What's new

Pre-release build Insomnia60 Wonder Woman!!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah, B2 is not supposed to be an AA at all, in IGAU it was just an all-purpose tool, you could throw it out and it would hit far oponents, jumping oponents, crouchimg oponents... Literally anyone who wasn't blocking high... So yeah, I'm glad it's not a dumb tool anymore while still being good.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I’d be fine with the random trait if it gave multiple chances at different ways to deal with different situations. That’s a mouthful. What I mean is part of the frustration with having a “random” trait is that if the items are tailored too specific for a certain situation or are so generally bland and weak that they’re just boring/ineffective you end up feeling that you always get the wrong item. For example, if there are 5 items and only one of them is a credible anti-zoning item, when you're being zoned out there's basically a 20% chance of getting the item you need and an 80% chance of being frustrated.

What I’d rather see for WW are multiple trait powers giving multiple ways to deal with situations, but each item changing the strategy in how that situation is dealt with. So for dealing with zoners, maybe the shield power gives her that walking shield move or some type of armor so she can just bulldog in. The Boots give her the air mobility, dash, or some way to get through zoning with footsies or movement. The bracelets give her a way to reflect projectiles. And then maybe the other two items don’t offer much in anti-zoning options. But that way when you pop trait you get a 60% chance of getting a way to deal with a zoner.

The same idea could apply to dealing with other character styles, or in regards to WW’s offense. Come up with 2-3 different ways of dealing with a situation, and then distribute it through the trait that way. That way WW has a 40%-60% chance of having a tool to deal with any situation, but it’s up to the player to identify and adapt on the fly based on which tool they’re given.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
At this point I'm just hoping WW Trait can come out off of a knockdown/setup without it being easily punished.

I'm really curious about her general strategy though. Like, INJ1 WW seemed mostly about her mid screen 50/50's, oki game, and corner carry.

@Nivek How would you describe her playstyle now in terms of what generally WoWo is trying to do? Granted matchup knowledge changes things but generally speaking. Like it seems a popular ender is Lasso (BF1) but then you're back out again without being able to follow up w/ pressure? I know you said Trait isn't safe after so, that's a no go sadly for characters with fast projectiles, teleports or whatever could potentially punish from full screen.

Last edited:

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
@Nivek How would you describe her playstyle now in terms of what generally WoWo is trying to do? Granted matchup knowledge changes things but generally speaking. Like it seems a popular ender is Lasso (BF1) but then you're back out again without being able to follow up w/ pressure? I know you said Trait isn't safe after so, that's a no go sadly for characters with fast projectiles, teleports or whatever could potentially punish from full screen.
Her playstyle IMO is to be always at mid range, try to mix d2/b2/bf1/bf3/ji3 and once you get in to find an opening(propably with d12) because f2/b2 are too slow. Take them to the corner and try to hold them there. Keep your bars for wake up bf3,get in bf3,airtech/clash and combo with bf2. If your opponent is at the tip of the bf2 and has NO projectiles then try to zone a bit. Open trait if you feel lucky. #buffwonderwoman

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Her playstyle IMO is to be always at mid range, try to mix d2/b2/bf1/bf3/ji3 and once you get in to find an opening(propably with d12) because f2/b2 are too slow. Take them to the corner and try to hold them there. Keep your bars for wake up bf3,get in bf3,airtech/clash and combo with bf2. If your opponent is at the tip of the bf2 and has NO projectiles then try to zone a bit. Open trait if you feel lucky. #buffwonderwoman
Her trait looked fast today on the stream. Did you notice any "right off the bat" change to it?

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Going from the stream footage from Steve, she looked solid.

As Nivek was pointing out, getting to know her ranges are going to be crucial. It should be noted that after MB Lasso it seems you get a free trait activation. ( The way Steve worded it ) So there's one set up, hopefully there's more that don't require meter but I guess we'll find that answer soon!