What's new

Pre-release build Insomnia60 Wonder Woman!!

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
From looks of it seems her trait is going to be as useless as it was in last game if not more. The only improvement is shield toss replacing that goofy tiara toss move which was unsafe on hit at close range.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
From looks of it seems her trait is going to be as useless as it was in last game if not more. The only improvement is shield toss replacing that goofy tiara toss move which was unsafe on hit at close range.
I can see it being kinda usefull if we can find set-ups with certain traits or if they give us the chance to choose which one she will get.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
It would really surprise me if they make WW not viable in a tournament setting to be honest. Sounds lame, but with her movie being so close?

I just think she's gotta have something hidden, or perhaps they have already implemented changes. Regardless bring on launch.
NRS doesn't really have good track record when it comes figuring out what works and what doesn't.

Take unbreakable subzero for example he wasn't given ice burst move when game was launched. They eventually added ice burst to unbreakable variation and he was still the worst character in game until the post evo 2016 patch which changed pretty much all characters in game that is when unbreakable was made tournament viable.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Random trait is another strange choice. Considering no option on it's own seems that strong...but the random aspect is super disappointing.

chores

bad at things
i enjoyed ww for 3 reasons:

space control from lasso normal b2 and instant air punch
plus frames on everything including fwd advancing normals
air mobility including instant air dash crossovers

doesnt look like ill be playing ww this time around

shyndoa

Noob
I really think NRS makes this choice about her random trait because it can be really strong with the buff "damage reduce" 15 secs trait active and 2 secs of cooldown.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
I really think NRS makes this choice about her random trait because it can be really strong with the buff "damage reduce" 15 secs trait active and 2 secs of cooldown.
Choosing would be a bit much if I'm honest. The cycle would be much more suitable, that would still represent adjusting on the fly.

I know NRS doesn't exactly have the best track record on balancing, however they do seem to improving on all aspects so I'm not going to doubt them. She still looks super fun to play, and I will be 100% testing her on launch. This state or not.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Yall a lot more scared than I am about WW. I think she gonna be just fine. Everything in the core moveset looks great and not every characters straightforward gameplay is defined by their trait.

*ed*

Also I don't think the trait is that bad honestly. Buff lasts long time, cooldown completely negligible. You will have it up multiple times for the duration of the fight.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
I can see it being kinda usefull if we can find set-ups with certain traits
Almost all her traits give damage buff or reduction, no extra properties,no extra plus or changing of string, so no set-ups.
The only trait that adds something is an air dash that doesn't change side when you cross up your opponent so it is just to get in from fullscreen. There are gonna be setups only without trait! And you get in risk doing that in neutral. Its reactably punishable by zoners, even on OUR offence.

I am gonna tell you the truth. My best games i played with WW were the ones that i didn't even use the trait. I was focus on my few strings and footsies in battle. Trait was just wasting my time on the offence. On the defence i was just gambling for damage reduction even if that was the result to get by trying to activate it.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Almost all her traits give damage buff or reduction, no extra properties,no extra plus or changing of string, so no set-ups.
The only trait that adds something is an air dash that doesn't change side when you cross up your opponent so it is just to get in from fullscreen. There are gonna be setups only without trait! And you get in risk doing that in neutral. Its reactably punishable by zoners, even on OUR offence.

I am gonna tell you the truth. My best games i played with WW were the ones that i didn't even use the trait. I was focus on my few strings and footsies in battle. Trait was just wasting my time on the offence. On the defence i was just gambling for damage reduction even if that was the result to get by trying to activate it.
That sucks but we still have hope they change it before the game comes out... We would have to wait and play th game for a few months before we can say if it's completely worthless... Maybe it would turn out to be useful in some ways.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I'm not gonna worry myself about stuff that could possibly be changed at launch. Even when the game is finally out I'm just gonna learn and try to find things that we may not see from the beginning.

I don't want a repeat of MKXL Mileena.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
I'm not gonna worry myself about stuff that could possibly be changed at launch. Even when the game is finally out I'm just gonna learn and try to find things that we may not see from the beginning.

I don't want a repeat of MKXL Mileena.
Your avatar sums it up sadly haha.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
Shared this on Discord. B2 looks like a piece of wet spaghetti as an anti-air.
[/URL][/IMG]
B2 only catches people when they try to jump..if they are already in the air, it totally whiffs! D2 has the best range horizontal and upwards but diagonal is a bit tricky.
D2 is like the next best antiair after AM's but with double frames start up. You should be ready to antiair and press d2 almost when they jump.

By the way. Her shield toss is a mid on some characters!! It whiffs on many crouching opponents!! Personally i would prefer it safe and high as it was used to be and mb mid on the way back.

shyndoa

Noob
Why does B2 need to anti air? D2 is one of the best anti airs in the game. Just use that.
Maybe because the animation shows that b2 hits the oppenent. It's tricky for our eyes.
D2 is really good to anti air. It's just you have to anticipate the jump because it's 13f.