What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I need help doing the PCCs. The ff/bb motion just feels awkward when going for it even on hit let alone on block. Are there any tips to getting this off easier?

Hi, I have read the first couple of pages and I have 3 questions, can you extend combos using pcc's? Also on block are those canceled strings safe? I also read here that using the pcc's actually does less damage somehow?

Hi, I have read the first couple of pages and I have 3 questions, can you extend combos using pcc's? Also on block are those canceled strings safe? I also read here that using the pcc's actually does less damage somehow?
Yea u can extend some strings with others and it combos and most of them are yes I like only one or two are negative and probley by scaling

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Approximately how many hours did it take everyone to get the cancels down online?
How difficult were they to you?

Approximately how many hours did it take everyone to get the cancels down online?
How difficult were they to you?
Took me awhile ig mostly because the timing is different from what starter u use and also if it is done from on block or hit as for online I virtually left no difference but I also keep online mode on when I'm in the lab ig to answer u took me about a soild week not really counting the hours tho maybe 15? I play around 3 to 4 hrS a day

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Took me awhile ig mostly because the timing is different from what starter u use and also if it is done from on block or hit as for online I virtually left no difference but I also keep online mode on when I'm in the lab ig to answer u took me about a soild week not really counting the hours tho maybe 15? I play around 3 to 4 hrS a day
Damn. I never have patience for cancels. My ADHD kicks in lol.
But, for some reason I have patience for Nimble Reptile FML

Damn. I never have patience for cancels. My ADHD kicks in lol.
But, for some reason I have patience for Nimble Reptile FML
Lol that's crazy I'm the opposite the only reason I play for like 3 hrs max is because of my adhd lol . And I really wanna learn nimble but don't have patience at all so after 15mins I give up u will get it tho

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Lol that's crazy I'm the opposite the only reason I play for like 3 hrs max is because of my adhd lol . And I really wanna learn nimble but don't have patience at all so after 15mins I give up u will get it tho
I can play 3h in practice, not practicing cancels though. That shit boring as hell for me. Nimble and Reptile as a whole is so fun for me, and I need to play complex, difficult characters so I can stick with them. Any simple character makes it impossible to stick with them because I feel like there's nothing satisfying or new. Predator would be awesome to know, but I just can't sit through learning the cancels. Maybe I'll try out hunter. I need a backup main for Reptile. He got some shitty matchups. You know any hunter??

I can play 3h in practice, not practicing cancels though. That shit boring as hell for me. Nimble and Reptile as a whole is so fun for me, and I need to play complex, difficult characters so I can stick with them. Any simple character makes it impossible to stick with them because I feel like there's nothing satisfying or new. Predator would be awesome to know, but I just can't sit through learning the cancels. Maybe I'll try out hunter. I need a backup main for Reptile. He got some shitty matchups. You know any hunter??
Not really man just few basic stuff and gimmick stuff honestly im learning warrior atm tho , not a fan of trap characters really in fgcs. I just mess with hqt acidic sg kk gm sub goro df sg Jacqui wrestler jax . I'm on the fence with nimble or deceptive tho just like the fact I can invisable mix ups to sound so cool to me lol

Combo is still possible. Don't think it would do the same damage though. Laser damage was nerfed slightly after XL dropped.
Oh ok thanks, yea I'm having a hard time landing the 32,1+3 combo after the second laser, the opponent is way too low even if I do it fast. Just practice more I guess.

JDM

Noob
Oh ok thanks, yea I'm having a hard time landing the 32,1+3 combo after the second laser, the opponent is way too low even if I do it fast. Just practice more I guess.
It's very strict now. I'd recommend using st.3 instead of 4 after the first 4. It's not worth the risk to try to do 4 two times.

It's very strict now. I'd recommend using st.3 instead of 4 after the first 4. It's not worth the risk to try to do 4 two times.
Yea I'm trying now with st.3 and still can't get it, only because you guys say it's possible if not I'd think it wasn't possible anymore, I can't land anything after the second st.4/3 into laser. Guess what I'm trying to say is that after the second laser connects the opponent is already close to the ground so even if I mash the 3 it comes out after the opponent is on the ground. And just to be sure it is two up lasers right?

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Combo is still possible. Don't think it would do the same damage though. Laser damage was nerfed slightly after XL dropped.
Yes but up shot scales a lot now so that might do like 40% or so now. 4 low shot, 4 low shot, 321+3 does more damage now

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
And idk of this has been posted but I found this combo the other day, 1 bar midscreen.

Starter into mb SS, njp (slightly delayed) run 4 low laser, b22 SS. 42-45%

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I actually didn't know this. Nice.
His Highest damaging combo with one bar in the corner is

4 plasma caster cancel 4 mb SS, 4 low laser, 4 low laser, 321+3- 49% if I remember correctly. That video of the two up shots was from pred first came out

The up laser scales way more I honestly just do starter into bf4 njp 4 close down laser 3 down laser into the 32 grab
So you do down lasers instead of up and you use 4 then 3 for that? Also after the exBf4 I dont njp, should I? I'm just curious what's the exact timing on the combo in the vid I posted, can you guys try that combo exactly and tell me the timing on it? Thanks.

So you do down lasers instead of up and you use 4 then 3 for that? Also after the exBf4 I dont njp, should I? I'm just curious what's the exact timing on the combo in the vid I posted, can you guys try that combo exactly and tell me the timing on it? Thanks.
Yes I use down laser I do both first the 4 ls then 3. Ls into that 32 grab string if the connection is bad then I just do the 4 down laser which still gets u about 43 percent with b311 or 4 starter I'm sure up laser still works but as I said before I don't even got for that no more since they nerfed it in the last 2 patches ago

Yes I use down laser I do both first the 4 ls then 3. Ls into that 32 grab string if the connection is bad then I just do the 4 down laser which still gets u about 43 percent with b311 or 4 starter I'm sure up laser still works but as I said before I don't even got for that no more since they nerfed it in the last 2 patches ago
Cool, when you say they nerfed up laser does that mean in damage or in execution? And even in training can you do 4 up laser 3 up laser then 32 grab?