What's new

General/Other - Warrior Predator Warrior Discussion Thread

Gruff757

The Gruff
I suggest taking advantage of MB Cloaks, Discs, and practicing iaDB2 if you really want to make use of this Variation.

MB Cloaks allow you to stay invisible for 18 seconds(that's pretty bonkers), even after you get hit, somewhat hides EX flashes, plus keeps you from taking chip which is pretty handy.

Discs need to be used pretty strategically because they actually allow free DB2s if they hit (mind your distance)

be sure to practice instant air DB2 because it comes out much faster than regular, and gives a more legit mixup

you really want to take advantage of your hard knockdowns with this guy.

mid screen, you want to end juggles with cloak, disc, or self destruct(unless you are going for a kill)

in the corner, end with 3,2,1+3 for hard knock down.

dunno if all this has been said, and I dont feel like looking.

Discuss if not.

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Hey I just picked this one back after the gunslinger fiasco. I'll be playing some games whenever I can and see what this offers over hunter and HQT.

I won't lie, the first time I picked all 3 variations HQT seemed like the strongest one with low plasma caster enders that turned unsafe strings into safe ones on top of the zoning, and hunter had a lot of setup power with his trap + disk, but this one felt useless.

I hope it was just my inexperience that made it so useless, I'll try some stuff and see how it develops.

Cheers for all those variations that nobody uses!

Alvhe Feleo

This is what I've noticed so far:
- air db2 is damn fast, the ex version leads to over 33% combos.
- ground db2 is a perfect counter for low projectile spammers and those who want to play full screen away, like kenshi, because it closes the gap really fast.
- there's this insanely unsafe string, 212, that you can cancel after into anything like db2f to leap away from danger. If it connects you can follow up with b22 and anything you want after that. The time window is so good that I might ve able to connect JIPxx ex air db2 and get something ridiculous out of 1 meter.
- even when I manage to connect SD the juggle doesn't come beyond the 30%. Even though it's meterless I hit myself for 10% in order to explode so I don't see any use for it for the risk it takes. Then again, it could be due to lack of experience.
- and finally, bf1 might come in handy but I don't see a reason to use it yet.

Gruff757

The Gruff
This is what I've noticed so far:
- air db2 is damn fast, the ex version leads to over 33% combos.
- ground db2 is a perfect counter for low projectile spammers and those who want to play full screen away, like kenshi, because it closes the gap really fast.
- there's this insanely unsafe string, 212, that you can cancel after into anything like db2f to leap away from danger. If it connects you can follow up with b22 and anything you want after that. The time window is so good that I might ve able to connect JIPxx ex air db2 and get something ridiculous out of 1 meter.
- even when I manage to connect SD the juggle doesn't come beyond the 30%. Even though it's meterless I hit myself for 10% in order to explode so I don't see any use for it for the risk it takes. Then again, it could be due to lack of experience.
- and finally, bf1 might come in handy but I don't see a reason to use it yet.
you should be getting much more than 30% off of SD, are you catching them with it raw or something?

Alvhe Feleo

It just doesn't work like it does in the lab, it's not an instant f212xx bf4 *SD juggle* and perfect conditions everywhere, when it connects for some reason, which is about 1/15 times I tried vs hard AI (a good player will read it even better) it was either after a JIPxx air db2 that I didn't expect to land, a blockstring or a whiff where the AI knows it can punish me but doesn't take SD into account and boom, free juggle.

After that I can NJP, 212, b22xx bf4, or JIPxx air disk, or whateaver other combo which doesn't go as high as those corner utopical lab videos.

Also note I'm not a pro, I'm probably not using the most optimal combos but those are the ones that seem to get the best % out of my own testing.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
dude the jump in IA DB2/B3 mix-up is legit af I find. I'm starting to pick him up again and it's really cool (I got dared to use Warrior). The damage you get off of an SD combo is crazy. Even off of an air disc confirm it's something around 35-40%

dude the jump in IA DB2/B3 mix-up is legit af I find. I'm starting to pick him up again and it's really cool (I got dared to use Warrior). The damage you get off of an SD combo is crazy. Even off of an air disc confirm it's something around 35-40%
So glad to see you playing Predator Warrior. Can't wait to see all the awesome stuff you come up with.

