What's new

Proof that Ash Williams was supposed to be in Kombat Pack 1

Gamer68

Fujin!
Yeah, one of the reasons why I think we will be getting Ash, Fujin, and Sheeva isn't just the fact that they were in the files, or that it seems Ash was in the original KP1 line-up, it's that a lot of their dialogue seems to be done. If I remember right, Fujin had a TON of dialogue in the files, maybe just as much Nightwolf. I can see them doing some lines before they know he will be made or not, but to put so many subtitles in the game before it's actually a go doesn't really make much sense.

That, and I think we could be getting Season 2 because maybe NRS can't release a game every two years anymore. Characters are taking longer to make than before, the game had some problems at release probably because they had to rush, and NRS was called out for extreme crunches and work conditions. There are probably some studio changes happening/coming up. That along with the transition to next gen consoles, NRS might need more time for their next game.

So NRS might have an opportunity to keep working on MK11 on the side instead of dropping it a year into the game's lifecycle like they usually would. This is all speculation, of course.

EDIT: Spelling.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This makes me think back to Boon's 'This wasn't our choice' tweet. While I don't think the release dates would've changed much, I get the feeling NRS would've been much more timely with their announcements, but WB threw a wrench in there somehow.
yep, thinking better, seems that Boon slipped a clue on that twitter about the current situation regarding marketing final decisions ..... and , some plans had to be redone at the very last minute, hehe ..... yep, your observation make a lot of sense ! :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This makes me think back to Boon's 'This wasn't our choice' tweet. While I don't think the release dates would've changed much, I get the feeling NRS would've been much more timely with their announcements, but WB threw a wrench in there somehow.
And in that previous announcement trailer, in the Shang reveal one, they listed Nightwolf, Sindel and then Spawn so it seems that they may have changed them around. Unless that order had nothing to do with it, but a lot of people thought Sindel was next.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
And in that previous announcement trailer, in the Shang reveal one, they listed Nightwolf, Sindel and then Spawn so it seems that they may have changed them around. Unless that order had nothing to do with it, but a lot of people thought Sindel was next.
Yeah, especially with them releasing 2 MK characters back to back, it's super weird to suddenly release a guest and then Sindel after that. It's no doubt to match Terminator's release with the new film. But yeah, Sindel mains got burned, low-key

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah, especially with them releasing 2 MK characters back to back, it's super weird to suddenly release a guest and then Sindel after that. It's no doubt to match Terminator's release with the new film. But yeah, Sindel mains got burned, low-key
Yep, WB is behind this 100%.

Does Anyone know when that Spawn film is supposed to come out?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
At least we know some of the KP2 characters.

Ash
Fujin
Sheeva

Wonder what other 3 will be in it. Unless, of course, Ash is just a skin of another character which has been rumored.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Yep, WB is behind this 100%.

Does Anyone know when that Spawn film is supposed to come out?
I don't think there's an official release date yet, but production apparently started in June, so 2021 seems like a solid bet.

Spawn's release in MK11 must be a way to get him hyped up and back in mainstream attention.

EDIT: I meant 2020.

Last edited:
Now to me it makes sense why the late kombat pack trailer cause they had to change ash to joker, only question is why they did it? Cause of The leak?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
  • QLoc (I assume) accidentally leak 70% of the cast on Steam achievements months before reveal
  • NRS leave DLC dialogues on disc to be easily datamined
  • NRS accidentally put DLC release dates in the metadata (if you'd call it that) of their youtube trailer promo
  • NRS accidentally just flat out puts Ash's name for the world to see in-game
Lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So if true, and if that's the reason that they weren't announcing anything about the Kombat Pack for so long.. Remember when Ed said he was sorry, but that it was out of his control?

People were blowing NRS up all over the place here, for supposedly not caring about the community/fans. If negotiations from WB's side were ongoing, they probably weren't allowed to talk about anything.

This is just one example of things in the business world being a bit more complicated than they seem.. Which is why we shouldn't always assume that the company just doesn't care when something doesn't go our way.