What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] KP2 buff/nerf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just to be on the safe side, I'll hold off on that video until after we see the patch. If its a combo we can't do anymore or there is a more optimal version, I'd prefer to record that.
If no changes, I'll post the video as per normal.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Just to be on the safe side, I'll hold off on that video until after we see the patch. If its a combo we can't do anymore or there is a more optimal version, I'd prefer to record that.
If no changes, I'll post the video as per normal.
Why not do both? I really doubt there is going to be any changes on the scale of PnG cancel anyway, especially with Lackey.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Please, go away, sir.
First off, I made this thread, so you go away :p

you demand to ruin the only sensible command throw input in the entire game because obviously we can't have nice things?
Secondly, while I agree that two inputs is sensible (more than once have I lost a match in the middle of a sweet sweet comeback cuz I was trying to input dbf1 and PnG came out), and would love for everyone's grab to have that, considering the EVERYONE ELSE HAS THREE INPUTS (from memory, can't check right now), I think its unfair that Kotal (who was in a pretty good place to start) gets away with two, and has a fuck ton of tick throws to boot. Kind of goes against the definition of balanced.

Also I have no real problem with mid combo directions, easiest way to do it is move your finger to that direction first then hit the input. Only one I disagree with is up normals.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why not do both? I really doubt there is going to be any changes on the scale of PnG cancel anyway, especially with Lackey.
I'm still working on the video.
The input is b.23 2+4 4xxb.f.2 d.3 4xxb.f.2 d.1xxd.b.f.3

If that one is too hard, then you can always do f.2 4xxb.f.2 d.3 f.2 d.3 4xxd.b.f.3

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
First off, I made this thread, so you go away :p.
Technically, I'm just passing through :p

Secondly, while I agree that two inputs is sensible (more than once have I lost a match in the middle of a sweet sweet comeback cuz I was trying to input dbf1 and PnG came out), and would love for everyone's grab to have that, considering the EVERYONE ELSE HAS THREE INPUTS (from memory, can't check right now), I think its unfair that Kotal (who was in a pretty good place to start) gets away with two, and has a fuck ton of tick throws to boot. Kind of goes against the definition of balanced.
I don't think that common adherence to bad idea makes said idea good tbh. Also I'm big not-fan of "balancing" through screwing interface up.

Also I have no real problem with mid combo directions, easiest way to do it is move your finger to that direction first then hit the input. Only one I disagree with is up normals.
Up input is actually more problematic when you need to do it from neutral since you can jump if you hit it too early, while with other direction you can afford hitting the key early.

Point being though, characters have a lot of options in neutral, so key combinations are necessary. Plus like it or not, side reversion of inputs is a thing and have strong practical impact, some setups are based on that. In the middle of target combo though, that is not true and those inputs become redundant.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Technically, I'm just passing through :p

I don't think that common adherence to bad idea makes said idea good tbh. Also I'm big not-fan of "balancing" through screwing interface up.

Up input is actually more problematic when you need to do it from neutral since you can jump if you hit it too early, while with other direction you can afford hitting the key early.

Point being though, characters have a lot of options in neutral, so key combinations are necessary. Plus like it or not, side reversion of inputs is a thing and have strong practical impact, some setups are based on that. In the middle of target combo though, that is not true and those inputs become redundant.

Yea I'm agreeing, up normals (especially as the first input) are dumb.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
what id like to see

universal -
B121 leaves standing opponent closer so you can get true 50/50s midscreen and PnG midscreen cancels are easier to combo into.
1,1 2+4 works as a mid screen punisher.
D2 fast enough to punish things like Lao's teleport. id love for it to work as an anti air but might be asking too much.
more tick throws.
faster overhead
R/V with out ferra on top you get Lakey B2 string
tuck and charge to work as an anti air

Lakey -
torryuken works as an anti air. would be great if he could also juggle a d1 after like kenjutsu.
faster overhead with more range
ability to dash cancel charge so with good timing you can negate a projectile and dash in to close the distance.
command throw leaves enemy closer

Vicious -
a big problem i have with vicious is that certain characters can out zone them pretty well if they can shot air to ground projectiles and jump back. combined with the slow run speed it can be pretty tough chasing enemies down when its your only option. i think zoning wise they should be able to give everyone trouble seeing as they have essentialy a cool down for each projectile thrown. to buff their zoning i suggest giving them either a air to ground/ air to air projectile or a ground to air projectile that reaches the top right.
meter burn boss toss please :p

Ruthless i dont really play so dont have anything to say on that

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Lackey:
charge 100% safe on block (-5)
Roll has better frames
A tick throw or two (off of b1, b12 AND b121 hehehehehehheehehe, if Erron can we can)

If command grab was more plus or didn't send them full screen that'd be great.

Btw don't forget that FT might get the command grab buff ie work on hit making s1 punishes legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.