What's new

Pre-Release Catwoman Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
All I need now is Jump 2 and back 3 and new trait
To be honest I don't mind the trait because it gives catwoman more damage to make the mu easier for her.

I am not sure how the gear system will work but if its similar to the variation system in mkx. I hope we can switch different tools for her to use. So if the player want more damage they can have that: if the player want etc they can have that. You know what I mean?

Ra Helios

during one of the evo side tournament that 16bit was in, not sure the year but he made top 8? the commentators kept stating that he made her work even tho she was low tier.

The commentator don't know what he is talking about. She med high tier in my opinion.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
She has the tools to deal with almost everyone she just has to work a lot harder to get results. Bottom line if you want to main Catwoman get ready for a grind and you better have some spare controllers...

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She was low tier IMO but that's just because pretty much every character was stupid in that game, and she had some issues but she was good anyway.

I wanna play her again this time, she was my first main in IGAU <3 I like her outfit but her IGAU one is the best to me :( so I hope there's gear to make her look like that.

Her face looks fine, regardless if they were going for that look or not. 100% improvement from her face in IGAU

No, it doesn't and no it isn't. Its awful, especially if they were going for that look. Stop that.

That being said, they have improved their models of some of the other characters since their initial announcement. Hopefully they improve Catwoman's as well.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Being tagged in thread actually gave me a reason to come to TYM for the first time in a long time. Good to see all the old heads are back on getting Hype for Selina.

can't wait to see how she plays.

just for fun, my "wish list" changes for her in inj2...

f1 a mid (making b2 our OH option)
Low whip safe
better walk speed
better d2 (or cat stance up whip a better anti air)
keep the 1 f parry. Nrs plz...

no matter what, I'm excited for her. woot woot

ELC

Scrublord McGee
She probably won't need any direct buffs if the crumple from her Catdash allows for resets like Black Canary's Scream, but I'd like to see her old trait return as one hit per button as opposed to one combo per button; main utility outside of damage was definitely the safe wake-up at 1 or 2 scratches, but the moment she jumps in the air ... that isn't going to end well.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I never played Injustice 1 ,so preparing myself for 2 i start watching old injustice tournaments. I keep hearing Catwoman was low tier.
1)why is that the case
2) what would you do to buff her?
Catwoman was mid tier not low. As for buffs, give her an anti zoning move so she can deal with zoners, mb cat dash only gets you so far and is still punishable

Ra Helios

Being tagged in thread actually gave me a reason to come to TYM for the first time in a long time. Good to see all the old heads are back on getting Hype for Selina.

can't wait to see how she plays.

just for fun, my "wish list" changes for her in inj2...

f1 a mid (making b2 our OH option)
Low whip safe
better walk speed
better d2 (or cat stance up whip a better anti air)
keep the 1 f parry. Nrs plz...

no matter what, I'm excited for her. woot woot
Why f1 a mid? Her b2 overhead is not very good and it doesn't reach like her f1. Plus f1 is plus 2 which is really good in the corner. The only thing great about her b2 is in the corner. On knockdown with her whip in the corner. I can cross you up or not with her b2 and get a 48 or 52% with catclaw.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
What about her 2 kitty evades?
It'd be nice if you could use it like wowos parry and have no recovery after evading a move. Well, she can but only with trait, which is a waste cuz that's her only viable/safe wakeup

Edit: or if she could cancel a confirmed evade into another special move

Last edited:

Ecodus

Why f1 a mid? Her b2 overhead is not very good and it doesn't reach like her f1. Plus f1 is plus 2 which is really good in the corner. The only thing great about her b2 is in the corner. On knockdown with her whip in the corner. I can cross you up or not with her b2 and get a 48 or 52% with catclaw.
Hit boxes and frame data will surely change in inj2, so all those old set ups might not work anymore.

Her b2 was still good in inj1, it just wasn't as good as f1, so we never needed to use it. You could convert with b3 or cat dash with it mid screen, there just wasn't much reason to use it over f1 after they changed f1 to an OH early on in the game's life.

The reason i said f1 a mid is because it looks like this time around NRS isn't going for the safe/hit confirmable 50/50s into full combo. Especially not off the first hit of a string (making a lot of 50/50s push blockable) So i guess my changes were based on assuming these changes. I was just spouting stuff out for fun, though.

But lets say they continue this trend, you make f1 a mid and it is CWs main footsie tool/whiff punisher (like it was in inj1) and you can use the + frames for mind games. You make b2 the same as it was in inj1 but more unsafe, and the character has 50/50s but with a semblance of risk vs reward, unlike the free for all 50/50 fest we experienced in MKX.

