What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

Notez4

Noob
No its not. It can be armored through.

Btw you can OS off of any string into EX low laser the usual way. On hit you get the combo, on block you are safe(if the string is safe)

Edit:

EX Low laser is not safe against characters with EX Slides and the like. Its better to always OS it.
My bad. Couldn't back dash it so I assumed

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
HQT Plasma Caster cancels aren't even worth it mid combo, you lose 3-4% damage consistently.

For example - b311~mb scimitar, nj2, b22~smart disc, run~32 1+3 = 41%

b31~plasma caster cancel~32~mb scimitar, nj2, b22~smart disc, run~ 32 1+3 = 38%

omooba

fear the moobs
anyone trying to get some games in tonight? i'd love to fight a good predator. psn D0PR1NC3

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Does any of his variation has real 50/50s like Erron? I mean overhead and low starters.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Does any of his variation has real 50/50s like Erron? I mean overhead and low starters.
Hunter has setups like that in the corner. Look at toms tech. Otherwise warrior has an oh launcher mb on the ground or air, but It's not super fast.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Predator's mix-ups are good without it and if you train yourself to low Plasma Shot on block, your pressure will be unreal
Yeah i figured that out after seeing some of Maximillian's gameplay with plasma cannon - low shots. Looks like a really great variation for pressure.

you manage to break 30% with it meterless?
32 plasma caster cancel 212 jf3 xx bf2 land run 4 xx bf4 does 31% meterless, might be able to get more but I'm having trouble testing due to the pc version crashing every 20 minutes. b31 into the same gets you 30%, I think you might be able to get b311 into it but it seems tight if its possible and I haven't managed to do it yet.

I hate PC MKX so much, wish I had a ps4.

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
51% 1 bar corner combo. The timing is a little strict but I can hit it pretty consistent after some practice.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Just his 32xxLP(lowplasma) is a cool little pressure tool. A little bit like Buzz Saw Lao's b2xxlow hat mix ups. The zoning is real fun with this variation

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Anyone else having difficulty inputting the far low plasma blast? The direct input not the cancellable aimed version. The low plasma comes out so fast that you barely have time to input the far direction input. Startup frames are crazy good with this. Must be why they made it only hit on impact with the ground.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Anyone else having difficulty inputting the far low plasma blast? The direct input not the cancellable aimed version. The low plasma comes out so fast that you barely have time to input the far direction input. Startup frames are crazy good with this. Must be why they made it only hit on impact with the ground.
Yeah it's a really fast input but very fluid, not clunky at all to do and i usually hate moves like that

I seem to be having good luck plasma cancelling b31 into f32 and mixing them up. I sometimes start my pressure with f12 plasma cancel and decide from there.

The close low plasma also seems to help with applying pressure and I have managed to catch a few people (online, anyway) with say a f12 low plasma followed by the above mix up options of b31 PC or f32 PC.

All online so far and only a few hours worth of playing... but I am very much enjoying this variation.