What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs [Pre-XL] The New Jacqui in MKX Online Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's honestly not even that hard once you have the input down
Sounds like theory fighting. I always hear how easy it is for "some" people, but rarely see it used outside of combos. If it was that easy I would see it used as an AA, as you claim, which I rarely if ever see. Just like no one can hit D'Vorah's B1 cancel 10/10 times in a real pace of a match, but claim it's easy once you practice. Unless you can show me otherwise in actual matches it's theory fighting.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I find D2 to be her most consistent AA, but it also depends on your opponent.
Me too. It's pretty consistent against the non stupid stuff like Lao's Jip2 and Sub's crossup. Against people with bad air normals S1 into combo conversions and Dust restands is good too.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Me too. It's pretty consistent against the non stupid stuff like Lao's Jip2 and Sub's crossup. Against people with bad air normals S1 into combo conversions and Dust restands is good too.
I think I read that Lao's Ji2 was nerfed, at least in the beta. (Also, my favorite way to punish Lao's teleport is S4-dust. Works every time.)

The Highlander

There can be only one
I need links to this shit right now yo.

Also I don't really see where he got that comparison from...
It was on Reo's stream last night. http://www.twitch.tv/reo_mk/profile He doesn't have past broadcasts active though... :(

Basically they were both just messing around with different characters commenting on buffs etc. Both played Jacqui at some point. Reo was FA, and Sonic Shotgun. Craziness ensued. Sonic was getting like 40% vortex shenanigans, while Reo was more interested in the chip and pressure set ups. Both said they'll use her for certain match-ups. I don't think they were talking bat girl tier btw just style of play. Massive vortex damage, ridiculous guessing game in the corner etc.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
It was on Reo's stream last night. http://www.twitch.tv/reo_mk/profile He doesn't have past broadcasts active though... :(

Basically they were both just messing around with different characters commenting on buffs etc. Both played Jacqui at some point. Reo was FA, and Sonic Shotgun. Craziness ensued. Sonic was getting like 40% vortex shenanigans, while Reo was more interested in the chip and pressure set ups. Both said they'll use her for certain match-ups. I don't think they were talking bat girl tier btw just style of play. Massive vortex damage, ridiculous guessing game in the corner etc.

This has always been the case for Shotgun since the September patch. This isn't anything new or crazy. People have calling her Batgirl for months, and I never even played IGUA.

None of her vortexes are different or new in the beta.

The Highlander

There can be only one
This has always been the case for Shotgun since the September patch. This isn't anything new or crazy. People have calling her Batgirl for months, and I never even played IGUA.

None of her vortexes are different or new in the beta.
Never said they were. Just that I've never seen her corner pressure like that. And sonic was looking pretty damn scary with her. Although whether he'll actually use her or not remains to be seen.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Never said they were. Just that I've never seen her corner pressure like that. And sonic was looking pretty damn scary with her. Although whether he'll actually use her or not remains to be seen.
I don't think he meant it you specifically saying it. Moreso the reaction. It seems like a lot of people are coming out saying "omg can you believeeeeee what Jacqui can doooooo?" when those of us who have played Jacqui from Day 1 have been doing 95% of what Sonic did since April. I know I have, literally daily for months. I've watched @scarsunseen stream and seen the exact same thing I saw Sonic do. I know some others who have. The clear difference I saw in Sonic was his ability to use SL so often in the neutral and on AA reads, something that is usually once in a blue moon from players, but everything else was the same.

So for some of us who have been carrying people across the screen and doing 50% in the corner since mid 2014, it's like "wow really? We post this stuff it gets barely read but Sonic streams some Jacqui and she's godlike overnight?" lol. She's good, great in certain MUs, bad in other MUs. But the reaction has been "wow look at the new top tier Sonic found" which is so far from the truth for multiple reasons.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Rip Torn yo @scarsunseen was right. I was playing my friend in the beta in SG Jacqui vs A-List Cage. So one time I tried to use a the new EX BF2 WU and he poked me with D1 and I was hit out of it, lit up for a split second and lost my bar. If you poke in the early part of the WU right when I'm coming up she gets poked out of the armor. Was this always the case or new to the patch?

Prepatch I never used it on WU so I wouldn't know. If I ever get balsy I would do EX BF1 or EX BF4. This has to be a glitch right? If people learn they can just low poke an armored WU for free then it will become useless.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
The only thing that SonicFox did that I found interesting was the following in the corner:

After a 2nd re-stand, he was doing Stanky Leg (which was blocked) and followed immediately by B2.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
@Rip Torn yo @scarsunseen was right. I was playing my friend in the beta in SG Jacqui vs A-List Cage. So one time I tried to use a the new EX BF2 WU and he poked me with D1 and I was hit out of it, lit up for a split second and lost my bar. If you poke in the early part of the WU right when I'm coming up she gets poked out of the armor. Was this always the case or new to the patch?

Prepatch I never used it on WU so I wouldn't know. If I ever get balsy I would do EX BF1 or EX BF4. This has to be a glitch right? If people learn they can just low poke an armored WU for free then it will become useless.
I think the armor is only this way in the beta, although I may be mistaken because I really never used ex-BF2 in the current "non-beta" MKX.

But yes, a simple poke will beat out ex-BF2's WU armor in beta (during start-up, at least).

"If people learn they can just low poke an armored WU for free then it will become useless."

Yes, and you also waste a bar AND take damage.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The only thing that SonicFox did that I found interesting was the following in the corner:

After a 2nd re-stand, he was doing Stanky Leg (which was blocked) and followed immediately by B2.
I wasn't going to say that one out loud but I noted it for myself. :DOGE

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't think he meant it you specifically saying it. Moreso the reaction. It seems like a lot of people are coming out saying "omg can you believeeeeee what Jacqui can doooooo?" when those of us who have played Jacqui from Day 1 have been doing 95% of what Sonic did since April. I know I have, literally daily for months. I've watched @scarsunseen stream and seen the exact same thing I saw Sonic do. I know some others who have. The clear difference I saw in Sonic was his ability to use SL so often in the neutral and on AA reads, something that is usually once in a blue moon from players, but everything else was the same.

So for some of us who have been carrying people across the screen and doing 50% in the corner since mid 2014, it's like "wow really? We post this stuff it gets barely read but Sonic streams some Jacqui and she's godlike overnight?" lol. She's good, great in certain MUs, bad in other MUs. But the reaction has been "wow look at the new top tier Sonic found" which is so far from the truth for multiple reasons.
We are like Jacqui herself.

Badass, yet largely under appreciated.

The Highlander

There can be only one

I mean I understand, the same thing happens when sonic or Reo post tech about any character, but my post was not look at this sick tech that Sonic's doing or OMG Jaqui's top 5. It was more along the lines of I've never seen a Jacqui played at that level (never mind two) and it was cool to watch. It's not unusual for people to react like that since many communities on this site are fairly small and it's far more likely for people watch Reo's stream than it is for them to see posts on the character forums.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I mean I understand, the same thing happens when sonic or Reo post tech about any character, but my post was not look at this sick tech that Sonic's doing or OMG Jaqui's top 5. It was more along the lines of I've never seen a Jacqui played at that level (never mind two) and it was cool to watch. It's not unusual for people to react like that since many communities on this site are fairly small and it's far more likely for people watch Reo's stream than it is for them to see posts on the character forums.
It's cool. No, my post wasn't directed at you specifically, just in general towards people's reactions of a good Jacqui... like she's suddenly S+++ god tier. It felt ridiculous watching the chat room in Reo's stream. People became orgiastic, I friggin swear. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.