What's new

Proof that Ash Williams was supposed to be in Kombat Pack 1

• QLoc (I assume) accidentally leak 70% of the cast on Steam achievements months before reveal
  • NRS leave DLC dialogues on disc to be easily datamined
  • NRS accidentally put DLC release dates in the metadata (if you'd call it that) of their youtube trailer promo
  • NRS accidentally just flat out puts Ash's name for the world to see in-game
Lol
And when everything fails, we have Ed """teasing""" (revealing and spoiling) on twitter

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
If this is real, I wonder if its the reason for all the delays with info, maybe they had to pull Ash and throw in Joker last minute?

And if it is real does that mean we won't be getting Ash at all?
I believe Ash isn't gonna be in MK11.he did an interview stating his contracts didn't want MK to make money off his TV series that only allowed him to voice foe a cameo. He could be in an intro or NPC data or simply scrapped do to contract restrictions? Who knows but I believe him. I feel there is no legit reason for him to lie About his involvement with MK11 on TV where he will be proven wrong later! Id f He wAs really in he could have said no comment or I can't speak about games (since they are making an evil dead game)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
People are already panicking that KP1 is going to be all we get.

I think NRS might have been serious when they talked about supporting the game for a longer time and packing it with content. Kind of a year 2 thing where aside from characters we might get more stages or a new part of the Krypt or whatever.
There is data to support your theory in the switch leaked datamine. There was info that showed extensions to the krypt with the living forest you have to teleport to as an add on later on. More stages and 19 DLC characters so its entirely possible they will support the game 4-5 years or longer. Boon expressed that he was getting tired of making fighting games and wanted to venture down other roads in other genres. He also stated in the same interview that they would support MK11 longer than any title.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
-get the pre-order money from Ash fans.
-change characters and get pre-order money from Joker fans.

It was bad enough when they waited until they got all the before/during the Beta pre-orders before they announced there was no such thing as competitive customization, a LOT of which I imagine would've never been made had the buyers known the truth.

Joyless cash grab.

I think they just thought “you know what? With all these leaks we’re gonna surprise everyone and put Joker into Pack 1 instead of Ash, and save him for Pack 2.”

Kratilim

Noob
Looking at all the evidence (early datamine leaks, image popup ingame for the trailer, and the chainsaw sound in the Shang trailer), I think we can conclude that the plan was to have Ash as part of the kombat pack. But the deal fell through for whatever reason and they needed to scramble in order to get joker in a presentable state. Which is why he looks unfinished compared to the others. Because he is. I'm sure he'll look a lot better when he gets his own trailer.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Looking at all the evidence (early datamine leaks, image popup ingame for the trailer, and the chainsaw sound in the Shang trailer), I think we can conclude that the plan was to have Ash as part of the kombat pack. But the deal fell through for whatever reason and they needed to scramble in order to get joker in a presentable state. Which is why he looks unfinished compared to the others. Because he is. I'm sure he'll look a lot better when he gets his own trailer.
A new Evil Dead game is coming, probably there was a conflict with that and they ended the agreement.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
People blaming NRS for this and STILL saying they don't listen to fans are idiots. This is clearly all WB. Also, it most likely is a change in schedule and you will get your precious Ash somewhere next year. Chill.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
-get the pre-order money from Ash fans.
-change characters and get pre-order money from Joker fans.

It was bad enough when they waited until they got all the before/during the Beta pre-orders before they announced there was no such thing as competitive customization, a LOT of which I imagine would've never been made had the buyers known the truth.

Joyless cash grab.
The DLC was never officially announced. So if you bought the KP1 based on leaks/rumors that’s your fault.

And you could have canceled your pre-order.