What's new

General/Other Pre-Evo Confirmation MMH Discussion Compilation Thread

Monitor2112

Paitent Padawan
Honestly, I joined after Batgirl was confirmed and so missed much of the other directional hate, but the smugness of the Batgirl-fanbase is starting to get under my skin a bit.

Of course, smugness in general annoys me, and Barbara Gordon being Batgirl is kind of a hate-trigger for me like '98 Godzilla is for Living Corpse. Just seeing her reminds me of all the cool stuff New 52 took away (ie. Oracle, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, original Birds of Prey, 90s Suicide Squad, etc.).

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut though out of respect for people who do like her, but the trailer today seems to have raised the smugness level to new heights.
I guess I'm blind because I am not seeing any smugness from the Batgirls...but then I am new myself and I am just starting to read through all the threads.

I gotta say I was upset with the new 52. For exactly the same thing. All of the cool stuff they took away. Basically they just wiped a MAJOR portion of my life away. I guess it was time, Crisis on Infinite Worlds was over 30 years ago. The silver age wiped most of the Golden age away...so this is NOT new for DC comics.

However, with this and the Civil War nonsense at marvel after more than 35 years I was finally NOT collecting comic books. I still have not picked up any new comics...but...but...I have downloaded some and I am starting to read some of the New 52 with an open mind. It's not bad.

I am SO glad they brought back the Parallel dimension gimmick. It was the one thing that I HATED most about the 80's Crisis. I'm a big fan of elseworlds type stories and now they can be told again. I look forward to the time when some of those characters that got wiped make a new appearance.

I gotta face it...I'm just a comic book nerd.

Monitor2112

Paitent Padawan
I actually think it's one of the most reasonable posts i have seen on TYM :p
I agree on all of the points..
And besides Martian Manhunter despite popular belief can't be Shang Tsung in this game - many people don't know it probably but he doesn't copy the powers of people he turns into... Otherwise he would kind of be AMAZO and would be very OP with all his other powers..
He is more like Mystique in X-Men - he can copy their physical powers probably like claws and staff but not their powers like energy blasts etc.
And yes Black Canary has also been a member of the JL for some time and she is very popular... She brings diversity with her sonic scream
Just a quick fanboy scream...Black Canary is actually now considered a founding member of the JLA. She took the place of Wonder Woman in the origin after the Crisis in the 80's. So yeah..she is pretty important.

Still I look forward to MMH. I'm really hoping he makes it.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Just a quick fanboy scream...Black Canary is actually now considered a founding member of the JLA. She took the place of Wonder Woman in the origin after the Crisis in the 80's. So yeah..she is pretty important.

Still I look forward to MMH. I'm really hoping he makes it.
did not know this but any way
WW > BC

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Black Canary is usually up there with Lady Shiva in H2H combat...
Lady Shiva is supposed to be the best H2H fighter in the whole DC universe if i am not mistaken :p
I'm just waiting for some one to say Batman is the best H2H fighter now :D
and this (ya shes using powers but I love this vid)

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I'm just waiting for some one to say Batman is the best H2H fighter now :D
and this (ya shes using powers but I love this vid)
I LOVE THAT WHOLE EPISODE IN GENERAL!! and I LOVE Vixen :D
Yeah Batman fans will stop at nothing to try to prove that Batman is the strongest and smartest character in all the comics and animes, movies, books ever created....:joker:

Monitor2112

Paitent Padawan
I've always read the Batman comics...but not because I really like Batman. I was always a fan of Robin. First Dick, then Tim. I actually voted for the death of Jason. I guess I just became a fan by default. It was in his comics that I would catch glimpses of my true favorite.

I was also a big fan of the team comics (Justice League, Avengers, Teen Titans, X-Men, Justice Society) I liked the group dynamic and well, it had more people to root for.

Anyway, back to the greatest fighter. DC Comics has given that title to Lady Shiva as said above. Black Canary and Batman are on the tier just below her. And Tim Drake was just below the second Green Arrow (Connor...Queen. I don't remember his last name) who was below BC and Bats. That makes Tim, at the tender age of 15 (At that time) one of the best fighters in the entire world...just imagine where he will be in his mid to late 20's...

To bring this back on topic. I think it would be cool if they had MMH take his REAL form in some fashion during his Supermove.

EDIT *Just watched the cartoon clip above. Man I missed out on some good stuff. Never really watched any of the animated shows. I was too busy pretty much to stop and smell the flowers...or watch the cartoon in this case.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I've always read the Batman comics...but not because I really like Batman. I was always a fan of Robin. First Dick, then Tim. I actually voted for the death of Jason. I guess I just became a fan by default. It was in his comics that I would catch glimpses of my true favorite.

I was also a big fan of the team comics (Justice League, Avengers, Teen Titans, X-Men, Justice Society) I liked the group dynamic and well, it had more people to root for.

Anyway, back to the greatest fighter. DC Comics has given that title to Lady Shiva as said above. Black Canary and Batman are on the tier just below her. And Tim Drake was just below the second Green Arrow (Connor...Queen. I don't remember his last name) who was below BC and Bats. That makes Tim, at the tender age of 15 (At that time) one of the best fighters in the entire world...just imagine where he will be in his mid to late 20's...

To bring this back on topic. I think it would be cool if they had MMH take his REAL form in some fashion during his Supermove.

EDIT *Just watched the cartoon clip above. Man I missed out on some good stuff. Never really watched any of the animated shows. I was too busy pretty much to stop and smell the flowers...or watch the cartoon in this case.
I want him to do stuff like this

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
God damnit. I just find it so fucking bizzare that MMH wasnt in the core game. This guys fan base isnt small...

Something smells fishy and it's not your girlfriends crotch.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
God damnit. I just find it so fucking bizzare that MMH wasnt in the core game. This guys fan base isnt small...

Something smells fishy and it's not your girlfriends crotch.
Wait.... are you straight? coz that's what us gays guys imagine about how p***** smell like ? O.O lol i wonder if it has any basis