What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] KP2 buff/nerf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigy

There it is...
What is this, May?
Seriously though. If people don't train themselves to use OS, it's only their problem, and not tick mixups working. And I do know that even people from backwater communities train to do that.

They, of course, can work if opponent doesn't have meter. Is that what you want for F/T though?
well considering ferr torr doesn't get much chance to use his fuzzy guardable slow 50/50 it would help him.

Just seems silly he has no ticks to me. I only play him a bit so no expert but just seems to be lacking ways to open people up.

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
Give Lackey the ability to cancel BF3 after the initial Torr scream so that you can just absorb projectiles in case they trying to play the "I Wanna stay in the other side of the screen and throw shits at you style of Kombat" as you frustrate them as you approach or give him that scream as a projectile only special move absorver, make it cost you some health when you use it.
Ferra/Torr damage should return to the way it was, he is a brute, now you can't even break the 40% barrier without 3 bars of meter yet you see alot of skinnier characters doing 40%+ with 1 bar, while we are a it, you can do almost nothing if they start playing a game of the floor is lava with you because your opinions for AA only work at a distance if you made a good read.
As it's already been said Ferra sometimes takes forever to jump on your back, one day a "Round 2! Fight!" started with her still running aroud.
And fuck the :d:l:r grab, i rarely use it because 7/10 times i mess the input.:mad:
With all of that said, i don't think Ferra/Torr is hollywood enough to receive nice things, so in KP2 i'm waiting for more Kotal Kahn buffs and a broken Cyber-Ninjas!
#rant

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Give Lackey the ability to cancel BF3 after the initial Torr scream so that you can just absorb projectiles in case they trying to play the "I Wanna stay in the other side of the screen and throw shits at you style of Kombat" as you frustrate them as you approach or give him that scream as a projectile only special move absorver, make it cost you some health when you use it.
Ferra/Torr damage should return to the way it was, he is a brute, now you can't even break the 40% barrier without 3 bars of meter yet you see alot of skinnier characters doing 40%+ with 1 bar, while we are a it, you can do almost nothing if they start playing a game of the floor is lava with you because your opinions for AA only work at a distance if you made a good read.
As it's already been said Ferra sometimes takes forever to jump on your back, one day a "Round 2! Fight!" started with her still running aroud.
And fuck the :d:l:r grab, i rarely use it because 7/10 times i mess the input.:mad:
With all of that said, i don't think Ferra/Torr is hollywood enough to receive nice things, so in KP2 i'm waiting for more Kotal Kahn buffs and a broken Cyber-Ninjas!
#rant
Uh...
He breaks 40% meterless in all variations memory serving.
Also Lackey covers the entire screen in 18 frames with armor for a 9% and knockdown, and you can convert off of it.

MK Led

Umbasa
#rant
Uh...
He breaks 40% meterless in all variations memory serving.
Also Lackey covers the entire screen in 18 frames with armor for a 9% and knockdown, and you can convert off of it.
I don't think vicious can break 40% anymore, with or without a bar. But yeah the other two break it easy, not sure if lackey can without a bar though.

I do think Lackey sorely needs a better way to get in from max distance than EX charge (preferably without having to use a bar), the number of times I've spent a bar to get in, only to be jumped over and be punished with a full combo makes me think twice about using that move as a way to get in from anywhere outside of around 1/2 screen distance. Even though it's unlikely, I'd personally like to see Lackey's normal run become significantly faster, I bet he could zoom along if he ran on all fours, like a gorilla.

(there was no better gif, but you probably get the idea.)

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't think vicious can break 40% anymore, with or without a bar. But yeah the other two break it easy, not sure if lackey can without a bar though.

I do think Lackey sorely needs a better way to get in than EX charge, the number of times I've spent a bar to get in, only to be jumped over and be punished with a full combo makes me think twice about using that move as a way to get in from anywhere outside of around 1/2 screen distance. Even though it's unlikely, I'd personally like to see Lackey's normal run become significantly faster, I bet he could zoom along if he ran on all fours, like a gorilla.

(there was no better gif, but you probably get the idea.)
Ex charge? I meant EX roll.

Also vicious gets 38%, so yeah. Lackey breaks 40% meterless.

MK Led

Umbasa
Ex charge? I meant EX roll.

