What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

I did the double low laser combo. It's pretty hard to time but the damage is broken lol
Off 32 rc 311 ex stab it does like 46%
Cool man. I'm trying to get there. Yea low lasers do more damage. For example I did 212>s4>up laser>s3>low laser and got 31% then I did the combo again but replaced the up laser with a low laser and got 36%

Thanks man. You're an asset to this site. So just to get the overview.
1. After slam or 212 the optimal height to continue the combos are at predators head height right? So wait a little before doing s4?
2. If you add a njp you can't do 2 lasers only one correct?
3. How consistent are you getting the corner combo that has the two close ground lasers in it? Like out of 10 times how many are you getting it?
1. Yes
2. Yes only 1 laser, if you do a 2nd laser it will end the combo.
3. I just did it 8/10 times with ex stab so it's definitely something you can get pretty consistently. Also, after 212 I always do njp 4~low laser, ender so I didn't try that one.

What is the fastest way to do lc njp? Like b22 lc njp?
And btw who is the best predator to watch on tournaments and footage?

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
What is the fastest way to do lc njp? Like b22 lc njp?
And btw who is the best predator to watch on tournaments and footage?
Destroyer by far. Pig uploaded a lot of matches of him and he uploads some on his own channel (Plague Channel it's called if I remember right). I'm also picking up hqt and watching him really helped me out

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
With the positive energy coming from the recent Predator tournament victory, I figured I'd upload a few online matches from the othere night. I appreciate all feedback
I love the music you added! Great gameplay as well, really enjoyed watching that.

With the positive energy coming from the recent Predator tournament victory, I figured I'd upload a few online matches from the othere night. I appreciate all feedback
Just some things I noticed that could improve your gameplay. Only watched the Shinnok and Lao matches closely because those Johnny players were scrubs lol.

1. Your corner game is decent but you should be abusing 12~low laser, 122 straight laser way more. I didn't see you use it once in the corner. When you hit them with a low laser in the corner go for the standing 4~lc pressure. I'ts +14

2. I noticed you always throw out a standing 3 after a disc setup in the corner. I don't recommend doing that because players can just poke out before the disc comes down. If you wan't to do a poke after a disc setup in the corner press d3 as soon as the disc is in the air. This will stop characters with a 6f d1 from mashing out.

3. If you read that a player will try to armor out of the corner, I would use b311~lc to break the armor. B311 will break armor and the string is long enough so the last hit will still hit them if they delay wakup. 32 can also break armor but your fucked if they delay wakeup.

4. I'm not sure how effective b22~ex low laser is but I would mix it in with 12~ex low laser . I have a lot of success using 12~ex low laser once I condition them to block 122.

5. I didn't see you use the 21 string at all. This is one of his best strings after 12~lc, b22~lc, or 32~lc because you cannot poke in between the laser cancel and the 21. The best part about this string is that you can hit confirm it into 212 for a combo. A lot of players try to mash down pokes after Predator's cancels because most of his strings hit high. 21 hits mid and will catch them unless they back dash or armor. I'ts also 0 on block.

6. Predator gets free grabs for days. After you start incorporating the 21 pressure, players will start respecting your plus frames which means free grabs.

Didn't mean to pile on but I think those tips will help a lot.

Poshib

The Artman
Just some things I noticed that could improve your gameplay. Only watched the Shinnok and Lao matches closely because those Johnny players were scrubs lol.

1. Your corner game is decent but you should be abusing 12~low laser, 122 straight laser way more. I didn't see you use it once in the corner. When you hit them with a low laser in the corner go for the standing 4~lc pressure. I'ts +14

2. I noticed you always throw out a standing 3 after a disc setup in the corner. I don't recommend doing that because players can just poke out before the disc comes down. If you wan't to do a poke after a disc setup in the corner press d3 as soon as the disc is in the air. This will stop characters with a 6f d1 from mashing out.

3. If you read that a player will try to armor out of the corner, I would use b311~lc to break the armor. B311 will break armor and the string is long enough so the last hit will still hit them if they delay wakup. 32 can also break armor but your fucked if they delay wakeup.

4. I'm not sure how effective b22~ex low laser is but I would mix it in with 12~ex low laser . I have a lot of success using 12~ex low laser once I condition them to block 122.

5. I didn't see you use the 21 string at all. This is one of his best strings after 12~lc, b22~lc, or 32~lc because you cannot poke in between the laser cancel and the 21. The best part about this string is that you can hit confirm it into 212 for a combo. A lot of players try to mash down pokes after Predator's cancels because most of his strings hit high. 21 hits mid and will catch them unless they back dash or armor. I'ts also 0 on block.

6. Predator gets free grabs for days. After you start incorporating the 21 pressure, players will start respecting your plus frames which means free grabs.

Didn't mean to pile on but I think those tips will help a lot.
It's funny that you mention these because I was thinking about as a was watching like "Aw man. Why didnt I do...." I tend to forget when I take long breaks from Predator. I really appreciate the feedback. Gonna tighten back up next time I hit training mode.

Yesterday i played against full auto jacquie ft10, i found this matchup very hard, she is alot faster, i cannot get out of her pressure, when i want to zone she is fast as hell, any help? Btw i am on pc, so maybe onnupdates something changed with those two?

HateMe!

Noob
Wait, so are you telling me that all these guys doing the pcc's are just dashing instead of running? Wth??
Uhhhhh, yeah? They're not technically dashing because the f,f input only cancels the PC, doesn't make him dash, so it isn't really a dash cancel.

Why didn't you just pick Pred in training?

Uhhhhh, yeah? They're not technically dashing because the f,f input only cancels the PC, doesn't make him dash, so it isn't really a dash cancel.

Why didn't you just pick Pred in training?
Yea all this time I didn't know that Lol, this makes the cancels much easier than if you had to run correct?