What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

Immortal

Blind justice....
Why can't you zone with him?

How many matches have you played with him?
Obviously those are first impressions. Played maybe 40 - 60 games.

Normal plasma is high, which is easily avoidable. Low plasma is kinda meh since you can just run throu and full combo punish whiff. Disk is ok but you won't win zoning wars with it also you can be hit out of it.

Don't get me wrong, Predator seems very strong overall. Damage is insane but if you're looking for pure zoning its not as good as Balanced Kenshi or Quan Chi. He's somewhat between zoning and rushdown. Got decent options for both but not amazing.

Not sure if this is a hitbox thing or a PC version thing, but when you're charging his bf3, and you change the direction the laser is aiming, if you hold the direction and press another, you can change the direction the gun is pointing without moving the laser. You can aim up and shoot down.

For example, df3, hold up, then press forward or down.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Not sure if this is a hitbox thing or a PC version thing, but when you're charging his bf3, and you change the direction the laser is aiming, if you hold the direction and press another, you can change the direction the gun is pointing without moving the laser. You can aim up and shoot down.

For example, df3, hold up, then press forward or down.
You can do it on pad too, just need to use two hands. But I have PC too so.

I just realized forward 4 is +2 on block. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I found a weird glitch in this variation. at full screen if you set the ai to block high and then throw out a ex disk and then immediately hit them with the low laser it does its full damage but it doesn't put them in hit stun

mkl

Poopbutt.
Laser cancel makes every single special cancel string Predator has safe. I can't figure out exactly how safe it makes it but Cassie can't flip kick it off of any string I've tried. Since the laser cancels are a pretty big part of his game, it would seem, this is pretty damn good.

The EX blasts also make many things a block string. 122 EX Low Laser is particularly fun, safe, and a combo starter.

Laser cancel makes every single special cancel string Predator has safe. I can't figure out exactly how safe it makes it but Cassie can't flip kick it off of any string I've tried.

The EX blasts also make many things a block string. 122 EX Low Laser is particularly fun, safe, and a combo starter.
Laser cancel makes every string so far +1 to +2 as far as i can visualy see, They can jump or armor through the second hit of the ex Low laser

Last edited:
Reactions: mkl

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hunter and hish qu ten equal warrior is the worst while still beeing miles ahead alot of other characters worst variation lol
Hey whoa. Lets not claim whats worst or not already. Remember when Tempest sucked? Or Hellfire Scorpion sucked? Yea. They sucked all right

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
You can definitely combo off of laser cancels pretty easily with stuff like b22. I haven't messed with more strings but I'm assuming there's a handful.

mkl

Poopbutt.
You can definitely combo off of laser cancels pretty easily with stuff like b22. I haven't messed with more strings but I'm assuming there's a handful.
Yeah, he can combo f12 (at worst) after any string into laser cancel if you're quick enough. I'm gonna make a list of things you can combo after it in a sec.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
In the corner if you haven't already messed around with it, stand 4 up plasma scales really well. From a back 22 you can get 46% one meter finishing in his 32 1+2 or get around 38% I think and finish in his forward 4 for a ton of hit advantage for oki.

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Here are some laser cancel combos off the low and overhead.

Good concepts but apparently with predator sometimes less is more.

For first combo, just do b311 vanilla no cancel into ex, jk air disc, run 4 stab does 41 over that combos 40%, and for the second just do 32 ex stab, jk air disc run 4 stab for 40%

So predator is basically a character you gotta watch the scaling on.

I Just played an awesome wiht my buddy on Pc he was predator and i jax and srsly Predator can'T wakeup against Jax, 123 and 11 completly destroys the armor of SS even as a reversal.

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
Good concepts but apparently with predator sometimes less is more.

For first combo, just do b311 vanilla no cancel into ex, jk air disc, run 4 stab does 41 over that combos 40%, and for the second just do 32 ex stab, jk air disc run 4 stab for 40%

So predator is basically a character you gotta watch the scaling on.
Yeah that's true but it gives you more time to hit confirm the slash move since it's unsafe.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
21 laser cancel into f1 is a true blockstring
No its not. It can be armored through.

Btw you can OS off of any string into EX low laser the usual way. On hit you get the combo, on block you are safe(if the string is safe)

Edit:

Laser cancel makes every single special cancel string Predator has safe. I can't figure out exactly how safe it makes it but Cassie can't flip kick it off of any string I've tried. Since the laser cancels are a pretty big part of his game, it would seem, this is pretty damn good.

EX Low laser is not safe against characters with EX Slides and the like. Its better to always OS it.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
F12 Laser cancel f12 is a true blockstring but you have to be really precise to get it on block. Ive tried 21 cancel f1 like 50 times though and I cant get it to be a true blockstring, I could be wrong though.