What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
AK Harold Im going to test cards in the lab today, to make sure how exactly it beats things. Sometimes it beats them clean and other times it doesnt, so i just want to be 100% on how exactly it works

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'm really starting to doubt the effectiveness of F21 into Dash or Teleport for a reset, Zatanna can easily get hit out of it.

Just faced a Superman player who insisted on using his lasers repeatedly.

Hctib esaelp

Thanks for the free meter, asshole. Speaking of which, has anyone went up against good Superman players?

Flagg

Noob
Hey guys.

I just downloaded this chic as I was sick of playing out my skin with Lobo and Ares and I wanted a powerful main that wasn't boring or brain dead.

This character is ridiculous. She must have some beastly setups.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Hey guys.

I just downloaded this chic as I was sick of playing out my skin with Lobo and Ares and I wanted a powerful main that wasn't boring or brain dead.

cough martian manhunter cough ;)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hey guys.

Ridiculous? About the nasty set ups... Yes... But she is far to be ridiculous ;)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Cool. What about transitioning into trait? I go for BF3 MB, teleport behind, the in trait do the ground bounce then cage. Is there anything better?

Thanks <3
For trait that's good but depending on the match up you can MB BF3 Teleport backwards to fullscreen trait & zone them... In the corner after MB b3 i use B1,U3~trait cancelled into pilar... If they get hit by the otg i will get something around 38% damage puting them into the same situation for another otg pilar... If they block it i use lightning cage or if i am at the distance i use 2~sraight spark or 2~Lightning cage

You're welcome! <3

Hey guys I played AK L0rdoftheFLY and had fairly good results against his Green Arrow I think something like 4-1. His Grundy was about 2-5 and his nightwing I went about roughly even.

However what have you guys been finding as the best thing to go for when you're dealing with a Nightwing in Staff stance? My first time having to deal with it today since the game's launch. So it could be just me not knowing it or does it actually give Z problems.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hey guys I played AK L0rdoftheFLY and had fairly good results against his Green Arrow I think something like 4-1. His Grundy was about 2-5 and his nightwing I went about roughly even.

However what have you guys been finding as the best thing to go for when you're dealing with a Nightwing in Staff stance? My first time having to deal with it today since the game's launch. So it could be just me not knowing it or does it actually give Z problems.
I have played that match up not much often... But when he it in staff stance & i am af full screen i levitate & teleport away or teleport to him since his anti airs on staff stance suck & start rushing him ... I actually after that end my strings with MB Rings since if he blocks my multi kicks his rushdown with staff stance is going to be deadly

I have played that match up not much often... But when he it in staff stance & i am af full screen i levitate & teleport away or teleport to him since his anti airs on staff stance suck & start rushing him ... I actually after that end my strings with MB Rings since if he blocks my multi kicks his rushdown with staff stance is going to be deadly

That could work. I would try to do my standard f21, shennanigans and his staff wasn't having it. However something weird happened like 3 times. I would scout his b3 in staff and would teleport behind him. But as he was approaching I still got hit with some phantom hitbox. However when he was in standard escrima that's where I took the advantage.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Any tips on getting her forward and backward teleport to come out easier the port goes before i can get the foward or back input(i play on 360 stick if there any others not the arcade stick)

Any tips on getting her forward and backward teleport to come out easier the port goes before i can get the foward or back input(i play on 360 stick if there any others not the arcade stick)

Try holding forward until she begins to reappear. For whatever reason it won't accept it if you just tap the f or the b. it must be held

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Try holding forward until she begins to reappear. For whatever reason it won't accept it if you just tap the f or the b. it must be held
Its so akward why could they just Db motion i may have to drop her already because of one damn move which sucks
P.s love your vids made me want to give her a real shot

Its so akward why could they just Db motion i may have to drop her already because of one damn move which sucks
P.s love your vids made me want to give her a real shot
Thanks man. But I'm a fraudulent Zatanna man. If your character has a cross up or a vortex (Like batgirl). I won't even hit you. Like if you look at my vids again, you'll notice if I get my offense started I usually can take a bar off a person. But if they get theirs started, I can't do shit until I clash. If it happens on first health bar, I usually get 100% to 0%'ed real fast. For some reason my reaction time in this game is ass.