What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

I can never get two low lasers in any of those combos, low lasers whiff when I try to do that combo you just mentioned.
My bad, I goofed. The 2nd combo there's no njp so after the stab you just do 4~laser, 3~laser, grab ender. That's my bad. The njp adds too much gravity to the combo so you skip it if you wanna do 2 lasers. Also for the timing you need to hit them with s4 when they are even with predators head. Any higher and the laser whiffs and any lower and you might be able to do s3 laser but won't have time to do the 32,1+3 ender.

My bad, I goofed. The 2nd combo there's no njp so after the stab you just do 4~laser, 3~laser, grab ender. That's my bad. The njp adds too much gravity to the combo so you skip it if you wanna do 2 lasers. Also for the timing you need to hit them with s4 when they are even with predators head. Any higher and the laser whiffs and any lower and you might be able to do s3 laser but won't have time to do the 32,1+3 ender.
Wait? So after the exStab you hit s4 when they are even with predators head? I've been doing the first s4 when the opponent is at his highest because that's what I've read you're supposed to do. Also are you supposed to do the close ground lasers? Because that's where I think I have issues as I can't seem to do s3 close ground lasers, I can do ground lasers after the s3 but close ground lasers I can't land. The db3+b is too hard for me.

Wait? So after the exStab you hit s4 when they are even with predators head? I've been doing the first s4 when the opponent is at his highest because that's what I've read you're supposed to do. Also are you supposed to do the close ground lasers? Because that's where I think I have issues as I can't seem to do s3 close ground lasers, I can do ground lasers after the s3 but close ground lasers I can't land. The db3+b is too hard for me.
You have to wait half a second for them to fall after ex before hitting s4. Also yes you need to use close low laser for all corner combos. Regular laser whiffs

I hold back then entire time after s3 close low laser until you are ready to hit your next s3. Also you can use up laser but up and straight laser scale A TON compared to low laser. Even the njp 4 low laser grab ender combo does more than any combo with 1 up/straight laser and 1 low laser.

You have to wait half a second for them to fall after ex before hitting s4. Also yes you need to use close low laser for all corner combos. Regular laser whiffs

I hold back then entire time after s3 close low laser until you are ready to hit your next s3. Also you can use up laser but up and straight laser scale A TON compared to low laser. Even the njp 4 low laser grab ender combo does more than any combo with 1 up/straight laser and 1 low laser.
Ah ok, so a close laser is a must? Ok got it. So after the first s3~low laser you hold back and that helps you do the next s3 close laser?

Wow I didn't know that up laser scales more than low laser :confused:
They used to all scale the same but in the first patch after his release when he received all the nerds including s3 being a high instead of mid they increased damage scaling in up and mid laser but left low lasers untouched for some reason. Thanks NRS :DOGE

Ah ok, so a close laser is a must? Ok got it. So after the first s3~low laser you hold back and that helps you do the next s3 close laser?
I hold back only to make sure I get close instead of mid low laser. Other than that it's all timing and practice practice practice.

Also I do s4 first then s3 but you can opt to do two s3s for like 1% less but on the first one you have to let them fall farther cause s4 has a bigger hit box and won't whiff as high up. I've spent a lot of lab time on his corner combos lol

Honestly if you're struggling with it just do ex stab, njp, (wait a half second until they're even with preds head) s4~close low laser, 32,1+3. It's very consistent online even and it's pretty much what I use unless I'm trying to be swaggy or think I need an extra 4%. You're still gonna get 40% or even a little more which is pretty good

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
(LRC means laser run cancel)
Is it possible to link combos on hit for something like 3, LRC, B311 or 12, LRC, B311? I want to try practice mixup

I hold back only to make sure I get close instead of mid low laser. Other than that it's all timing and practice practice practice.

Also I do s4 first then s3 but you can opt to do two s3s for like 1% less but on the first one you have to let them fall farther cause s4 has a bigger hit box and won't whiff as high up. I've spent a lot of lab time on his corner combos lol
Yea I figure predator HQT has a high learning curve am I right? Close low lasers amidst combos, timing of 321+3,plasma cannon cancels etc. you gotta put in time with him I believe.

(LRC means laser run cancel)
Is it possible to link combos on hit for something like 3, LRC, B311 or 12, LRC, B311? I want to try practice mixup
Yes but you can only do 1 per combo otherwise they can block after the 2nd cancel no matter what.
The best starters to link (because they have the most hit advantage) are b31, 12, and b22. All the other strings you either can't cause it knocks them too far away or you have to be super crispy in your cancel. For example 32 can link into f12, 12, 21 and another 32 but they are kinda tight links.

