What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs [Pre-XL] The New Jacqui in MKX Online Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So they removed the infinite, great news.

What they didn't do was make autoblock happen after the second SG Blast. They block directly after the first blast. So any of the midscreen possibilities with SG Blast combos are out.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Full Auto DB2 and EX DB2 is listed as less block advantage than before. Down to 5 and 28 respectively, so 6 frames less blockstun each.

stosn

Noob
so that a plus(hit) on df2 in SG variation? And minus(block). Or its the same as current version of the game?

Last edited:

- Second hit of 2,3 string now hits Low
- B,F+2 now seems to be a bit safer on block (-10 possibly)
- EX B,F+2 is now a completely safe armor attack with HUGE pushback. I believe it may be -6 or around there since in a Jacqui jump test one of them jumped up slightly faster than the other one when it was blocked.

How big of an impact do you think these buffs have? It now gives her a safe-ish mid with lots of range in the neutral. Scorpion, Liu Kang, Takeda, and even Mileena's reversal roll couldn't reliably punish it on block.

Jacqui having a safe mid armor attack to throw out in the neutral now seems like a very powerful tool when combined with her zoning and quick movement. Being hit by a B,F+2 now can allow her to reverse positions with B,F+1 and put you in the corner. The opponent respecting the fear of a random B,F+2 mid screen also increases Jacqui's run up and throw game, or run up and 50/50. The added effect of being conditioned off B,F+2 in neutral and now being more likely to block bullet strays is also a plus since it feeds her meter in Full Auto.

What do you Jacqui players think? I think the B,F+2 buff is going to help her a lot more in the long run when it's fleshed out than what it seems like on paper right now. Discuss.
2,3 second hits low? I have to try this when I get in.

stosn

Noob
We have safe exDF2, more simple 4up4, 23 - low ( lol )
And more hit adv, so we will be much easier to connect 4up4 ( or f2up2 ) after cancel.
Mb some combos work with dash cancel ( like 121-qbc 121 )

We have safe exDF2, more simple 4up4, 23 - low ( lol )
And more hit adv, so we will be much easier to connect 4up4 ( or f2up2 ) after cancel.
Mb some combos work with dash cancel ( like 121-qbc 121 )
I was more on about the startup of the charge, they gave kitana a huge buff on her Assasin buff.

stosn

Noob
Jacqui buff is very strong:
huge plus on QB on block
more cheap dmg
more hit dmg
crazy dmg with 2 lvl buff
dd4 - unblockable
payment of this advantage - we need to setup it with 212 ender

Jacqui buff is very strong:
huge plus on QB on block
more cheap dmg
more hit dmg
crazy dmg with 2 lvl buff
dd4 - unblockable
payment of this advantage - we need to setup it with 212 ender
Which is only reliable if you confirm in the corner

stosn

Noob
in many MU its easy to use buff after bf1, or on full screen, if your opponent trying to zoning you

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
i don't have a good feeling about jacqui. she was already super safe and plus after alot of her strings with the most negative one being like -11? out of her 20 strings 11 of them are plus lol, but that was before the patch so it could even be more now i dunno haven't checked. i get it that she doesn't have the greatest range but still, thats gotta count for something

stosn

Noob
assuming that we have more plus on hit, so we have more plus after QBRC, so it is easier to do it

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
i don't have a good feeling about jacqui. she was already super safe and plus after alot of her strings with the most negative one being like -11? out of her 20 strings 11 of them are plus lol, but that was before the patch so it could even be more now i dunno haven't checked. i get it that she doesn't have the greatest range but still, thats gotta count for something
Play her for a while. That's all I can tell people. The range and the slowest barely advancing normals and the garbage air normals and no AA outside of FA is very hard to overcome in some MUs. Yes she'll obviously be better, but has a ways to go to be compared to top tier.

Play her for a while. That's all I can tell people. The range and the slowest barely advancing normals and the garbage air normals and no AA outside of FA is very hard to overcome in some MUs. Yes she'll obviously be better, but has a ways to go to be compared to top tier.
SL is a legit anti-air

Status
Not open for further replies.