What's new

Pre-Patch Tier List: In My Eyes

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Waaaaaaaaaaa I'm cryinnnggggggg out of embarrassment - please someone help me to help this guy understand....please.

He has MORE projectile options than Shazam which renders your talk of the Axe completely and utterly moot in this comparison.
He has a better 5 frames better standard projectile and MUCH better mb projectile.
Shazam's teleport has 20 or so frames startup and 20 or so frames recovery - i.e. if he is teleporting away.....throw a projectile. If he teleports towards you.....read it and punish. If he teleports away, move in and pressure. He teleport is bolllloooocksss (except on wakeup :D)
I completely missed this one, probably because it looks like all of the other stuff you posted in that its lacking.
Quantity doesn't make up for a lack of quality. He has more options? Great. Are they on a 5-7 second timer, move slowly, have decent start-up, and so on so forth? I suppose they do. Well then, I suppose the Axe isn't much of an "option" now is it?

Bane on level 3 venom cooldown is also on a 6 second timer, and he can still do all the same things he can normally albeit without armor. Look any Bane in the face and tell them that level 3 venom cooldown means they still have good options, and they'll probably all respond with "When its off, perhaps."

Oh yeah, MB that projectile. Not like its not guardable or anything, not from the range it matters anyways. 1 bar for 3% in chip, woo. At least Shazam gets decent damage when you block his.
Start-up, yes. Recovery? Not so much, otherwise it would be punishable on wake-up since moves used as wake-ups still retain recovery frames (hence why some are unsafe). And I'll take that wake-up tele over Ares any day since its not shaftable by some 90% of the cast.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
But still are you an Xbox player I wouldn't mind doing friendly sets, I can show you some of the things ares can do.
I've fought some pretty ballin' Ares at EVO, I know what he can do. I've also fought some very phenomenal Shazams and by the same merit and putting them side by side, I can safely say that while neither character is per-se viable Shazam wins out on wake-up alone. Ares can be Aug'd and his wake-up is not only irrelevant but every option becomes unsafe (including teleport). Once people catch onto the tech beyond Bane, things will become a lot worse for the guy.

That and in my personal opinion Ares-Bane is a 3-7 in Bane's favor, but in light of what I saw I'm willing to say maybe.... 3.5/6.5 Bane's favor. 4/6 at best for Ares.

P3irce

Noob
I completely missed this one, probably because it looks like all of the other stuff you posted in that its lacking.
Quantity doesn't make up for a lack of quality. He has more options? Great. Are they on a 5-7 second timer, move slowly, have decent start-up, and so on so forth? I suppose they do. Well then, I suppose the Axe isn't much of an "option" now is it?

Oh yeah, MB that projectile. Not like its not guardable or anything, not from the range it matters anyways. 1 bar for 3% in chip, woo. At least Shazam gets decent damage when you block his.
Start-up, yes. Recovery? Not so much, otherwise it would be punishable on wake-up since moves used as wake-ups still retain recovery frames (hence why some are unsafe). And I'll take that wake-up tele over Ares any day since its not shaftable by some 90% of the cast.
Come on man stop just downplaying ares. Will you play some friendly sets ? I don't care who you use I can show you how an above average ares plays. I love shazam as much as the next guy but ares is way better imo. I'm saying this as one friendly player to another so what do you say

SZSR

Noob
Awesome, ok so...
How many of those are off of an overhead?
How many of those are unblockable?
Shazam can do that too.
Shazam does 71% combos in the corner for no meter.
Shazam does things off of a 1/3 mix-up chance where you have a 33% chance of guessing right. I'll take that over the incredibly likely and interruptible d.1xxanything.
I'm not sure you know shazam that well, because 71% is not possible without meter.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Come on man stop just downplaying ares. Will you play some friendly sets ? I don't care who you use I can show you how an above average ares plays. I love shazam as much as the next guy but ares is way better imo. I'm saying this as one friendly player to another so what do you say
I own it for xbox but I don't like playing on it. :/ Its not like I'm saying "oh Ares is terrible he has no options", I know he does but you can stop him from ever standing and its more than just one character who can do it. That coupled with not much to prevent people from walking in and scoring said knockdown and all, he just isn't as good as Shazam who can do comparable damage without a cooldown timer and a wake-up that can't simply be trashed by most if not all of the cast.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
That's some damn good timing or a long animation for it to happen consistently, from what I've seen. Like it ~can~ happen, but I don't see it happening often enough. Bane's super is the same way.
yeah, its by no means something someone does consistently, but jump happy green arrows and batmen have knocked me out of it more times than I can count. Its stupid that a jump in attack has priority over an active special like that.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/injustice/index.html?tc=ya0-tr9r2wfv4bbr3mglbcds3rjv41hu3rgw8ffaisbtf9frfyew7leoandaishre8dsfkaqb4cqbc8qb4ay7lkkbdly3ciz7likbdhciscx6sog8dohad-bk5-naShawi