and he has a setup for 2 bars which blows up most of the casts armored wakeups. been in the lab since I posted that, I'm enjoying this variation ALOT, just so sad that the self-detonate takes for ever to activate, but setups are possible.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
First of all the thread is awesome, full of tips and really helpful, you are quite a bunch here. I believe warrior will be more efficient as time passes
he has a safe wake up launcher. safe 50/50 1 bar
If you're talking about dread slam, I think it's -9 on block. And what's the 50/50 1 bar?

omooba

fear the moobs
First of all the thread is awesome, full of tips and really helpful, you are quite a bunch here. I believe warrior will be more efficient as time passes

If you're talking about dread slam, I think it's -9 on block. And what's the 50/50 1 bar?
is it -9? hmmm my bad, i could never punish the ex one which is why i said safe 50/50 1 bar

Hidan

is it -9? hmmm my bad, i could never punish the ex one which is why i said safe 50/50 1 bar
I was playing casuals with him the other day. Got the grip of how to play him. IAYS (instant air yautja strike) and self destruct are the only ways to open them up. The more risk the more dmg, but still it's quite hard. If only hunter was maskless too

omooba

fear the moobs
I was playing casuals with him the other day. Got the grip of how to play him. IAYS (instant air yautja strike) and self destruct are the only ways to open them up. The more risk the more dmg, but still it's quite hard. If only hunter was maskless too
can u record some gameplay? i need more motivation to use him. he does seem to have decent tools though

Hidan

can u record some gameplay? i need more motivation to use him. he does seem to have decent tools though
I'm playing 1-2 times per week with friends. I can give you what I have in theory so far

Empty neutral jumps and while midair react with 2 or YS (you generally wanna jump a lot, because these 2 are his best moves)

Mix d3/b311 & IAYS in close range

Jip~YS (before landing) & jip b311...

midscreen combos should go for dmg, corner ones should end with

1)self destruct (if you can afford it)
2)disc for happy rollers and wake up-happies
3)stealth if none of the above
4)dmg if stealth still active (or self destruct because throws during stealth...)

If cornered risk after a normal, even a down poke, to cancel into far YS, you might get some dmg, but will get out of corner. Mix it later with close YS, or no cancel, since they'll start waiting to punish

That's all I can remember for now

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
D4 into YS seems really good for footsies. I don't know if the frame data is right but it says it is -7. Also, d4 into mark disc is great for setting up b22.

Geth

Bows don't kill people, the arrows do.
Quick Question
What happens if you activate Self-Destruct before an X-Ray?
I'm assuming nothing, but am curious, and don't have the game to test it for myself.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I know this variation is lacking but is it atleast fun to play?
I've been trying to make it interesting but because the things he gains aren't very interesting it just isn't very fun.
He gains the overhead lunge, which is a pretty boring move.
The bf1 which just slaps the opponent into the air is also a pretty boring move.
The intersting thing he gains in the self-destruct. But because the start up is so slow, you have to end a juggle combo activating it (e.g. ending a combo in 4 self destruct rather than 4 bf4) which loses you out on a lot damage just to make it a safe activation which also leaves you quite a distance away from the opponent making it difficult to get in and touch the opponent before they touch you. Which means it works in a combo quite rarely which takes the fun away.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I've been trying to make it interesting but because the things he gains aren't very interesting it just isn't very fun.
He gains the overhead lunge, which is a pretty boring move.
The bf1 which just slaps the opponent into the air is also a pretty boring move.
The intersting thing he gains in the self-destruct. But because the start up is so slow, you have to end a juggle combo activating it (e.g. ending a combo in 4 self destruct rather than 4 bf4) which loses you out on a lot damage just to make it a safe activation which also leaves you quite a distance away from the opponent making it difficult to get in and touch the opponent before they touch you. Which means it works in a combo quite rarely which takes the fun away.
Ill take it that its not worth investing then. Hqt and hunter dont interest me at this moment

insignis

Noob
IMHO warrior needs a faster bf1 so it become wake up, aa and good gap punisher.
And maybe put one hit of armor AFTER ex self destruct activation (like crystaline Tremor) or make it not to go away on first hit.