What's new

Pre-Patch Tier List: In My Eyes

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Hello all, very seldomly do I start a new thread, so I figured I could give us a new topic that everyone likes to talk about; tier lists. I understand that a new patch is one the way, so I wanted to share with you all how I see the "tiers" in this game and all that jazz before the game gets changed yet again. My list isn't in-depth, just an over view of where I think characters stand.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/injustice/index.html?tc=ya0-trhg3vh67bj97amkahl778dj3vbf3ud37bh7eekfai9pahb779g3agf7eed7eej4eeokai5oahbuah9a7bdyahjf3wiaaj7mahbaedfi3wf5cff37b-bk5-naSoftShocks

Note: The two blank spots are Zod and Scopion. I see Zod as S tier and Scoprion as A tier. I will also add that MMH is either S or SS, I haven't really made up my mind on that yet haha.

So lets discuss how amazing wrong my list is and how I should never have any input into anything Injustice related ever again.

P3irce

Noob
Well then, GL below Aquaman, Grundy and Ares below Shazam and Bane, move hawkgirl up.

That's about it.
There is no way ares should be moving down he's definitely an underated character, while he does have his weaknesses, he's ahead tons of tricky stuff and solid damage output

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
There is no way ares should be moving down he's definitely an underated character, while he does have his weaknesses, he's ahead tons of tricky stuff and solid damage output
Underrated doesn't automatically mean "better", you realize. Being the underdog doesn't mean you are promised a victory.

P3irce

Noob
Underrated doesn't automatically mean "better", you realize. Being the underdog doesn't mean you are promised a victory.
When I say underrated I mean that people don't realize the things he can do. Underdog and underrated are completely different things

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hawkgirl S tier? Lol nope. Shazam good? Nope.
Hawkgirl whose pressure and damage rivals some of the better S-tier characters with her only downside being a semi-losing MU against Deathstroke? Lolyes.

Shazam who has more mix-up potential, solid damage, and projectile ability than Ares along with a teleport that doesn't automatically lose to anyone who knows how to Aug Tech with their respective character and has a good amount more even MUs with not many losing ones than Ares or Grundy? Yep.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
When I say underrated I mean that people don't realize the things he can do. Underdog and underrated are completely different things
For the sake of the scenario, they are the same. Saying a character can't go down because they are underrated is the same as saying the underdog has the same odds as the champion because no one watches out for them. Trust me, Bane has more (and I mean much much more) hidden techs, gimmicks, damage potential, techs, option selects, and the like than almost any other character in the game and he is still lower-mid. He is underrated, probably moreso than Ares, but that doesn't automatically make him incapable of being outdone by characters with outright better options and MU spreads.

P3irce

Noob
Hawkgirl whose pressure and damage rivals some of the better S-tier characters with her only downside being a semi-losing MU against Deathstroke? Lolyes.

Shazam who has more mix-up potential, solid damage, and projectile ability than Ares along with a teleport that doesn't automatically lose to anyone who knows how to Aug Tech with their respective character and has a good amount more even MUs with not many losing ones than Ares or Grundy? Yep.
Ares can does great damage 1 bar ~45%. Not to mention like 50% combos in the corner. Off of a 6 frame low poke like 30% into possible reset conditions. I love shazam but he's nowhere as good as ares

P3irce

Noob
For the sake of the scenario, they are the same. Saying a character can't go down because they are underrated is the same as saying the underdog has the same odds as the champion because no one watches out for them. Trust me, Bane has more (and I mean much much more) hidden techs, gimmicks, damage potential, techs, option selects, and the like than almost any other character in the game and he is still lower-mid. He is underrated, probably moreso than Ares, but that doesn't automatically make him incapable of being outdone by characters with outright better options and MU spreads.
But the difference between bane and ares is the fact that really isn't any crippling matchups for ares the worst might be 6/4 against like flash

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ares can does great damage 1 bar ~45%. Not to mention like 50% combos in the corner. Off of a 6 frame low poke like 30% into possible reset conditions. I love shazam but he's nowhere as good as ares
Awesome, ok so...
How many of those are off of an overhead?
How many of those are unblockable?
Shazam can do that too.
Shazam does 71% combos in the corner for no meter.
Shazam does things off of a 1/3 mix-up chance where you have a 33% chance of guessing right. I'll take that over the incredibly likely and interruptible d.1xxanything.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

What?

Oh and I made clarifications. The two DLC I put weren't the same as yours. Martian is the top one. Scorp was the bottom one.

I have no idea where ZOD is at.

P3irce

Noob
Awesome, ok so...
How many of those are off of an overhead?
How many of those are unblockable?
Shazam can do that too.
Shazam does 71% combos in the corner for no meter.
Shazam does things off of a 1/3 mix-up chance where you have a 33% chance of guessing right. I'll take that over the incredibly likely and interruptible d.1xxanything.
Shazam has no low starters, ares has a low starter, an overhead starter, and unblock able startup that can have armor meter burned , an overhead, low startup, 50% no meter. Can zone with overhead meter burned and trait weapons. Shazam can be beat off of any b3, f3 meter burned moves and the fact that his command grabs are still always a 50/50

P3irce

Noob
Shazam has no low starters, ares has a low starter, an overhead starter, and unblock able startup that can have armor meter burned , an overhead, low startup, 50% no meter. Can zone with overhead meter burned and trait weapons. Shazam can be beat off of any b3, f3 meter burned moves and the fact that his command grabs are still always a 50/50
The 50% no meter is corner combo