That is what I think. The I've move some characters up and down slightly depending on which tier they are shifted towards and by how much. Anyone want to provide any input on what I think?
Flash should be above GL, Grundy should be way lower, your opinion on Shazam is very off-putting and Lex should be where he is, Hawkgirl is much much better than that, I don't want to continue critiquing it because I'm sure someone else will do it for me.

P3irce

Noob
I own it for xbox but I don't like playing on it. :/ Its not like I'm saying "oh Ares is terrible he has no options", I know he does but you can stop him from ever standing and its more than just one character who can do it. That coupled with not much to prevent people from walking in and scoring said knockdown and all, he just isn't as good as Shazam who can do comparable damage without a cooldown timer and a wake-up that can't simply be trashed by most if not all of the cast.
Alright I'm upset we can't play but I will respect your opinion and just agree that we have different opinions. Message me if you ever do want to play but other than that good day

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
yeah, its by no means something someone does consistently, but jump happy green arrows and batmen have knocked me out of it more times than I can count. Its stupid that a jump in attack has priority over an active special like that.
Are you doing it as they jump or at the peak? I've found throwing it at the peak of their jump makes it a lot harder to stop since most of their attacks don't carry over that long.

Shawi

Noob
FFS, just yes and play vs P3irce ! Get some nuts....lol snickers.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Alright I'm upset we can't play but I will respect your opinion and just agree that we have different opinions. Message me if you ever do want to play but other than that good day
I'll maybe hit you up and invite you to one of our Bane sessions to show off your goods when we bother to do it. Its not an opinion so much as its a "Bane forum finds tech 2-3 months before anyone else" type deal, hence my signature. Hopefully they fix it in the big patch and no one else ever does.

SZSR

Noob
I'm aware, but its fun to overhype the characters sometimes. Even level 3 venom Bane doesn't get 71% meterless.
As far as i'm aware, no one in this entire cast gets that much damage with no meter. Even some resets that do theoretically accrue that amount of damage require meter.

Do not overhype people on a character just because it's fun, that's thread derailing and direct misinformation, people come to Testyourmight to learn about the game.

P3irce

Noob
I'll maybe hit you up and invite you to one of our Bane sessions to show off your goods when we bother to do it. Its not an opinion so much as its a "Bane forum finds tech 2-3 months before anyone else" type deal, hence my signature. Hopefully they fix it in the big patch and no one else ever does.
Sound good man just message if you feel like it :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As far as i'm aware, no one in this entire cast gets that much damage with no meter. Even some resets that do theoretically accrue that amount of damage require meter.

Do not overhype people on a character just because it's fun, that's thread derailing and direct misinformation, people come to Testyourmight to learn about the game.
I'm all about the information, and Bane can do resets into more than it and he can do it just raw. Its not hard to link a N.T.C.G. onto the end of a corner reset for an easy +30% damage on top of it, but its a poor spending of venom time and we have better options with meter.

Overhyping a character gets people interested. Misinformation is my fault, sorry and I looked into it post-post. However, he does get 71% in the corner which is nothing to sneeze at, and he can still belt out about that much damage for a somewhat efficient cost (I think it comes down to like 1 3/4 bar by the end of it or something for a 2 MB reset into a 1-burn combo or something). Lately, theres not much learning going on so I don't know if that's the only reason people come here.

Actually serious question, if a combo uses a MB but it generates back a bar of more worth of meter (basically you aren't actually losing any meter) is it considered "meterless" damage on account of you are just getting that meter back anyways or no? If so, then Shazam can technically do about 80% give or take for no realistic meter cost.

Shawi

Noob
IMO any discussion or argument, as long as it is game related, will result in learning something.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Are you doing it as they jump or at the peak? I've found throwing it at the peak of their jump makes it a lot harder to stop since most of their attacks don't carry over that long.
It varies. But it works best for me preemptively if I read jump. I just think its dumb he can be hit out of it >:eek:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
By the by, yes. Shazam can actually I think get that 71% free even without the MB using a reset.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Batman not top tier? You're underestimating the shit out of Batman if he is not at the very damn top of the tier list next to Superman.