What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

This.

Her best metered vortex options are:

b23, ji2, 223~bf3 (MB), ji2 (29%)
b1u3, ji3, 112~bf3 (MB), ji2 (30%)

Anything else causes the jump in from the b1u3 string to whiff.

In the corner however, you can end your strings with ji2, etativel cancel 2, 2 for like an extra 4%. However, in the corner she has a meterless vortex so you should prolly use that instead.
thank you kind sir lol what meterless vortex though?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
thank you kind sir lol what meterless vortex though?
b23, ji2, etativel cancel 2, d2, f21
b1u3, ji2, etativel cancel 2, d2, f21

In the corner you can immediately follow up with either starter. Can't be mashed out, can't be backdashed, can't be meter burned b3'd out. Certain characters can parry it (batman, joker, killer frost, zod) amd Grundy and bane might be able to armour through, but I haven't tested yet. We've always got the infinite for them though...hehehe.

pedrg93

Noob
Does anyone have that thing where, when you select her in the selection screen, no name is called out? So it'll be like, "Batman" and then just silence?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Does anyone have that thing where, when you select her in the selection screen, no name is called out? So it'll be like, "Batman" and then just silence?
Yeah it's been mentioned before.

As for more glitches, I've had matches where I wasn't able to use the fountains on Atlantis at all. Like, it didn't appear the whole match even while I was standing right next to it. It was very frustrating.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
Is Zatanna OK for a noob or is she difficult like math
Zatanna is extremely hard to use, and even worse online because of the lag. If you are looking for a beginner character, I'd point you in the direction of Green Lantern. He's got complex stuff, but is very easy to approach as a newbie.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm just hoping that levitate cancels aren't going to be the cornerstone to setting up her damage and offense because right now, I suck at chaining them. I'm still wrapping my head around the way she's meant to be played. Right now it feels like I'm getting most of my damage off of punishes into MB multi kick for launch.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
I'm just hoping that levitate cancels aren't going to be the cornerstone to setting up her damage and offense because right now, I suck at chaining them. I'm still wrapping my head around the way she's meant to be played. Right now it feels like I'm getting most of my damage off of punishes into MB multi kick for launch.
Right now im leaning towards hit and run and set back up for your next trick. in a sense testament from GG

practice her infinite or corner vortex. its really helping me get her levitate cancels down

I found another cross under tech. It sets up more mind games and can set up your vortex or cross over dive kick, or standing reset with F21.. Gimmicks are fun, just don't throw this out too much. So easy to do.

F3, Dash, D2, Dash, teleport in front of back of opponent, J3 or Divekick MB, 223~Trance MB, J2. 15+29= 44 percent and a mixup.

I just got done playing someone pretty local (about 30 minutes away). Really good connection between us and some of her stuff just did not want to come out. I was watching my fingers input her divekick and nothing...

Error

Aya

Noob
So, Zatanna=Killer Frost with possibly worse get ins? If you don't think so please explain to me why this character is in the game. So far I understand her vortex, its good; now how do you go about starting it on someone? I've been fighting cpus on hard and very hard and whenever I teleport in and make a projectile whiff I still get punished. Also it seems that most strings (and specials) that are less than -13 she will not be able to punish well because of her incredibly short range. So with all this added together it basically comes out to try and zone with her. Her zoning seems okay but its more just like spamming ring toss and thats it. Anything else she can do? I heard MB ring toss teleport in is cool. How effective is that for burning a meter just to get in? I'll be playing her against some people locally tonight; but I don't think she can hang with the derp top tier characters. I hope somebody comes up with a good strat soon....

So, Zatanna=Killer Frost with possibly worse get ins? If you don't think so please explain to me why this character is in the game. So far I understand her vortex, its good; now how do you go about starting it on someone? I've been fighting cpus on hard and very hard and whenever I teleport in and make a projectile whiff I still get punished. Also it seems that most strings (and specials) that are less than -13 she will not be able to punish well because of her incredibly short range. So with all this added together it basically comes out to try and zone with her. Her zoning seems okay but its more just like spamming ring toss and thats it. Anything else she can do? I heard MB ring toss teleport in is cool. How effective is that for burning a meter just to get in? I'll be playing her against some people locally tonight; but I don't think she can hang with the derp top tier characters. I hope somebody comes up with a good strat soon....

How I start the vortex is taking use of the ring toss and making reads on if they'll jump ect. If they are getting in close you can do some levitate cancels and hopefully bait a mistake. But if you want to be as safe as possible, zone folks out with ring toss and if you see them attempting to punish or trade out you can get a naked Puppet master on read. Yes its best to MB it but you have your vortex, or in some matches while their in "derp walk" you can go into trait and zone them out from there. Making use of her trait DB3 is AMAZING and you build SO much meter off of it its well worth the Meter you spent to start it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How I start the vortex is taking use of the ring toss and making reads on if they'll jump ect. If they are getting in close you can do some levitate cancels and hopefully bait a mistake. But if you want to be as safe as possible, zone folks out with ring toss and if you see them attempting to punish or trade out you can get a naked Puppet master on read. Yes its best to MB it but you have your vortex, or in some matches while their in "derp walk" you can go into trait and zone them out from there. Making use of her trait DB3 is AMAZING and you build SO much meter off of it its well worth the Meter you spent to start it.
That's what I've been doing.