What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs [Pre-XL] The New Jacqui in MKX Online Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm good, the only buff i might want now are 2 hits of armor on it or a faster start up (an make it a true mid that you can't low profile) .

Thank you NRS please lets keep this buff!!

I want everyone to take notice of this mentality as it highlights the biggest scrubs in not only MKX but all of the fighting game community.

Fricken rush down fools want to not have to work to win. Zoning at a high level requires just as much skill as high level rush down.

It reminds me of when they made yun lunge punch plus and said "people complained it was too hard to get it"

Puke.

So what that NRS is trying to make mkx not 100% in your face.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Zoning DOES take skill. You're allowed to disagree, but you are wrong :)

Also, the BF2 and ex-BF2 buff is amazing. I can actually get people off me when I'm down (other than armor breaks, but you know what I mean).

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
So what changes if any were made to High tech? Seems they would have altered that a bit since it was once considered the worst variation in the game

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So what changes if any were made to High tech? Seems they would have altered that a bit since it was once considered the worst variation in the game
Yea nothing really for HT specific that I've seen. I guess they figured the universal changes were enough. High Techs biggest weaknesses by far I'd say is struggling with zoning. I mean she literally has the worst tools for battling zoning in the game. I still fail to see why they don't speed up Shield Absorb so she can at least do it on reaction consistently. That would go a long way in itself.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Yea nothing really for HT specific that I've seen. I guess they figured the universal changes were enough. High Techs biggest weaknesses by far I'd say is struggling with zoning. I mean she literally has the worst tools for battling zoning in the game. I still fail to see why they don't speed up Shield Absorb so she can at least do it on reaction consistently. That would go a long way in itself.
very true, i think if they increased the active frames on it that would make it more useful. I dont play her too often but i find the timing is tricky on some things, could just be my lack of experience though

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
very true, i think if they increased the active frames on it that would make it more useful. I dont play her too often but i find the timing is tricky on some things, could just be my lack of experience though
Nah you're right it isn't that good. Stuff like say Kenshi Reflect, Ronin Reflect, etc is much better, and she has to EX to reflect Lolol. No idea what they were thinking with this. Say if you're facing Liu and he's using low Fireball, you basically have to absorb on a read+reaction rather than on sole reaction. For a character that has two variations that struggle against zoning, I think it's the buff she needs. A faster shield.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
The more important question is ... Does the last hit of F121 "" the overhead "" comes out on block? in the current version the last hit doesn't come out on block. :confused:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
In HT, I feel like it's easier to do QBRC into F2U2-DU4 now. I haven't missed it once, even though I find it extremely difficult in non-beta MKX.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It'll never come out on block. -.-
Just another one of those "Why the fuck would you design a character like this" things about Jacqui.

Even if it gets blocked every time, there shouldn't be any strings that don't come out on block.

Hell, I wish the full b12 came out on block because I'm sure it'd be a good spacing tool in shotgun and FA.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In HT, I feel like it's easier to do QBRC into F2U2-DU4 now. I haven't missed it once, even though I find it extremely difficult in non-beta MKX.
Nice find. Gonna tear this out tomorrow myself. That will be great!

Just another one of those "Why the fuck would you design a character like this" things about Jacqui.

Even if it gets blocked every time, there shouldn't be any strings that don't come out on block.

Hell, I wish the full b12 came out on block because I'm sure it'd be a good spacing tool in shotgun and FA.
Yea it's so dumb. When you look at other characters and their stagger pressure, say Kitana 21 +2 on block and countless examples you'd think that is what they intended with it. The reason why it DOESN'T come out on block was never explained, and left in the movelist as a reminder of what could have been. -.-

omooba

fear the moobs
What do you Jacqui players think? I think the B,F+2 buff is going to help her a lot more in the long run when it's fleshed out than what it seems like on paper right now. Discuss.
umm clearly she's now broke
mean this in all sincerity too
#nerf jacqui

The patches are legit.. like the stamina loss on both players on break and other adjustments to strings and normal... this is a bug and 16 Bit has confirmed that it will be removed.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
A lot of the normals got extra hitstun for some reason... at least that's how it's listed. Chip damage on normals has been reduced across the board as well.
I'm not sure why the new BF2 specials have the exact same frames listed, that seems off like Mileena's X-ray on block.

Status
Not open for further replies.