Unfortunately for block strings it's different. S4 is the most plus and the 32 and 12 and the most plus after that. S4 is like +10-12 and 32 and 12 are around +6ish

Yea I figure predator HQT has a high learning curve am I right? Close low lasers amidst combos, timing of 321+3,plasma cannon cancels etc. you gotta put in time with him I believe.
Yeah he's not the most execution heavy but he's up there's mostly due to the fact that you want crispy cancels so you can get the most plus frames or hit confirm combos and every string the cancel timing is different.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Yes but you can only do 1 per combo otherwise they can block after the 2nd cancel no matter what.
The best starters to link (because they have the most hit advantage) are b31, 12, and b22. All the other strings you either can't cause it knocks them too far away or you have to be super crispy in your cancel. For example 32 can link into f12, 12, 21 and another 32 but they are kinda tight links.

Unfortunately for block strings it's different. S4 is the most plus and the 32 and 12 and the most plus after that. S4 is like +10-12 and 32 and 12 are around +6ish
great post, I totally agree with pretty much everything.

b2 can be a fine cancel too. especially when you hitconfirm into low plasma, so the stagger state guarantees that the high does indeed hit. b2 is like +4, b22 is like +2 (at least this is what if feels like in a real match).

note that plasmacancels usually result into lower overall combo damage. thus cancels should only be used as mixups or to buy some time for hitconfirms.

imho the most important cancel is 32 into 122 which does combo when executed perfectly (and besides forces the opponent to block high right before the highhitting 1). yet I often just go for f12 for the ease of execution.

if you go for the 122-string, the best combo should be 122~exscimitar, njp, 4~scimitar. Another practical damage combo that I have not seen around here, but shall be shared. :)

Is this combo possible in the corner, instead of exStab just do 212 then s4 laser,s3 laser? Seems like without the exStab the opponent falls to the ground too fast after the second laser, can anyone try and confirm please?

Ah ok thanks, I can usually do it after the exStab but doing it with just 212 after the second laser it seems they're too close to the ground. Thanks just wanted to verify if it was even possible.
Yeah it's possible. You're not doing an njp after 212 right? Just 212 s4, s3, etc. Also the timing does seem a little whack.

No, no njp just 212 in the corner followed by s4 laser s3 laser. Yea the timing seems a bit hard right?
Yeah it does but I think it's just because 212 launches them higher than ex stab so it just kinda changes the timing a bit. I don't think it's harder necessarily. I just think the timing is a little different

Edit: So a couple of tips on the ex stab and 212 combos that involve two low lasers. I just went to the lab to practice them and these things came to mind.

After awhile you'll get the timing down enough to realize when you've hit s4 too low to the ground to finish your combo. If you see this I replace s3 with d3. It's faster so the 2 laser pops them up higher for the ender.

When you get to the ender, you have to hit it pretty low to the ground or you'll just get s2. Hope these things help!

Last edited:
Yeah it does but I think it's just because 212 launches them higher than ex stab so it just kinda changes the timing a bit. I don't think it's harder necessarily. I just think the timing is a little different

Edit: So a couple of tips on the ex stab and 212 combos that involve two low lasers. I just went to the lab to practice them and these things came to mind.

After awhile you'll get the timing down enough to realize when you've hit s4 too low to the ground to finish your combo. If you see this I replace s3 with d3. It's faster so the 2 laser pops them up higher for the ender.

When you get to the ender, you have to hit it pretty low to the ground or you'll just get s2. Hope these things help!
Much appreciated bro. Also for the ender I HAVE to do it super close to the ground since I can barely pull it off at the last possible frames I think Lol. Or are you talking about the ender if I do the d3 laser instead of the s3 laser or are you saying in general?

Much appreciated bro. Also for the ender I HAVE to do it super close to the ground since I can barely pull it off at the last possible frames I think Lol. Or are you talking about the ender if I do the d3 laser instead of the s3 laser or are you saying in general?
Just in general. But yeah the ender is tight but you can make it easier by landing the normals at optimal height. Just keep practicing and you'll get there man :)

Just in general. But yeah the ender is tight but you can make it easier by landing the normals at optimal height. Just keep practicing and you'll get there man :)
Thanks man. You're an asset to this site. So just to get the overview.
1. After slam or 212 the optimal height to continue the combos are at predators head height right? So wait a little before doing s4?
2. If you add a njp you can't do 2 lasers only one correct?
3. How consistent are you getting the corner combo that has the two close ground lasers in it? Like out of 10 times how many are you getting it?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I did the double low laser combo. It's pretty hard to time but the damage is broken lol
Off 32 rc 311 ex stab it does like 46%