for error.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
It's not to say that the PS2 pad is more precise. The PS2 directional pad is a more forgiving pad. The 360 pad connects all the directions together which makes it kind of a pain in the ass for most players due to accidently pressing a direction off center. The ps2 pad has 4 individual direction buttons, allowing ease of input for specials\combos\etc... have you ever done a super move like a spear, and accidently punch because you actually hit BACK DOWN BACK?? Well, if you do on a PS2 pad it is YOUR fault. The 360 controller is just as precise as the PS2 pad, the PS2 pad just has a much larger margin for error.
Yes. That's what I mean. I struggle with the floating style of the 360 pad (even on the raisable dpad), because you get inputs mixed in you don't want when you're under pressure.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I will second CRKFIEND's endorsement. This is a great adapter. Feels lag free. I'm doing Kitana's combos with the njp and dashes just fine.

RapZiLLa54

I'm still waiting for mine and worst of all I got a package in the mail thinking it was it but it was the INPIN ps2 to ps3 converter I ordered (so i can use one controller for both systems no matter where I am) that shipped out 3 days after the Xbox one shipped out.

Xbox one bought on the 16, shipped the 24th still haven't received it.

Ps2 one bought on the 24th, shipped on the 27th and I got it today 7/5 ( i dont own a ps3 so I can't even use this lol)

Wtf.....

RapZiLLa54

It finally arrived on Friday, got caught up in customs.

Let me start off by saying this bad boy was worth the wait. There is virtually no input lag that I can detect and playing with a ps2 controller is a beautiful thing. If you've been contemplating buying this I suggest you pull the trigger!!

10/10

Just ordered mine, fed up with the garbage xbox dpad. I grew up playing fighting games on playstation controllers and the last console i owned was ps2 which was almost 5 years ago. When MK9 came out I had to come back to gaming but I went for the 360 cause I found one for cheap but had I known how shitty the dpad was i would have just forked out the extra money for a ps3....dammit

Tim Static

Adminerator
Just ordered mine, fed up with the garbage xbox dpad. I grew up playing fighting games on playstation controllers and the last console i owned was ps2 which was almost 5 years ago. When MK9 came out I had to come back to gaming but I went for the 360 cause I found one for cheap but had I known how shitty the dpad was i would have just forked out the extra money for a ps3....dammit
Still got a better console. :) and now it isnt doesnt matter what console you got, you can use the ps2 pad on both consoles with either the eTokki for 360 or the InPin for PS3.

Tim Static

Adminerator