Also vicious gets 38%, so yeah. Lackey breaks 40% meterless.
Yeah I was just commenting on charge in response to KuralKing. And really? Would you mind sharing, I've never seen a feasable lackey combo that hits 40% meterless (also I know about the vicious combo and the viablility of roll lol, converting off it eludes me though).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Could you please just post inputs?
Nope.
Because if I just posted inputs for a lot of my combos they wouldn't make sense to people who couldn't do them.
Like f.2 n.j.p j.i.1 b.f.2 d.1 d.b.2MB b.f.2.
If you can't do it, the combo just looks weird or wrong or both.
Sooo wait for the video. Or don't, go to the lab and find it on your own.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Certain combos require certain timings when being done.
If people are unfamiliar with the specific timing of, say, when to f.2 after an f.2 or when to do a certain follow-up, then the combo looks like it doesn't work.
Its called quality assurance, people tend to have an easier time with combos when there is a visual indication to such.

Otherwise people would probably never think that doing a roll midscreen and mid combo and then converting off of it for more damage was even possible.

Or that you can convert off of f.2 f.2 into huge damage since, for most people, such a thing is hard to do outside of Lackey and his 6 frame d.1

Like if I told you to do something like j.i.2 b.23 2+4 d.2 f.2 n.j.p 4xxb.f.4 then you'd probably have some issue doing so. This isn't the combo, but it makes for a good example.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yeah a good AA, roll in Lackey going under high projectiles maybe, aaaand...

Being able to tick throw off b1.

Certain combos require certain timings when being done.
If people are unfamiliar with the specific timing of, say, when to f.2 after an f.2 or when to do a certain follow-up, then the combo looks like it doesn't work.
Its called quality assurance, people tend to have an easier time with combos when there is a visual indication to such.

Otherwise people would probably never think that doing a roll midscreen and mid combo and then converting off of it for more damage was even possible.

Or that you can convert off of f.2 f.2 into huge damage since, for most people, such a thing is hard to do outside of Lackey and his 6 frame d.1

Like if I told you to do something like j.i.2 b.23 2+4 d.2 f.2 n.j.p 4xxb.f.4 then you'd probably have some issue doing so. This isn't the combo, but it makes for a good example.
i play F/T lackey and if i am correct his biggest midscreen combo is 41% with 1 bar of meter,the intupts are: jip f2 njp f3 4xxdb2ex 4xxcommand grab
his meterless dmg is pretty mediocre considering his size and his power...probably his biggest meterless combo is jip f2 njp f3 4xxcommand grab that probably does less than 32%...
if you know any bigger combos plz share them :)

about buffs the only thing that lackey really needs is an antiair grab.
they can also give invinsibility from air attacks to toryuken,or priority or something in order to be a proper antiair without been forced to use a bar of meter when your opponent jumps in you like a fucking retard...if that is done no antiair grab whould be needed...
just give F/T a meterless antiair option...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i play F/T lackey and if i am correct his biggest midscreen combo is 41% with 1 bar of meter,the intupts are: jip f2 njp f3 4xxdb2ex 4xxcommand grab
his meterless dmg is pretty mediocre considering his size and his power...probably his biggest meterless combo is jip f2 njp f3 4xxcommand grab that probably does less than 32%...

they can also give invinsibility from air attacks to toryuken,or priority or something in order to be a proper antiair without been forced to use a bar of meter when your opponent jumps in you like a fucking (soap bar in my mouth)...if that is done no antiair grab whould be needed...
I have to get running somewhere, but I'll come back and let you in on the big stuff.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Nope.
Because if I just posted inputs for a lot of my combos they wouldn't make sense to people who couldn't do them.
Like f.2 n.j.p j.i.1 b.f.2 d.1 d.b.2MB b.f.2.
If you can't do it, the combo just looks weird or wrong or both.
Sooo wait for the video. Or don't, go to the lab and find it on your own.
No offence, but out of them all, this is hardly the real problem with what you've posted :p