CWs biggest problem in inj1, in my opinion*, is that a lot of characters could just walk backwards, forcing her to take a big risk to get in. Low whip was so negative that people who knew the MU would block it and full combo punish. Giving her walk speed and a better low whip would make her much much better, compared to her inj1 version.

Again, i have no idea how she'll play, who knows how the meta will evolve or what NRS will do to her.

Ra Helios

Hit boxes and frame data will surely change in inj2, so all those old set ups might not work anymore.

Her b2 was still good in inj1, it just wasn't as good as f1, so we never needed to use it. You could convert with b3 or cat dash with it mid screen, there just wasn't much reason to use it over f1 after they changed f1 to an OH early on in the game's life.

The reason i said f1 a mid is because it looks like this time around NRS isn't going for the safe/hit confirmable 50/50s into full combo. Especially not off the first hit of a string (making a lot of 50/50s push blockable) So i guess my changes were based on assuming these changes. I was just spouting stuff out for fun, though.

But lets say they continue this trend, you make f1 a mid and it is CWs main footsie tool/whiff punisher (like it was in inj1) and you can use the + frames for mind games. You make b2 the same as it was in inj1 but more unsafe, and the character has 50/50s but with a semblance of risk vs reward, unlike the free for all 50/50 fest we experienced in MKX.

CWs biggest problem in inj1, in my opinion*, is that a lot of characters could just walk backwards, forcing her to take a big risk to get in. Low whip was so negative that people who knew the MU would block it and full combo punish. Giving her walk speed and a better low whip would make her much much better, compared to her inj1 version.

Again, i have no idea how she'll play, who knows how the meta will evolve or what NRS will do to her.
What we seen from Harley all her move was exactly the same. Mostly likely she will be the same.

F1 changing to a mid eeehh. I understand where you coming from but look at black canary. She has a 50/50 when she is close to her opponent just like catwoman. In order for her to open her opponents she has to have that overhead f1 because catwoman playstyle most likely will Be played as injustice. As you see Harley Quinn, batman, superman and the rest of the returning cast plays the same with some added moves. The reason why wonder woman was reworked because not a lot of people use her trait.

From what I was hearing from a lot of people,the walk back speed is amazing so if anything her overhead mix wouldn't be a problem to block unless she that upclose in your face then you will have to guess like black canary. So it really balance it out.

To be honest I'm just expecting adding movesets and strings. And different gears to help with her zoning mu. Most likely her move set will be the same.

That's another reason why they didn't show no gameplay of her in the reveal trailer. Just her intro, outro and supermove.

Ecodus

What we seen from Harley all her move was exactly the same. Mostly likely she will be the same.

F1 changing to a mid eeehh. I understand where you coming from but look at black canary. She has a 50/50 when she is close to her opponent just like catwoman. In order for her to open her opponents she has to have that overhead f1 because catwoman playstyle most likely will Be played as injustice. As you see Harley Quinn, batman, superman and the rest of the returning cast plays the same with some added moves. The reason why wonder woman was reworked because not a lot of people use her trait.

From what I was hearing from a lot of people,the walk back speed is amazing so if anything her overhead mix wouldn't be a problem to block unless she that upclose in your face then you will have to guess like black canary. So it really balance it out.

To be honest I'm just expecting adding movesets and strings. And different gears to help with her zoning mu. Most likely her move set will be the same.

That's another reason why they didn't show no gameplay of her in the reveal trailer. Just her intro, outro and supermove.
Did you play the Beta Ra?

I'm assuming that gear won't be allowed in tournaments, so gear moves mean nothing to me.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how things go.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Dude I mained a bottom 5 character in mk9 lol now I main a solid mid tier in mkx. I'm a loyalist I care not for tier
I think hes referring to the part where you mained a top 1 character in mkx for months and whined for buffs

you know, the thing that made you a meme

Ra Helios

Did you play the Beta Ra?

I'm assuming that gear won't be allowed in tournaments, so gear moves mean nothing to me.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how things go.
It should be because it basically like the variation system. That will be retarded not to add that. Things can change in the future though

No I haven't played that stupid beta. It's unbelievabe I was one of the first person to sign up for that beta when ed boon twitted it out.

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I think hes referring to the part where you mained a top 1 character in mkx for months and whined for buffs

you know, the thing that made you a meme
Oh lol I'm not sure how that effects character loyalty. I still mained Quan since 2011 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.