Seriously though, videos may be useful, but inability of people into timings doesn't make notations wrong.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Doom if you are about to post a roll combo go for it but I am pretty much never going to use those in a match because they are so difficult and inconstant. When we are comparing our damage I'm comparing bnb damage between characters in which case Lackey maxes out at 40% for a bar (F2, F3, 4xxEX DB2, 4xxDBF1) You could also do F2, F3, 4xxEX DB2, F2, D1xxDBF1 for 41% but thats inconsitant enough that I wouldnt do it in a match either. Compare that to something like Ermac who does 40% easy bnbs for no meter when hes a skinny bitch and we are a juiced up hulk beast it doesnt really make much sense. If they gave us some extra recovery from the roll on hit as well as whiff too though to make these combos consistant and give us a few more possible ones in KP2 I would be sooo happy

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...

they can also give invinsibility from air attacks to toryuken,or priority or something in order to be a proper antiair without been forced to use a bar of meter when your opponent jumps in you like a fucking (soap bar in my mouth)...if that is done no antiair grab whould be needed...
Biggest meterless combo I know of is F2, NP, F3, F2, D1xx command grab which does 33%, 35% with a jump in. The combo you put does 33% to but only 34% with jump in. I thought Torr was suppose to be biggest of all :/

joeldm

Noob
B2 Lackey should be faster, which does not make sense that your B2 is the slowest of variations.
Also, your B2 has the smallest range of variations and B2 after a jip can hit by armored moves

If B2 should be so slow, so that B2 can break armored moves

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
With all of that said, i don't think Ferra/Torr is hollywood enough to receive nice things, so in KP2 i'm waiting for more Kotal Kahn buffs and a
Kotal's command grabs need to be nerfed so THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE'S

command grabs are supposed to be good but risky, Kotal is getting off way too easy with this two button input shit.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
B2 Lackey should be faster, which does not make sense that your B2 is the slowest of variations.
Also, your B2 has the smallest range of variations and B2 after a jip can hit by armored moves

If B2 should be so slow, so that B2 can break armored moves
B2 already beats out a lot of low attacks and pokes, we dont need a faster overhead, FT isnt a 50-50 character. Lackey especially is suppose to be a grappler, however to be a true grappler Lackey needs a consistant anti air (fix torryuken) and bigger damage imo. If they give roll better recovery on hit to make it a legitimate combo extender as well as a torryuken buff then Lackey could gets its damage and not be free to jumping (which means people will stay on the ground more and therefor get grabbed more). That and making roll go under high projectiles with slightly less recovery on whiff but not full on Reptile dash speed. Hell they could even make EX torryuken punishable if they actually made those fixes and I wouldnt even care, safe armored launchers are bs anyway

joeldm

Noob
B2 already beats out a lot of low attacks and pokes, we dont need a faster overhead, FT isnt a 50-50 character. Lackey especially is suppose to be a grappler, however to be a true grappler Lackey needs a consistant anti air (fix torryuken) and bigger damage imo. If they give roll better recovery on hit to make it a legitimate combo extender as well as a torryuken buff then Lackey could gets its damage and not be free to jumping (which means people will stay on the ground more and therefor get grabbed more). That and making roll go under high projectiles with slightly less recovery on whiff but not full on Reptile dash speed. Hell they could even make EX torryuken punishable if they actually made those fixes and I wouldnt even care, safe armored launchers are bs anyway
I do not want B2 be super fast, but is only 1 or 2 frames faster than their other variations. That would be fair to him.
Only at this point I disagree.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Kotal's command grabs need to be nerfed so THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE'S

command grabs are supposed to be good but risky, Kotal is getting off way too easy with this two button input shit.
How about asking for proper interface instead? You know, purely functional thing that is supposed to unambiguously interpret user's commands without burdening him with excessive inputs?

You know, like how there's no reason for F/T throw to be bound to dbf1 since db1 is vacant? How ddu on Ermac's levi doesn't make sense (why isn't it du?)? How fbf4 on windmill is excessive because bf4 would suffice? Or about that 4u4 nonsense (let's ignore the fact that 4 is useless, it still makes no sense)? Or about mid-string directional inputs being absolutely pointless because even without them you can make 4 different 2 hit strings or 16 three hit strings off any normal, yet in MK we hardly ever have 2? Or MKX-brand kara cancels that require at least 6 rapid and well-timed button presses while even Japanese FGs have such things on a single macro button? Or what about that silly run input?

Instead, like a proverbial crab from the bucket, you demand to ruin the only sensible command throw input in the entire game because obviously we can't have nice things?

Please, go away, sir.

Oh, and for fuck's sake, bugged hitbox/kb inputs are still not fixed. It's been almost a year, for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.